[WIP] Space Opera

TiktaalikDreaming

• 4 weeks later...

Hah, have loved the mod, it's an amazing tip of the hat to science fiction dramas.

My issue is, unfortunately, that it's too early in the CTT for my tastes; I'd be far happier if there were a "science fiction" length for mods like this and the Albecurie.  For a light-hearted playthrough, it definitely fits the bill for a science-fiction theme.

23 minutes ago, Zenithas said:

Hah, have loved the mod, it's an amazing tip of the hat to science fiction dramas.

My issue is, unfortunately, that it's too early in the CTT for my tastes; I'd be far happier if there were a "science fiction" length for mods like this and the Albecurie.  For a light-hearted playthrough, it definitely fits the bill for a science-fiction theme.

I have considered adding it's own nodes on the end Of CTT. They are a tad more extreme than other parts on the same nodes. But I've never messed with tech tree things, even though they're not exactly rocket science. 

Alright; so, I'm seeing in CTT that you'd have to shuffle some of the nodes around a little, or do as the ETT does and switch the 'future tech' stuff to a new branch/direction.  Not sure if the changes would mesh well with CTT as it updates, though.

19 hours ago, Zenithas said:

Alright; so, I'm seeing in CTT that you'd have to shuffle some of the nodes around a little, or do as the ETT does and switch the 'future tech' stuff to a new branch/direction.  Not sure if the changes would mesh well with CTT as it updates, though.

I just realised what could be done, simply.

KSP Interstellar Extended already handles updated tech levels.  If you make a version with KSP-IE as a requirement, and piggyback your mods on their tech tree, you could provide that with minimal effort & update requirement.

14 minutes ago, Zenithas said:

I just realised what could be done, simply.

KSP Interstellar Extended already handles updated tech levels.  If you make a version with KSP-IE as a requirement, and piggyback your mods on their tech tree, you could provide that with minimal effort & update requirement.

Or just add to those nodes of they exist. I always try to minimise required mods in favour of changing things of those mods are there. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2017 at 10:05 AM, doggonemess said:

BWAH HAH HAH - Taurusfecalium. That's awesome. Has anyone else realized that it's basically a combination of the Latin words "bull" and "feces"?

My favorite part of this mod, aside from Trek-style warp drives.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4.5.2017. at 7:05 PM, doggonemess said:

BWAH HAH HAH - Taurusfecalium. That's awesome. Has anyone else realized that it's basically a combination of the Latin words "bull" and "feces"?

Took me a while to get it, but when I did I burst out laughing

1 hour ago, Mike Mars said:

Just came across this mod.

Would like to try it but download attempts from CKAN and Spacedock both fail.

Was a huge fan of Impossible Innovations which had the same goal, fun!!

Hope to try this one soon.

MM

I changed the zip compression with the last update, and have discovered that ckan hates it. Most systems should extract fine ,but clearly not all . The prior version is mostly compatible, and I'm trying to get it re-zipped from work and uploaded.

13 hours ago, TiktaalikDreaming said:

I changed the zip compression with the last update, and have discovered that ckan hates it. Most systems should extract fine ,but clearly not all . The prior version is mostly compatible, and I'm trying to get it re-zipped from work and uploaded.

TiktaalikDreaming,

Thank you for the rapid response. Greatly appreciated.

I built a simple one stage rocket powered by your HWforce - 10.

OMG!!!!

Zero to orbit in like 7 seconds!!!!

I think overpowered is an understatement. You must be British.

I do have one question, and please excuse it if it is a naive one.  Is there a reason why your parts are not scaleable?

It would be great if for instance, the force - 10 could be scaled down to fit a spaceplane, or a small two kerbol lander.

I look forward to trying out the rest of the mod parts today.

Thank you for this great mod.  It will be lots of fun to play with.

MM

16 hours ago, Mike Mars said:

TiktaalikDreaming,

Thank you for the rapid response. Greatly appreciated.

I built a simple one stage rocket powered by your HWforce - 10.

OMG!!!!

Zero to orbit in like 7 seconds!!!!

I think overpowered is an understatement. You must be British.

I do have one question, and please excuse it if it is a naive one.  Is there a reason why your parts are not scaleable?

It would be great if for instance, the force - 10 could be scaled down to fit a spaceplane, or a small two kerbol lander.

I look forward to trying out the rest of the mod parts today.

Thank you for this great mod.  It will be lots of fun to play with.

MM

The idea behind not scaling was that it helped (the vague ghost of) balance. The cost of using the parts, is building big. That said, I am intending to make some smaller engines between the smallest planetary and the rcs sizes. And at least one small taurusfecalium tank has actually gone missing at some stage. Specifically for "small shuttle craft".

• 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, Angstinator said:

I gotta say I would like some space fighter-size components so I can build me an X-Wing or maybe just a Viper.

An absurdly overpowered heatsink should probably also be included for sustainable hypersonic flight, though.

I was looking at heat sinks recently as I've noticed the heat calculations that happen at high time warp make the resource converters explode. Even if at low time warps they're losing temperature.

Some sort of wankey fusion air breathing engine would be a good idea. Maybe dual mode. Because the ISP isn't good enough on those rockets yet. :)

what I think would be super cool is tweak scale support so you can miniaturize your warp drive so it doesn't disrupt the design of ships(also have it keep all the power) because I built a ship similar to the l.s.s reskava as seen in star trek online and I want to put a warp drive in it also it would make interplanetary ships easier to build because you could make the engines smaller so you could have powerful engines for their size thus shorter burns I mostly want tweak scale support so I can put handwavium planetary engines on smaller ships because one that I absolutely love to fly has engines that put out about 320kn each and it has 3 of them but if I shrunk the bigger handwavium engines and put them on my ship it would go so much faster(provided they aren't weaker than the original engines when I put them on after shrinking)

Edited by mindseyemodels

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.