[1.3.1] LonesomeRobots Aerospace: HOYO CSM

silentvelcro

On 1/3/2017 at 1:49 PM, thomash said:

This has become my go-to command pod.  It's stable and looks great.  Great job on tweaking the ASET issues.  For me, one of the most satisfying and fun parts of this game is IVA-only docking.  Thx.

Can the HOYO docking port dock with the standard Clamp-a-Tron? And how does the pod facilitate IVA docking? I've only done that in the Mk1 inline cockpit - and yeah it's fun!

Ok so I pretty much answered those questions by playing with it a bit, didn't realize raster prop was bundled in there at first. Very cool. 

Question though for you IVA players - Usually the monitor screens are anything but level (or perpendicular I should say) to the Kerbal's line of sight so I'm always looking at them at kind of an angle... how do y'all deal with that? 

This pod is really cool, I would like to see some whole ship designs that use it.

On 1/18/2017 at 10:11 PM, thomash said:

I know that Hoyo docks with the standard SSTU docking port.  You just have to make sure you are rotated properly.

Oh? I tried it the other day and it wasn't happening... maybe it was the orientation.

Hoyo also has some sweet IVA going - how can I get this in all my pods/cockpits?

Hello @Lunar Sea . Logicaly the HOYO docking port should work with Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port/Mk2 Clamp-O-Tron/Inline Clamp-O-Tron/Clamp-O-Tron Shielded Docking Port or any size1 docking port.
Regarding the angled IVA screens, i think i just got used to it :)

What pods do you use? Let me know and maybe i can help you.

Thanks for your kind remarks and glad you enjoy the mod.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a little TAC patch for the SM. It seems odd to have it flying around without any supplies in it:

@PART[HOYO_SM]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = Food
        amount = 109.7
        maxAmount = 109.7
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = Water
        amount = 72.5
        maxAmount = 72.5
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = Oxygen
        amount = 11103.8
        maxAmount = 11103.8
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = CarbonDioxide
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 9591.3
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = Waste
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 10.0
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = WasteWater
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 092.4
    }
}

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. The horizontal design was dropped in favour of the vertical so i concentrated on that. The cargo variant is on the plans, but the initial release will be on the crewed sortie mission variant.
I am planning to also add the separate airlock on the descent fuel tank, but since it is redundant in the game maybe i will convert it to living quarters for outpost missions or science lab.

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking for a decent command pod these past couple of weeks, one with an ASET/Rasterized iva.  This one is really good.  I mean really good.  Black is not my favourite color, but the quality of the pod top knotch.

Cheers, and keep up the great work!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.