Minmus Launch Base

RedDwarfIV

em5WJ7N.png

Using Extraplanetary Launchpads and a few other mods, I built this. Workshop, smelter, reactor, rocketparts silo, metalore mining unit and one launchpad were sent from Kerbin, but the rest of the base was built by the base. I've been using it to launch Duna and Eve missions, and when Minmus gets into position I'll be using it for an asteroid capture mission too. Aside from specialty equipment like reactors, electric engines and spacecraft that are required by contract to have been built at the KSC, I am now building pretty much everything here. Those Duna and Eve missions (which will both be setting up ore mining facilities and fuel converters at their destinations) barely put a dent in my 8,000,000 Vessel Funds.

This being my first Extraplanetary Launchpads base to actually work, I'm really pleased with it.

Well done! 

I was going to move this to the "What I did in KSP today" thread, but I noticed that some others have already posted there after your post, and I didn't want it to get lost. So I moved it to Mission Reports, instead.

4 hours ago, Deddly said:

Well done! 

I was going to move this to the "What I did in KSP today" thread, but I noticed that some others have already posted there after your post, and I didn't want it to get lost. So I moved it to Mission Reports, instead.

Thanks! I wasn't sure where it was supposed to go. I haven't been on the forum in a while and was logged out, so I may not have seen the right sub-forum.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.