[1.10.x] Stockalike Mk1 Open cockpit ( 7 nov 2020 update - NEW PARTS )

NESD

4 hours ago, Enzo Aguiar said:

would it be possible to change the space helmets from the kerbals to leather helmets to match the mod's visual?

You should probably install KIS and look through this thread :)

0aAxFVB.png

@CobaltWolf  Only with the patented "Rust & Dust" technology from Duct Tape Engineering,

new parts can look like junk even just from the store  :D

@linuxgurugamer  Thanks again for CKAN support .

I make a collision volume much bigger than windshield mesh for better protection but can't see visible effect

so if you launch SSTO vessel try at climb constantly hold nose attitude few degrees up to protect from overheating

but it not protect from aero forces, kerbals have absolutely insane drag, much greater than all other aircraft parts

Q1uLM4b.png

and it fully ignores aero shadow from other parts, so I can't do anything within part configs until SQUAD people add something like

aeroforcemultiplier = 1.0 and aeroheatmultiplier = 1.0 into seat module settings, but I think they don't do it for single mod support :(

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, BeardPilot said:

This mod could make my day! however.....

I've installed the mod using Ckan, adding take control manually, but can't assign any crew members? Is "take control" visible in UI?

I've just started using this mod.  I quickly threw together an aircraft using the Mk1 Open Cockpit and I could assign a pilot and it launched okay.

The mod you need to make a MOD KerbalSeat part like the External Command Seat or the Mk1 Open Cockpit work as a full featured command pod is Take Command Continued.  Make sure you have that mod installed as well as this one.  If it still doesn't work, look at the red-lettered message link in my signature for troubleshooting advice and how to provide KSP logs to get help.

Edited by Jacke

• 5 weeks later...

I have a rather peculiar bug to report...

If I build anything with this cockpit (root part or not), I am unable to gather any science from experiments on the craft - animations play, but the results dialogue does not appear and the following exception is logged:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ExperimentResultDialogPage..ctor (.Part host, .ScienceData experimentData, Single xmitBase, Single xmitBonus, Boolean showTransmitWarning, System.String transmitWarningMessage, Boolean showResetOption, .ScienceLabSearch labSearch, .Callback`1 onDiscardData, .Callback`1 onKeepData, .Callback`1 onTransmitData, .Callback`1 onSendToLab) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleScienceExperiment.reviewData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleScienceExperiment+   .MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Any idea what's going on here? The stock command chair works as expected, and replacing the cockpit with anything else (stock or otherwise) resolves the issue, but this thing is so cute that I'm a bit gutted I can't use on my early career planes :(

Mod list (CKAN): Spoilers are bung.

Edited by steve_v

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think I also have a bug to report. 

I did a fresh install with a ton of fresh, 1.3.1 mods. When done, my first test plane (with an open cockpit) ran into a problem: I couldn't revert flight, because clicking the button would pause the game instead of reverting. The green and blue 'recover' and 'return to KSC' were also dead. 

After much 'remove this, remove that', I zeroed in the problem: it is indeed the open cockpit. Craft that contain it will bug the interface somehow. 

Perhaps even weirder: i started a new game. Built a simple probe, then reverted the flight to the VAB. Great, no issues! Then I built a plane in the SPH with an open cockpit. This time the revert flight would work.... but would revert me not to the beginning of the current flight, but to the revert point of my previous flight, the aforementioned probe.

Psychedelic, right? 

It should be noted that in this new mod build of mine I experienced a lot of issues. Found out that it was the new module manager version (3.0.x), and after seeing a lot of complaints, I downgraded back to MM 2.8.1 and that fixed everything. But had no effect on the open cockpit. 

Also: I use open cockpit since it appeared for the very first time and never experienced anything like this. Reading the forums (and specially old threads), it became clear that these 'button not working' issues are usually traced back to some single modded part that is creating some conflict somewhere.

---- UPDATED ----

version 1.1 for KSP 1.3.1     It's only service release to fix some bugs

Added localization support and AVC checker. Fixed some module settings

Changed texture type to DDS inside MU file

I plan release it with some new parts but work slightly stuck :(   because I spent more time to Streamline mod

Hope this update can fix all problems that people reported me

I've been trying to use this mod with BD armory, and I noticed some intermittent problems that do not occur when I am flying just one plane with this mod.

The first plane loads normally, but the second and subsequent planes spawn (using Vessel Mover) with no crew. I tried just going back to KSC, then into the SPH, then launch a new plane. Sometimes it works, but on subsequent launches, some or all of the planes I had already launched and moved off the runway were missing. When I go to the KSC, some of the planes will not show a standard icon, but one for debris.

I'm not sure how to chase down the gremlins for this problem, so I'm hoping someone smarter will have an idea that helps. Otherwise, perhaps they could suggest a mod that includes cockpits about the same length and weight as this one? I'd rather use these, as they are perfect for WW1 planes, and (aesthetically, at least), preferable to the ones that come with Firespitter.

On 30/12/2017 at 2:37 AM, selfish_meme said:

Hi @NESD I was playing with Textures Unlimited and building a prop for a movie, I made this config for Open Cockpit, you can do with it what you wish

Download

See what it does in this gif (link in case the gif does not embed https://gfycat.com/DeterminedSociableAppaloosa)

The main landing gear is inverted! 

Other than that ... what a wonderful silver look it has to it!

2 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

Yeah not sure what was going on with the landing gear, whatever way I rotated it, always ended up this way

You don't need to rotate it, just place it on the other side.

If you were placing it on the left, place it on the right with the same rotation, should work fine.

Edit: you may need to rotate it to place it on the other side, but it should work anyway.

Edited by tetryds

59 minutes ago, tetryds said:

You don't need to rotate it, just place it on the other side.

If you were placing it on the left, place it on the right with the same rotation, should work fine.

Edit: you may need to rotate it to place it on the other side, but it should work anyway.

Ah, see 2500hrs in and you learn something new

On 10/5/2017 at 1:08 AM, steve_v said:

I have a rather peculiar bug to report...

If I build anything with this cockpit (root part or not), I am unable to gather any science from experiments on the craft - animations play, but the results dialogue does not appear and the following exception is logged:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ExperimentResultDialogPage..ctor (.Part host, .ScienceData experimentData, Single xmitBase, Single xmitBonus, Boolean showTransmitWarning, System.String transmitWarningMessage, Boolean showResetOption, .ScienceLabSearch labSearch, .Callback`1 onDiscardData, .Callback`1 onKeepData, .Callback`1 onTransmitData, .Callback`1 onSendToLab) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleScienceExperiment.reviewData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleScienceExperiment+   .MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Any idea what's going on here? The stock command chair works as expected, and replacing the cockpit with anything else (stock or otherwise) resolves the issue, but this thing is so cute that I'm a bit gutted I can't use on my early career planes :(

Mod list (CKAN): Spoilers are bung.

@NESD

I'm having the exact same problem.  Version 1.1, on 1.3.1 with lots of mods but it's definitively the Barnstormer cockpit causing it.  Craft is rooted to the OC1, launched, right-click on any science experiment, click to run the experiment, the button to run the experiment vanishes, no results dialogue appears.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x21hgks60i3mer/output_log.txt?dl=0

Paused immediately after the NRE, so the one in question is the very last lines.  Some slight differences in syntax in the NRE from the one above.

EDIT: more testing reveals some combination problem with TakeCommandContinued (1.4.11).  100% stock install plus OpenCockpit, no problems.  Add TakeCommand, add a command pod, launch with crew in the pod and transfer to the OC-1, no problems.  Launch with crew in the cockpit, the above science bug appears.

Edited by fourfa

Well, here's a cheesy workaround that let me continue with my career.  Surface attach a command chair, gizmo it down into the cockpit, and make sure you never assign crew to the OC-1.  If you line up the throttle levers it doesn't even look dumb

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2018 at 2:24 AM, fourfa said:

@NESD

I'm having the exact same problem.  Version 1.1, on 1.3.1 with lots of mods but it's definitively the Barnstormer cockpit causing it.  Craft is rooted to the OC1, launched, right-click on any science experiment, click to run the experiment, the button to run the experiment vanishes, no results dialogue appears.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x21hgks60i3mer/output_log.txt?dl=0

Paused immediately after the NRE, so the one in question is the very last lines.  Some slight differences in syntax in the NRE from the one above.

EDIT: more testing reveals some combination problem with TakeCommandContinued (1.4.11).  100% stock install plus OpenCockpit, no problems.  Add TakeCommand, add a command pod, launch with crew in the pod and transfer to the OC-1, no problems.  Launch with crew in the cockpit, the above science bug appears.

Does this happen if TakeCommand isn't installed?

Oh, so this only happens if you launch with Takecommand.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Does this happen if TakeCommand isn't installed?

No - 100% stock install plus OpenCockpit, launch the kerbal into another pod and move to the OC-1 (ie the only possible method without TC), and science experiments seem to work as normal

11 minutes ago, fourfa said:

No - 100% stock install plus OpenCockpit, launch the kerbal into another pod and move to the OC-1 (ie the only possible method without TC), and science experiments seem to work as normal

Could you try it and make sure that the regular pod is not part of the same craft?  ie:  put a seperator on it and seperate the two

Oh, never mind, I found the problem.

It's a config issue in the open cockpit, it's missing a line:

vesselType = Rover

I'll add a simple patch to TakeCommand to add it if it is missing.

@NSEP could you add that line to the config of the part, please?