[1.2.X] [Kopernicus] Total Rebuild

The White Guardian

Time to introduce announce a new Kopernicus mod, one that changes everything: Total Rebuild! This is where we'll post updates on development as well as screenshots, ideas, that sort of thing. Expect a true page makeover for release.

Current completion: 90%

So what is 'Total Rebuild' exactly?

True to it's name, it destroyes every stock KSP body save for Kerbin and the Sun, before adding a completely new planetary system, counting more bodies than the stock system, with currently 23 planets & moons on the planner versus stock KSP's 16 planets & moons, with possible planetary expansions in the future.

What can I expect from it?

Expect to find a new solar system to explore, with vast, diverse and unique worlds. It'll come with custom Scatterer and EVE configurations, as well as new, HD surface textures and nice ScaledVersion resolutions. Ergo: quality overload. Too demanding for your computer? Don't worry, we got you covered! The default package should be more than enough for your computer to handle, if it can take stock KSP it can take this mod as well. If your PC can already run KSP at max res plus stuff like EVE and Scatterer, then go ahead and install the quality upgrades provided with the mod! You can never have too much eyecandy.

Any sweet pictures to show, TWG?

Feast your eyes, Kerbals! Here's what we have so far!

TvBjgSI.pnggTnY18g.png

0gBcwXo.png

With the new EVE clouds:

F2EYz1Z.pngkSbPUux.png

DAs5yec.png

So who's in charge of this?

Total Rebuild is being created by @The White Guardian and co-written by @Agent-Daniel_46 (winner of KCM3)

What can I do?

Any feedback (and ideas) is much, much appreciated! :D

Download link

cn5awqJ.png

Edited by The White Guardian
Beta release!

19 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

LOVE mods like this... this one is more attractive then some of the others for the simple fact that it doesn't change the sun or Kerbin.... can't wait for this one.

Uuh... yeah...

*cough cough it changes Kerbin and the Sun drastically cough cough*

I'll make that optional though if you'd like. Like, just delete a specific config and Kerbin and the Sun are back to normal.

55 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

That would be cool! :)

Currently everything but Kerbin and the Sun is deleted, but both bodies are renamed and Kerbin is changed fully. The planet in the images I posted? Meet Kallahan, Total Rebuild's version of Kerbin. I'll compile Kallahan and Evera (the Sun) into a single config and point out which one upon release, simply deleting it should do the trick. Keep in mind that Kerbin's system (or in this case, Kallahan's system) is altered as well, instead of Mun and Minmus you'll find the moons Varcus, Nia and Kris in place. Do you also want Kerbin's system to remain the same?

Edited by The White Guardian

14 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

No no, it's all good, I'm just a newb, and I like Kerbin's size, atmosphere, KSC location and gravity to stay the same. EVERYTHING else can go and I'd still be super happy :)

I see. Kerbin is changed quite a lot:

Radius -> 650km instead of 600km

Gravity -> 1.1G instead of 1G

Pressure -> 1.13 atm instead of 1atm

Atmosphere limit -> 75km instead of 70km

This is a bit harder, so it may indeed be better to start with the stock Kerbin.

13 minutes ago, Galacticvoyager said:

Statistics and descriptions on the Rebuilt Kerbin system? (Moons included), maybe share the ideas for the new planets and moons aswell... Please :)

Not everything has been thought up. The system layout has been established but not every world has been given a detailed idea yet. Once that's finished I'll see if I spoil everything in advance.

@The White Guardian Seeing as so many worlds have been declared already, does that means there's a very rough concept for them all, or just a few and the rest are just: "I want this kind of planet, with this many moons in these orbits. I'll figure the moons themselves later."

1 hour ago, The White Guardian said:

I see. Kerbin is changed quite a lot:

Radius -> 650km instead of 600km

Gravity -> 1.1G instead of 1G

Pressure -> 1.13 atm instead of 1atm

Atmosphere limit -> 75km instead of 70km

:rep: Niiiice. Kallahan ftw.

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

Seeing as so many worlds have been declared already, does that means there's a very rough concept for them all, or just a few and the rest are just: "I want this kind of planet, with this many moons in these orbits. I'll figure the moons themselves later."

Mostly only the number of planets and moons per planet as well as their names have been thought up. There are some exceptions in the form of already finished concepts. Take the binary system Syppo-Naal for example, Syppo being a ringed waterworld with huge caps of ice and it's companion Naal being a cracked iceworld.

2 minutes ago, SAS123 said:

Ah DAMN!!! Someone Bet me to it! oh well, no point making a stock planet replacement now.

@Galileo and @KillAshley have both made stock planet replacing packs, twice in KillAshley's case with New Horizons and Uncharted Lands, and yet here I am adding my own pack to the list. If you want to make a stock planet replacing pack, then please go right ahead! Everyone has a different taste, there are people that will prefer GPP, people that will prefer UL, people that will prefer TR and people that will prefer NH, but I'm certain that, given enough effort, whatever you think up can manage to capture the hearts of some KSP users.

So please, don't let the fact that this has been done before stop you! :D

Ok can i recommend stuff yes? ok here it goes:

I find that alot of mods that change the colour and size of kerbol always convert it to a K-Class star. While it is my favourite type of star why not do something like an F-Class, A-Class, B-Class or O-Class. I mean i would love to fly around a kerbol system with a deep light blue star shining in the sky.

If you need any ideas i can provide them. Since there are literally two pictures of a mysterious planet that seems to be sublimating, i can't tell anything else. If you haven't started much i am free to help. Trust me i don't have much to do over the last days of 2016.

EDIT: Oh yes how about the primary planet where ksc is on and have it either in a binary orbit or normal orbit around a similarly massed object with landmasses and water but thicker atmosphere.

Edited by SAS123

4 minutes ago, SAS123 said:

Ok can i recommend stuff yes? ok here it goes:

I find that alot of mods that change the colour and size of kerbol always convert it to a K-Class star. While it is my favourite type of star why not do something like an F-Class, A-Class, B-Class or O-Class. I mean i would love to fly around a kerbol system with a deep light blue star shining in the sky.

If you need any ideas i can provide them. Since there are literally two pictures of a mysterious planet that seems to be sublimating, i can't tell anything else. If you haven't started much i am free to help. Trust me i don't have much to do over the last days of 2016.

EDIT: Oh yes how about the primary planet where ksc is on and have it either in a binary orbit or normal orbit around a similarly massed object with landmasses and water but thicker atmosphere.

That's bloody brilliant! At first the plan was indeed to make the star more orange, but blue is rarer now that you mention it. That does mean that I'll have to make it a lot hotter somehow and I have no idea how to do that to be honest. (Hoping @Sigma88 can save the day here)

In fact, why not just make this pack in such a way that the star type is configurable? I could pull that off! :D

As for the primary planet being in a binary orbit, stuff is likely to glitch if 'reference body starting planet = center of universe' doesn't apply, therefore I rarely place the starting planet in an orbit around anything else than the 'center'. A habitable moon would be a really, really cool idea though! I'm actually gonna do that! :D

7 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

@Galileo and @KillAshley have both made stock planet replacing packs, twice in KillAshley's case with New Horizons and Uncharted Lands, and yet here I am adding my own pack to the list. If you want to make a stock planet replacing pack, then please go right ahead! Everyone has a different taste, there are people that will prefer GPP, people that will prefer UL, people that will prefer TR and people that will prefer NH, but I'm certain that, given enough effort, whatever you think up can manage to capture the hearts of some KSP users.

So please, don't let the fact that this has been done before stop you! :D

True. I have used Uncharted Worlds and New Horizons before but i forgot about UL as it hasn't been updated in a while. Well my Signature has been changed for it. Good luck with your Changing of the Kerbol System. Can't wait to see the system.

7 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

That's bloody brilliant! At first the plan was indeed to make the star more orange, but blue is rarer now that you mention it. That does mean that I'll have to make it a lot hotter somehow and I have no idea how to do that to be honest. (Hoping @Sigma88 can save the day here)

In fact, why not just make this pack in such a way that the star type is configurable? I could pull that off! :D

As for the primary planet being in a binary orbit, stuff is likely to glitch if 'reference body starting planet = center of universe' doesn't apply, therefore I rarely place the starting planet in an orbit around anything else than the 'center'. A habitable moon would be a really, really cool idea though! I'm actually gonna do that! :D

What you could do regarding the star Configurations is have your Main mod that changes the planets and all of that then have a second folder with the Star Configurations for people to choose from.

Oh and so the mod doesn't take like half the time to find the colours, i have a website for you to visit. It's a surprise...
http://www.vendian.org/mncharity/dir3/starcolor/

Hmm... I'll just throw out some random ideas here
1) Binary Asteroid system or Large Asteroid with little asteroid orbiting it.
2) Multiple Comets
3) Kuiper Belt
4) Oort Cloud
5) Eccentric Jupiter/Hot Jupiter
6) Deep Blue Coloured Ice Giant (Like Neptune or HD 189733b)
7) Binary Gas Giants
8) Lush Forest World
9) Bromine Ocean World
10) A Planet that is tidally locked to Kerbol, Is So close that it orbits within a matter of hours and is hard to reach
And Last but not least...
11) Orbital Blobs of rock or ice less than 1 Km in size (You don't often see mods do that but landing on a planet shouldn't require you to enter a SOI. Maybe something like docking where rather than get captured into its SOI you must catch up to it then perform your landing so basically a challenge to land... I did not make that sentence well XD).

2 hours ago, SAS123 said:

2) Multiple Comets
3) Kuiper Belt
4) Oort Cloud
7) Binary Gas Giants
8) Lush Forest World
9) Bromine Ocean World
10) A Planet that is tidally locked to Kerbol, Is So close that it orbits within a matter of hours and is hard to reach
11) Orbital Blobs of rock or ice less than 1 Km in size (You don't often see mods do that but landing on a planet shouldn't require you to enter a SOI. Maybe something like docking where rather than get captured into its SOI you must catch up to it then perform your landing so basically a challenge to land... I did not make that sentence well XD).

1) Already planned

2&3&4) Would clutter up the system

5) Possibility, but would require a major redesign of the pack to integrate it properly.

6) Already planned

7) Binary gas giants rarely ever have a stable moon system, which means that, for it to be realistic, only the giants would make up the planetary system.

8) Great idea! Noted for possible implemention.

9) Great idea! Noted for possible implemention.

10) Possibility, although the star being blue means that it emits a lot of heat, it'd be unrealistic for a planet to be that close, not to mention that no craft can tech that heat.

11) Like trackable asteroids? Spawning of those in specific areas like rings is already being looked into.

14 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

11) Like trackable asteroids? Spawning of those in specific areas like rings is already being looked into.

No i mean like an actual body that is idk say 510 Metres in size that isn't a spawning asteroid.

oh and for 7) Like Binary stars they would have an inner limit. Its ksp it doesn't have to be 100% its in our universe accurate.

Edited by SAS123

19 hours ago, SAS123 said:

Hmm... I'll just throw out some random ideas here

2) Multiple Comets
3) Kuiper Belt
4) Oort Cloud
7) Binary Gas Giants
8) Lush Forest World
9) Bromine Ocean World

#5 is Cyran. :P

#7 Let me know if you get this one working.

#9 ...What does one do with one of these?

#10 Such a planet would either fall in or melt or both. But Crematoria comes to mind.

Y'all should totally make the main star an O or A class. Some more of us want a blue giant star for the homeworld. GPP would've done it but since we can't change the kalendar year (to my knowledge) the home star had to stay a G-class.

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

#5 is Cyran. :P

#7 Let me know if you get this one working.

#9 ...What does one do with one of these?

#10 Such a planet would either fall in or melt or both. But Crematoria comes to mind.

Y'all should totally make the main star an O or A class. Some more of us want a blue giant star for the homeworld. GPP would've done it but since we can't change the kalendar year (to my knowledge) the home star had to stay a G-class.

5) There is no shame making another planet pack with a different hot Jupiter and Cyran isn't eccentric. Usually, however, hot Jupiters aren't Gas Giants that are hot, they are Gas giants that are close to their stars. 

7) The White Guardian said it wouldn't really be worth it

9) Bromine is a reddish-brown halogen liquid that is toxic at high concentrations.

10) Ahem, let me present you with Kepler-70b, A planet with minimum mass of 0.44 Earth masses, Radius of 0.759 Earth radii and a density similar to Earth but orbits its star (Which is a B-Class Subdwarf) in about 5.76 hours, Its semi-major axis is 0.897 Gigametres (Or 897,000 Km) from the surface of its star and has a temperature of 7,143 K (It's 1500 K hotter than the surface of our sun).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kepler-70b (Its also in the GWR 2017 Book)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.