[1.3.1] LonesomeRobots Aerospace: HOYO CSM

silentvelcro

23OvqKb.jpg

HOYO CSM mk2 (Ver 1.5)
Finally LRAERO addressed the lack of safety of the HOYO missing a Launch Escape System. To apologise to kerbals also revamped the Service Module,
the SPS Engine, also threw a dish antenna and solar panels in the mix.

Now supports RealPlume and Engine Lighting. These mods are not bundled with the release but are highly recommended.
Supports RealChute, kOS and Telemachus. Also not bundled with the release.
Service Module supports TAC Life Support, config file submitted by @MacLuky

This mod comes bundled with dependencies. Module Manager, TexturesUnlimited (For Reflections and solar panels), FireSpitter (For switching the capsule umbelical port open or closed),
RasterPropMonitor (For functional interior), Starwaster's AnimatedDecouplers (For the decoupler animation), Alexustas' ASET Props 1.5 & ASET Avionics 2.1.

Now the IVA is built using the latest ASET Props 1.5 & ASET Avionics 2.1 from Alexustas.

INSTALLATION
Be careful, this mod comes bundled with the latest version of ASET Props (1.5) & ASET Avionics (2.1). Delete these mods if you have older versions before installing this mod.
Unzip and merge with your GameData folder.
Be careful the folder GameData/LonesomeRobots from the zip must be merged with, not replace, any existing GameData/LonesomeRobots folder.

DOWNLOAD

https://spacedock.info/mod/1130/HOYO Capsule %26 SM. LonesomeRobots Aerospace

If you are looking for a Launch Vehicle for the HOYO check out the ARES I-X HLV from LonesomeRobots Aerospace.

Redistributed with this mod.
AnimatedDecouplers created by Starwaster. Redistributed as per license.
Firespitter created by snjo. Redistributed as per license.
RasterPropMonitor created by Mihara & MOARdV. Redistributed as per license.
TexturesUnlimited created by Shadowmage. Redistributed as per license.
ModuleManager created by Sarbian. Redistributed as per license.
ASET Props 1.5 & ASET Avionics 2.1 created by Alexustas. Redistributed as per license.

.craft files for all LRAERO ships can be found here . These are saved from the latest KSP 1.3.1.

changes in this version

• Reflections are now handled by the awesome TexturesUnlimited mod. Texture Replacer is now deprecated.
  • Solar panels use the TexturesUnlimited Solar Shader.
  • ModuleDeployableAntenna is now used to handle the SM Dish antenna animation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HOYO CSM mk2 (Ver 1.4)
Finally LRAERO addressed the lack of safety of the HOYO missing a Launch Escape System. To apologise to kerbals also revamped the Service Module,

Now supports RealPlume and Engine Lighting. These mods are not bundled with the release but are highly recommended.

This mod comes bundled with dependencies. Module Manager, TextureReplacer (For Reflections), FireSpitter (For switching the capsule umbelical port open or closed),
RasterPropMonitor (For functional interior), Starwaster's AnimatedDecouplers (For the decoupler animation), Alexustas' ASET Props 1.4 & ASET Avionics 2.0.

Now the IVA is built using the latest ASET Props 1.4 & ASET Avionics 2.0 from Alexustas.

INSTALLATION
Be careful the folder GameData/LonesomeRobots from the zip must be merged with, not replace, any existing GameData/LonesomeRobots folder.

DOWNLOAD

If you are looking for a Launch Vehicle for the HOYO check out the ARES I-X HLV from LonesomeRobots Aerospace.

TextureReplacer created by ducakar. Redistributed as per license.
ASET Props 1.4 & ASET Avionics created by Alexustas. Redistributed as per license.

.craft files for all LRAERO ships can be found here . These are saved from the latest KSP 1.3.1.

changes in this version

• Changed ModuleRCS to ModuleRCSFX for all parts with RCS thrusters. Now when firing RCS produces sound.
  • Changed TACLifeSupport configs. Now HOYO CSM has resources to support 6 kerbals for 172 days.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOYO CSM mk2 (Ver 1.3)

This mod comes bundled with dependencies. Module Manager, TextureReplacer (For Reflections), FireSpitter (For switching the capsule umbelical port open or closed),
RasterPropMonitor (For functional interior), Starwaster's AnimatedDecouplers (For the decoupler animation), Alexustas' ASET Props 1.4 & ASET Avionics 2.0.

Now the IVA is built using the latest ASET Props 1.4 & ASET Avionics 2.0 from Alexustas.

INSTALLATION

DOWNLOAD

ASET Props 1.4 & ASET Avionics created by Alexustas. Redistributed as per license.

.craft files for all LRAERO ships can be found here . These are saved from the latest KSP 1.3.0.

HOYO CSM mk2 (Ver 1.2)

RasterPropMonitor (For functional interior), Starwaster's AnimatedDecouplers (For the decoupler animation).

ASET Props and FlightSystemsRedux are no longer bundled with the release. Only the relevant props from these 2 mods are moved inside the "props" folder of the HOYO mod.
I had to do this since ASET Props have been updated, but for some reason the game crashes instantly when i try to use them. I contacted alexustas and he tried to sort it but
it is kind of a freak case that applies to some OSX installations and he cannot help.
So in order to keep the IVA fully working for people that have updated to the new ASET Props i moved all the relevant files inside the mod file structure. This way the IVA will work
whatever version of ASET Props you have. I also have to state that i do not claim i made any of the props used in this mod. Credit goes solely to alexustas and MOARdV.

INSTALLATION
Be careful if you already have LonesomeRobots mods installed. The folder GameData/LonesomeRobots from the zip must be merged with, not replace, your current GameData/LonesomeRobots folder.

DOWNLOAD

Ver 1.1
Anyone in the market for a new Command module? LonesomeRobots Aerospace Division completed tests on the HOYO CM and SM.
The capsule can safely take 6 Kerbals to space and back. Has integrated RCS, Reaction Wheels, lights and kOS computer if you have the mod installed.
The HOYO Docking System allows soft docking and restricts orientation.

Supports FAR, RealChute and kOS

UPDATED TO KSP1.2.2.
The mod for 1.2.2 comes bundled with all the dependencies.

Special thanks to k0spwn for all the help, support on the update and enthusiasm on the project.

DOWNLOAD

1.2.2 INSTALLATION
Unzip and merge with your current Gamedata folder.

Note: I had to modify some of the props from ASET Props and MOARdV FlightSystemsRedux in order for them to work correctly with the latest versions of KSP and RasterPropMonitor.
I duplicated and added them inside the HOYO props folder so as to not tamper with the original props.
When ASET and MOARdV updates will be released i will also update the mod and remove the duplicate props.

Changelog:

• The mod is bundled with all the required dependencies for KSP 1.2.2. Bundle includes: AnimatedDecouplers by Starwaster, Firespitter by snjo, RasterPropMonitor by Mihara & MOARdV, TextureReplacer by ducakar, ASET Props, MOARdV FlightSystemsRedux, ModuleManager by Sarbian)
  • Recalibrated, rebalanced and updated cfgs of the capsule and heatshield to prevent it from flipping on reentry on KSP 1.2.2.
  • Recalibrated the docking mechanism aquire force and aquire range so the soft docking functions as intended on KSP 1.2.2.
  • Fixed the required props cfgs (ASET Props & MOARdV FlightSystemsRedux) to work correctly with KSP 1.2.2 and RasterPropMonitor v0.28.0
  • Service module resources have been tweaked. (Monoprop is the main propellant now).
  • HOYO engine tweaked to use Monoprop for propulsion.
  • Parachutes (both stock and RealChute) tweaked to compensate for the larger capsule weight.

For KSP 1.1.3 version
Needs the following mods for some of the features to work. If you don't have them it still works but it's just not the same... So...

Module Manager
TextureReplacer (For Reflections)
FireSpitter (For switching the capsule umbelical port open or closed)
RasterPropMonitor plus ASET Props and MOARdV FlightSystemsRedux (For functional interior)
Starwaster's AnimatedDecouplers (For the decoupler animation)

1.1.3 INSTALLATION
Unzip inside your GameData directory.

If you are having the bug that does not allow your docking ports to undock use the "Stock Bug Fix Modules" Mod from Phoenix Industries.

*This is my first parts mod, there might be bugs. If you report a bug please be patient as it takes a few days for me to have time to tackle the issue.*
*Also if you have any solutions or tweaks and you want to help i will be happy including yours on the next update and attributing you for your help*

Licensing.
This mod is licensed under:
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License

ASET Props created by Alexustas. Redistributed as per license.
FlightSystemsRedux created by MOARdV. Redistributed as per license.

Coming soon from LonesomeRobots Aerospace and already in the works: HOYO Lander. MAVR Heavy Interplanetary Spacecraft. KSAF DynaSoar & SIV Space Station.

Edited by silentvelcro
Update

Thank you k0spwn

Yes it is based on the Orion Capsule. I did not try to replicate it completely. Sorry for not releasing on 1.2.2.
I have many mods and configs on my 1.1.3 it works great and i am lazy to set it up all over again. I started working on my mods when the current version was 1.1.3 and sort of stayed there.

Let me know if it works on 1.2.2.

Cheers

Edited by silentvelcro

I'm always happy to see new command pods.  Yours is very nicely done.  I rejiggered some SSTU parts, like the escape tower, capsule cover, and fairings, and have been able to integrate your parts into a SLS style launch system.

Unfortunately, the ASETS mod does not play nicely with v.1.2.2.  The MFDs work fine, but a lot of the other bells and whistles are kind of messed up.    I'd love to see ASETS updated.  

Anyway, you have a very nice mod here, please keep it up. 

Edited by thomash

Hello thomash. Thank you very much, glad you like it! I am working right now on the IVA for the 1.2.2. I managed to fix all the readings and text, but the problem is with the props from FlightSystemsRedux that use the ASET props I think, but i might be wrong. I am an obsessed IVA player myself and i will try my best to make it work. Also happy to say that the re-entry flipping bug is already corrected and soon i will update the mod for 1.2.2.

Cheers

1 hour ago, thomash said:

I'm always happy to see new command pods.  Yours is very nicely done.  I rejiggered some SSTU parts, like the escape tower, capsule cover, and fairings, and have been able to integrate your parts into a SLS style launch system.

Unfortunately, the ASETS mod does not play nicely with v.1.2.2.  The MFDs work fine, but a lot of the other bells and whistles are kind of messed up.    I'd love to see ASETS updated.  

Anyway, you have a very nice mod here, please keep it up. 

Regarding my last responce, i was wrong about the FlightSystemsRedux. The only problem lies with the text rendering on both ASET Props and FlightSystemsRedux that is changed on 1.2.2 and is easily fixed.
Just changed the color tags to the new format and it works fine.

9 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

Any chance you could go to simply this mod on spacedock, and not bundle in the others?  I already have a few of them, and updating/overwriting might become an issue

In this case Murdabenne after unziping the bundle just copy the folder "LonesomeRobots" inside your KSP GameData folder. Cheers.

22 hours ago, silentvelcro said:

In this case Murdabenne after unziping the bundle just copy the folder "LonesomeRobots" inside your KSP GameData folder. Cheers.

That much is obvious.  What I was hoping for is the more standard approach most mod authors take: putting the mod out on spacedock by itself, and linking to the requisite other mods.  Doing do can reduce "entanglement" with other mods, clarifies dependencies, simplifies installation, as well as simplifying releases for the author (just a single file, no need to gather the other mods). Plus once that is in place, someone could put together the metadata and put this onto CKAN, which would expose it to a tonne of people who use that.  This is a good mod, needs to be seen by more people :rep:.  Just trying to help, so not really a complaint, more of a suggestion. Thanks for this mod!

Edited by Murdabenne
clarification

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.