[Game] The Bromeliad Incident

NovaSilisko

Hi! I've been making a small game recently (you may have spotted it already, if you follow me on twitter or youtube), and have finally gotten it finished and released (and by that I mean "made 90% of in august then lost motivation and finally got back and finished it in the last two weeks ish"). It's free! You, too, can get blown up by meteors and experience frustration, which seems like the sort of things KSP forumgoers would be into.

So...

u2KQivO.gif

A pineapple sits on a dusty altar in the middle of a room you didn't even know this building had.

Something about this feels fundamentally wrong. It... just shouldn't exist.

But you feel something beckoning. You're drawn closer, and, unable to stop yourself, you reach out to touch it -

The Bromeliad Incident is the story of the end of the world. Fire rains from the sky, the Earth shakes below you, thunder rolls, and the sun, wretched and bloated and dying, looms large above.

Your only friend is the pineapple, and it will guide you in its own special way, and bring a pleasant fruity scent to the otherwise acrid and choked atmosphere. With its help, you will either escape, or die trying.

Watch the skies.

View & Download on Itch.io

yes sots is still happening sooner or later

Edited by NovaSilisko

Cool. Is this kind of like the Stanley parable, which has multiple endings depending what path you choose? Or does it have one ending and you have to complete puzzles to get there? I will probably download it later this afternoon. 

Edit: Also, why did you choose that name?

Edited by Benji13

1 minute ago, Benji13 said:

Cool. Is this kind of like the Stanley parable, which has multiple endings depending what path you choose? Or does it have one ending and you have to complete puzzles to get there? I will probably download it later this afternoon. 

Nah, not quite that complex. It's more an arcade style progression with options for difficulty at the start. Each session is relatively short and independent from any others, with a new level generated by the game each time.

17 hours ago, Benji13 said:

Edit: Also, why did you choose that name?

Bromeliad

My friends and I have played this game and we have had fun with it. The quirky nature of the pineapple produces a strange dissonance with the distressing and dangerous environment you must navigate. I died the first two times I played, of course. I recommend playing it having read or seen as little as possible about it. When my friends played it they enjoyed it as well. It may not be directly space related but it sure is worth your time. (and money)

Very strange game. I like it. SQUAD should hire you to write the contract generator.

First I tried to map the level. The rocks didn't like that, so the next playthrough I ran away from the rocks. Several hundred meteors later, there was nothing left but the pickups.

Also, I like to think you actually shook a pineapple to get the sounds.

Downloaded and finished it on normal difficulty. Strange, interesting and fun. If I had any money (just spent it all on a second hdd) I would have given you some. It would be good if there were small towers that you could (rarely) come across that would give you a slightly better view. Maybe the height of 3 jumps?

1 hour ago, lajoswinkler said:

I'm not a great fan of pineapples, but hey, this one I don't have to eat so I'll give it a try.

edit: I have no idea what to do.

You walk around, avoid the rocks, pick up green things by walking through them, find a portal, there are a bunch of green/red dots on it, if there are any red dots, DO NOT go through the portal, you win the game when you go through a fully green portal, you make the portal moar green by picking up the green things.

Edited by CAKE99

1 hour ago, CAKE99 said:

You walk around, avoid the rocks, pick up green things by walking through them, find a portal, there are a bunch of green/red dots on it, if there are any red dots, DO NOT go through the portal, you win the game when you go through a fully green portal, you make the portal moar green by picking up the green things.

Ooooooh, now I get it. Thanks.

I found the portal once and was killed by it. And I found the drone, the gun, the fire extinguisher, and the green things.

edit: found the meteor impact detector, too. And finished the game. It's a neat little game. :)

Edited by lajoswinkler

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.