Recover All Button?

Add A Multiple Recovery Function  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should A Multiple Recovery Function be added to this Menu Shown Below

• Yes, we have been needing this!
    • Not Necessary

Often I find a need for recovering all Craft and Debris and it's very time consuming to do so one item at a time and or Delete. I would like to Suggest adding a Button to Recover or Delete Multiple Items, even if there would be a way to select random items to be deleted would be a great tool. This is just a graphic to show which menu I am explaining to add the function.

gkBsYlW.png

Edited by Castille7

I do see the possible use for a button like this but I also see a few problems.
First and foremost; idiots. (Sorry, there is no other word for it, they're just idiots.) Even with triple confirmation people will manage to cock up and delete craft they did not want to delete simply because they don't think and/or read.
And for recovering all but a few this feature will be pretty much useless. You'll still need to select and delete/recover each of them manually.

A slightly better option would be the option to mark or select multiple craft and THEN batch recover/delete them.

53 minutes ago, Tex_NL said:

I do see the possible use for a button like this but I also see a few problems.
First and foremost; idiots. (Sorry, there is no other word for it, they're just idiots.) Even with triple confirmation people will manage to cock up and delete craft they did not want to delete simply because they don't think and/or read.
And for recovering all but a few this feature will be pretty much useless. You'll still need to select and delete/recover each of them manually.

A slightly better option would be the option to mark or select multiple craft and THEN batch recover/delete them.

Yes, people are idiots, but I don't think a useful idea should be ruled out just because of that.  If someone does something stupid, let them deal with the consequences and learn from it(especially in a case like this where it doesn't actually hurt anyone).  Having an option to at least recover/destroy all items marked as "debris" at once would definitely be nice.  The "batch recover/delete" would also be a good option.

1 hour ago, Tex_NL said:

I would be in favour of this implementation.

Not everything that the game believes is 'debris' is always debris by my definition, so for a batch delete to be usable for me, it would need to allow me to specify the selection.

Edited by swjr-swis
clarification

On 24/12/2016 at 4:33 PM, Tex_NL said:

This. Sorry to quote you again, but this creates visibility, maybe the devs see it.

3 hours ago, sebi.zzr said:

I don't know if you all playing without mods,but in the meantime check these two little ones RecoverAll/DestroyAll.

Yes at the moment I am running modless but in the future I plan to join the mod club, there are a lot of nice mods out there for KSP and I am very grateful for them and their work. Thank you for sharing this information for those who would like to use this option.

So a rocket splashed down, the main tank broke and 20 parachutes are floating in the ocean.

I press recover all.

I recover all 20 parachutes.

And two flags at the ends of the runway.

And a rover on the polar cap.

And that planetary sciences setup of 5 science parts I had deployed right outside R&D, which was to run its experiments for another 4 months.

And the refueling rover I kept next to the runway.

Nope. I'd like a multi-select on the craft list on the left. Ctrl-click multiple objects, or click first, shift-click last to mark many, then recover or terminate them all at once. Since a lot of debris tend to get grouped, this would be what you require 99% of the time

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.