[1.10.x] Stockalike Mk1 Open cockpit ( 7 nov 2020 update - NEW PARTS )

NESD

24 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

Mmm... open cockpit is not "dialogueing" well with "take command"... my kerbals always spawn unboarded, with the craft shaking like hell... in one time this even caused the kerbal to EXPLODE on launch (no less!).

It was fixed, as far as I know. Check the TC thread:

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2018 at 11:23 PM, Lisias said:

It was fixed, as far as I know. Check the TC thread:

@NESD maybe you will find this intereating: I reported this "bouncing on mission start" issue a few weeks back.

Well,  it turns out it only happens with the new alternative kerbonaut uniform. You know,  when you click the wire hanger and it changes to this dashing red and blue top-gun type of uniform. If you revert to the old orange/white one, it doesnt happen!

Not a complaint,  just an interesting issue I felt it was worth reporting.

Edited by Daniel Prates

@Daniel Prates Take command work only with parts that listed in it's config and any new parts need to be manually added by @linuxgurugamer

(I don't know why he not used simple search by seat module in part, maybe it cause some glitches with other mods)

Yes I confirm this bug,  kerbals in new suit spawned in right position but not loaded to seat and appear as separate unit, so they intersect with seat geometry and push it away

Wing on screenshot is another my part (wing with two independent flaps and solid root part for wheel attach + tiptank and two droptanks LF and OX)

Dzichqa.jpg

I make it many months ago but still waiting more parts  to pack it to complete mod, if you interested I can drop it to google drive or somewhere else

@Violet_Wyvern  Simple "target search" animation already in work list. I don't have BDA installed and don't know all needed parts and configs, but later anything possible

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2018 at 2:02 PM, NESD said:

@Daniel PratesWing on screenshot is another my part (wing with two independent flaps and solid root part for wheel attach + tiptank and two droptanks LF and OX)

Dzichqa.jpg

I make it many months ago but still waiting more parts  to pack it to complete mod, if you interested I can drop it to google drive or somewhere else

OMG P-80 PARTS PLEAZE

Edited by theonegalen

• 2 weeks later...

@theonegalen  This wing from other side of 38th parallel  :D

lTExApR.jpg

It's my longest built mod, only wing and intake ready, other parts stopped for long time.

I many times try to do something but always have other mods in work.

Now I work with Streamline and almost complete all what I plan for release in this time

also I work with parts for Soviet/Russian space program, additional to stock MH DLC parts

ApWBHYW.png

ydXYdmp.png

@linuxgurugamer  Thanks for your work and all your mods

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/22/2018 at 5:27 AM, ndiver said:

I'm surprised to not have seen more screenshots of "pulp" or "golden age" style spacecrafts using this mod :D

Meaning spacecrafts with open cockpit, with space adventurers going to fight krakens to rescue a space princess.

I don't post many shots, but I'll find one of my craft that uses this + Streamline to create some fun little rocket sleds. :)

Oh -- and there's a wildly easy method to enable the crew-on-launch feature of the cockpit to match the stock external seat.

Just add "CrewCapacity=1" to the PART part of the config file.

@NESD We're all so very excited for this new stuff! :D

@ndiver This one for you

04BGJla.jpg

And you can more frequent look at Linuxgurugamer profile image :).

And . . . .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE

version 1.2.1  KSP 1.5.X

---------   changelog   ---------

Added compatibility with stock pilot loader, Take Control not required anymore  (I hope life of LGG can be a little bit easier)

Ms7yuqa.jpg

Added simple "Target search" animation ( based on stock modules, so it called "resource converter" in part list :D )

M0eC2EO.jpg

Added support patch for KIS mod that add tiny 100L containers inside Pilot and Gunner seats

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately pilot can't move together with animated seat so GS animation looks slightly strange

Also good news, Kerbals now have reduced drag in seat, so SSTOs with this seat now possible

and bad one, Kerbal sitting in reversed position stay unchanged

QnayIvP.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

I am still using 1.4.5 due to mods that have not updated....  but I am wondering if this is still compatible with 1.4.5.  Do the new animations and pilot loading break anything?

The pilot loading shouldn't break anything, it just won't work because it's not in 1.4.5; it's a single line of code. Don't know about the animations, I doubt they'd break anything either. Of course you can avoid any such worries by simply installing the proper version for 1.4.5; CurseForge and Spacedock both offer changelogs which allow you to download earlier iterations of the part.

• 7 months later...

This mod works on the latest versions.  Could you update the version files for CKAN and SpaceDock?

As of suggestions:
I'd also like to see this expanded with an open MK2 cockpit in both a two seat side by side, and one seat integrated into an Mk2 to Mk1 adapter.

Finally, one for the Airplane Plus Mk3-1 and the stock 0.65m size would be nice as well.

• 4 months later...

I will test if it works on 1.8 today.

The only (minor) issue on 1.7.x  was that the new ejection function would no longer work if the large windshield was moved too close to the seat. (Collider issues). 

Additionally if you forget to put on your helmet, you are in for a surprise if you go too high altitude.

UPDATE!:  It WORKS with 1.8.x!  No kerbal exploding issues encountered, no issues with kerbals leaving seats.   Please note my notes about the windshields on both of these.    It seems the newer KSP versions work even better.  Earlier versions had issues with kerbals leaving the seat (or even being ejected out on launch).  It seems the physics easing has been improved.

Please note, that until the appropriate mods are updated, the guns won't work, in KSP 1.8, but hey, you win some you lose some.

Edited by Ruedii
Update: Works with KSP 1.8