[WIP] Half-Large Industries - v0.1.0

mbartelsm

s6VztpL.png

j8ki0qR.png

Half Large Industries is a mod designed to fill the abysmal gap that exists between size 1 and size 2 parts. Currently, in career mode, the player goes from barely being able to launch a proper Mun rocket all the way to reaching out to Jool as soon as size 2 is unlocked in the tech tree. Additionally, the abrupt change in dimensions from one size to the other makes it extremely hard to build sleek rockets that use multiple sizes.

Cl7Pps1.png

Home Grown Rockets and others such mods used to fill that gap, and while I never truly enjoyed their aesthetic, they did their job properly. Unfortunately, most of them have been abandoned by their creators and only a few are being kept alive by the community. 

FWZIPEP.png

Spoiler

VaGafed.png

bEUpA3K.png

Spoiler

9XCuGHq.png

dSBzaNV.png

4JkDWBs.png

WNKHqCM.png

a2N2EfG.png

sbUG6su.png

6utzgDt.png

More parts may come IF I manage to have the discipline to finish these ones

6ozR6GX.png

wPbXT1z.png     v0.1.0

License: Unlicense

Spoiler

This is free and unencumbered software released into the public domain.

Anyone is free to copy, modify, publish, use, compile, sell, or distribute this software, either in source code form or as a compiled binary, for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and by any means.

In jurisdictions that recognize copyright laws, the author or authors of this software dedicate any and all copyright interest in the software to the public domain. We make this dedication for the benefit of the public at large and to the detriment of our heirs and successors. We intend this dedication to be an overt act of relinquishment in perpetuity of all present and future rights to this software under copyright law.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

For more information, please refer to http://unlicense.org/

Edited by mbartelsm

5 hours ago, Garibaldi2257 said:

The light and dark grey blocks in the middle look a little like brick...  I might tighten up the gaps in between the blocks.  then again, I haven't seen it wrapped around a cylinder, so it might look just fine.  just a small observation.

I think it looks really good , the Energia had it and no one complained , also if I remember correctly Ariane 5 also have this type of insulation on the tank

energia_buran_112_1.jpg

Nice ref, I've been looking for something like it

I did a revamp of the textures. I'm gonna separate the different variants into different files because my computer was lagging like hell with all the different layer effects and I was wasting too much texture space.

boj7p9t.jpg

I love your plan for the 1.875-1.25 2-seater capsule -- that's a niche that HGR and MOLE both miss (and that I would like to have).  Socke's 1.875m parts would have had one (see the bottom of his album: https://imgur.com/a/3SgcX), but he lost those files in a computer crash and sometime later stopped posting.

Edited by Kerbas_ad_astra

1 hour ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

I love your plan for the 1.875-1.25 2-seater capsule -- that's a niche that HGR and MOLE both miss (and that I would like to have).  Socke's 1.875m parts would have had one (see the bottom of his album: https://imgur.com/a/3SgcX), but he lost those files in a computer crash and sometime later stopped posting.

The capsule should be easy, I'm more worried about the IVA, I have no idea how to make one

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2016 at 3:21 AM, mbartelsm said:

The capsule should be easy, I'm more worried about the IVA, I have no idea how to make one

Maybe I can help here: I've recently started to experiment with an IVA for a 1.25m 2 seater pod. Turns out it's impossible to fit 2 seats in a 1.25m pod. Creating 1.8m pod I found pointless as long as there are no tanks, engines etc. for it. Doing them myself, that I don't have time for on top of maintaining the GravityTurn mod.

So: I could contribute an IVA if you like... Probably a very simple basic one. Textures probably won't be that great, but I can see you have the skills for those and you could continue from there.

What tool chain do you use? I use Blender + Unity.

On 12/25/2016 at 9:21 PM, mbartelsm said:

IVAs aren't worth the time investment typically. Most players don't use them or only use them once or twice. I'm still surprised - for how vocal of a minority IVA players are, there seem to be almost none willing to step up and make them. @AndyMt you're one of the good ones. :)

• 4 months later...

Is this mod still in development? The models are great, and the textures looks really stockalike-ish. This mod could be a great addition to any career mode game, even if it consist only on the 4 tanks, and its adapters.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.