[1.x.x] Kerbal Hacks: Droptank "Wrapper"

Enceos

Seems the only decoupler there is the launch clamp, but since it's a config file, I can easily rig it up to work with the drop tanks. I wonder if I can also disable the stubs that are from the radial decouplers in the editor... If not, I'll just put a structural fuselage there.

@Enceos

The tanks seem to be broken in mirror symmetry. Pics below . FYI I am running a heavy mod setup, but i do not believe that is a contributing factor as I have had 0 issues with other parts.

Spoiler

Kt2uVbN.jpgrCWX06E.jpg

Not signed in

Not signed in

The first sleeve is surface attached the rest are attached via the stack nodes. The wristband tank breaks the worst as it doesn't even show up seen in the first pic best. I believe @SuicidalInsanity had similar issues when making the chines for his mod. Hope this can be resolved. Thanks!

Edited by Svm420

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone know why this mod is packed-in with IFS and the IFS version coming with what looks like a RealFuels or MFT set of configs? (None of the fuel switch settings have LF/O.) I was wondering why this was in my 1.2x install suddenly when I knew I never grabbed it for 1.2. (I had it for my 1.0.5 install, which is why I recognized it.)

BTW, @Enceos what would I need to do/set in the configs to make a set of MM configs that create copies of the tanks in different sizes?

I don't use TweakScale and prefer to not have it installed. (I don't like rescaling parts dynamically and I didn't have good experiences with it. KSP handles in-game scaling unreliably, IMHO. I only tolerated TweakScale for Infernal Robotics' Model Rework packs.)

I'm thinking of making an MM config that check to see if TweakScale is installed and if not, it spits out a small collection of parts instead of relying on TweakScale support. If TweakScale is installed, it just uses the default settings you already have.

I'm KINDA familiar with MM syntax (beginner and rusty now), but I need to know what I would have to look for and set to get the right sizes without liquiding off KSP. (I.e. Scale vs rescale number, etc.)

@StahnAileron TweakScale is very reliable, because it scales parts the stock way. But it's your choice, you can duplicate a part via

+PART[PartName]

{

@name = NewPartName

}

And change all the attributes as you usually do in MM configs.

rescaleFactor is probably the number you need, it scales the whole part. If it doesn't work then you'll have to start playing with the "scale =" line under the MODEL node. Current rescaleFactor = 1 makes it a 1.25m part, rescaleFactor = 2 should make a 2.5m part.

Edited by Enceos

On 3/12/2017 at 11:02 PM, StahnAileron said:

Anyone know why this mod is packed-in with IFS and the IFS version coming with what looks like a RealFuels or MFT set of configs? (None of the fuel switch settings have LF/O.) I was wondering why this was in my 1.2x install suddenly when I knew I never grabbed it for 1.2. (I had it for my 1.0.5 install, which is why I recognized it.)

BTW, @Enceos what would I need to do/set in the configs to make a set of MM configs that create copies of the tanks in different sizes?

I don't use TweakScale and prefer to not have it installed. (I don't like rescaling parts dynamically and I didn't have good experiences with it. KSP handles in-game scaling unreliably, IMHO. I only tolerated TweakScale for Infernal Robotics' Model Rework packs.)

I'm thinking of making an MM config that check to see if TweakScale is installed and if not, it spits out a small collection of parts instead of relying on TweakScale support. If TweakScale is installed, it just uses the default settings you already have.

I'm KINDA familiar with MM syntax (beginner and rusty now), but I need to know what I would have to look for and set to get the right sizes without liquiding off KSP. (I.e. Scale vs rescale number, etc.)

Thanks! I would like to use your bigger versions of parts a well!

Thanks for putting in the work!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thank you, I so like this mod installed and I am planning my next series of launches to Mun. I under stand your busy but I would love a Bracelet sized service bay or integration with Universal Storage could be awesome.

Thanks again. 

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I hope I'm posting in the correct thread, but I wasn't able to find the answer elsewhere on the internet. 

I'm encountering an issue with the wrapper droptanks experiencing LqdHydrogen boiloff, even though I'm fairly certain they have access to sufficient electric power (onboard reactor). I believe these were included in the KSP-I Extended mod, which I'm using in KSP version 1.2.2. 

Other mods I'm using are simply KerbalEngineerRedux, Kerbal Alarm Clock,  and Docking Alignment Indicator.

If there's a small setting that I've missed somewhere when building or operating the spacecraft, that would be a fantastic and easy fix. However, I can post craft files and screenshots if deeper troubleshooting is needed. I was hoping to be able to avoid having to write code to eliminate ALL fuel boiloff (as indicated in the above posts).

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

--miamijuggler

On 26/08/2017 at 7:27 AM, miamijuggler said:

Hello,

I hope I'm posting in the correct thread, but I wasn't able to find the answer elsewhere on the internet. 

I'm encountering an issue with the wrapper droptanks experiencing LqdHydrogen boiloff, even though I'm fairly certain they have access to sufficient electric power (onboard reactor). I believe these were included in the KSP-I Extended mod, which I'm using in KSP version 1.2.2. 

Other mods I'm using are simply KerbalEngineerRedux, Kerbal Alarm Clock,  and Docking Alignment Indicator.

If there's a small setting that I've missed somewhere when building or operating the spacecraft, that would be a fantastic and easy fix. However, I can post craft files and screenshots if deeper troubleshooting is needed. I was hoping to be able to avoid having to write code to eliminate ALL fuel boiloff (as indicated in the above posts).

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

--miamijuggler

Hello @miamijuggler :)

I have confirmed that the wrapper droptanks with LqdHydrogen belong to this mod:

Because the tanks from the current page only have Liquid Fuel and Oxidizer.
Hope that helps :wink:

Cheers

• 6 months later...

Hi 

I made a module manager config for fuelswitch :-)

@PART[WrapperTankWristband]
{

MODULE {
        name = InterstellarFuelSwitch

resourceNames = Structural;LiquidFuel;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;MonoPropellant;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer,MonoPropellant;XenonGas;XenonGas,MonoPropellant
        resourceAmounts = 0;260;135,165;100;90,110,100;5500;2800,80
        basePartMass = 0.1
        tankCost = 0;100;100;400;500;1000;1600
        displayCurrentTankCost = true
        hasGUI = True
       hasSwitchChooseOption = True
        tankMass = 0;0.075;0.075;0.075;0.085;0.12;0.22
    }

}

@PART[WrapperTank]
{

MODULE {

resourceNames = Structural;LiquidFuel;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;MonoPropellant;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer,MonoPropellant;XenonGas;XenonGas,MonoPropellant
        resourceAmounts = 0;430;270,330;200;180,220,100;7500;5000,100
        basePartMass = 0.1
        tankCost = 0;100;100;700;600;1500;2600
        hasGUI = True
        tankMass = 0;0.15;0.15;0.15;0.17;0.285;0.12
    }

}

@PART[WrapperTankLong]
{

MODULE {

resourceAmounts = 0;710;540,660;400;360,440,200;1100;9000,250
        basePartMass = 0.1
        tankCost = 0;100;100;700;600;2500;5000
        hasGUI = True
        tankMass = 0;0.25;0.25;0.25;0.29;0.385;0.22
    }

}

@PART[WrapperCap]
{

MODULE {

resourceAmounts = 0;65;45,55;40;45,55,30;1800;1500,20
        basePartMass = 0.1
        tankCost = 0;100;100;400;500;1000;1600
        hasGUI = True
        tankMass = 0;0.075;0.075;0.075;0.085;0.12;0.22
    }

}

• 1 year later...
On 3/31/2017 at 11:13 AM, Enceos said:

I tried tinkering with the part while I had time, but couldn't fix this mirroring issue. I'll devote time to fixing this when I can.

Sorry to necro, but did you ever fix the broken mirror symmetry. Its funny I just started to use these parts again, and ran into the same issue only to find I forgot I already posted about it :lol:

• 2 months later...
On 6/18/2019 at 12:59 AM, Svm420 said:

Sorry to necro, but did you ever fix the broken mirror symmetry. Its funny I just started to use these parts again, and ran into the same issue only to find I forgot I already posted about it :lol:

Hello,

Did this get fixed or is it still a problem?

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.