[SOLVED] All models are the same

Hello, I'm having a problem where all the models for my parts are the same

2NFK5ci.png?1

I hashed the .mu files and the 4 of them are different from one another, so I don't know what the problem is. I have all CFGs and MUs in the same folder because they share texture files, but the models the configs point to are different. I already tried changing each file's name but that didn't work. I tried deleting one of the models but the game just picks the next model alphabetically for all the parts.

Edited by mbartelsm

MODEL
{
	model = ModName/Parts/PartFolder/NameOfMUfile
}

Example:

MODEL
{
	model = Liquidhype/Parts/titanIV/hercBooster/herculesSRMU
}

This is all you need. The .mu file knows which textures it needs. If you want you pull a texture from another folder you can use MODEL{} then the path to where the texture is located.

Edited by liquidhype

22 minutes ago, liquidhype said:

To be honest with you, I have no clue why using mesh = name.mu does not work when having multiple .mu files in one folder. I'm sure someone who knows why will see this thread and answer it for both of us.

it is my understanding that using mesh simply takes the first .mu it encounters in the directory regardless of the name you enter in the cfg.

Edited by Randazzo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.