[1.3.1] LonesomeRobots Aerospace: HOYO CSM

silentvelcro

All LonesomeRobots Aerospace mods have been updated. Now reflections are handled by the awesome Textures Unlimited mod by master modder Shadowmage. The solar shader is used in all solar panels.
There has been some bugs removed and a little cleanup on all mods. TextureReplacer is no longer used by any LRAero mods, so if you are not using it for anything else you can delete it from your GameData folder.

Also the Duna Base Camp & HOYO CEV expansion has been released. Check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello at @Jony76. Glad you like the mods and thank you for your kind words. These switches are cosmetic and actually do nothing else than light up their corespodent indicator lights, regarding life support systems i think.
I saw these switches and indicators for the first time on MOARdV's awesome flightsystemsredux internal configs for the FASA Gemini.

@silentvelcro  I am finally using the HOYO CSM and Altair Lander in one of my missions.  Definitely beautiful 3D model, textures and animations.  I enjoy the detail you added with the HOYO CSM and it's semi transparency effect when the sun hits the panels!  Superb.  

One question, the HOYO docking port  that I am using on the HOYO CM and Altair Lander do connect but wobble when I throttle my mains.  The ports are activated and extended, they connect but its fragile lock.  Am I doing something wrong? Have a missed something?  Any input on how to solve this is appreciated.

Hello @THX-1138. The correct way is to have for example, the port on the HOYO in active mode (port extended) and the port on the Altair in passive mode (retracted). When you bring the ports close they pull each other but do not allow for a rigid dock (soft docking). That way you can correct any roll misalignments (be very careful as large rotations are not allowed) and when you have it right you switch the HOYO port to passive mode (retracted). Then you have a rigid connection between the two docking ports and no wobble.

The semi transparent solar panels are indeed awesome, but all credit goes to @Shadowmage, since his mod TexturesUnlimited allows for that. I just had to figure out how the solar shader worked and made the texture. I have enabled the solar panels on all my mods to do that.

Let me know how the docking went. Cheers.

9 hours ago, silentvelcro said:

Hello @THX-1138. The correct way is to have for example, the port on the HOYO in active mode (port extended) and the port on the Altair in passive mode (retracted). When you bring the ports close they pull each other but do not allow for a rigid dock (soft docking). That way you can correct any roll misalignments (be very careful as large rotations are not allowed) and when you have it right you switch the HOYO port to passive mode (retracted). Then you have a rigid connection between the two docking ports and no wobble.

The semi transparent solar panels are indeed awesome, but all credit goes to @Shadowmage, since his mod TexturesUnlimited allows for that. I just had to figure out how the solar shader worked and made the texture. I have enabled the solar panels on all my mods to do that.

Let me know how the docking went. Cheers.

@silentvelcro  Followed your instructions for the HOYO docking port and it worked perfectly.  Thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 5/25/2018 at 8:18 PM, RocketScientist said:

Is there an update for 1.4 coming soon?

Since i did some testing in 1.4.5 i might as well share, if you make sure that aset avionics/props is the latest version it seems that all of the LonesomeRobotics mods work without issues so far.

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2018 at 6:13 AM, madmanjazz said:

Since i did some testing in 1.4.5 i might as well share, if you make sure that aset avionics/props is the latest version it seems that all of the LonesomeRobotics mods work without issues so far.

I've tried this in 1.5.1.  The parts seem to work so far, with the following exceptions:

1) Animated Decouplers v1.4.1, which was re-compiled not too long ago, doesn't recognize the HOYO CM Decoupler as an actual decoupler for staging purposes.  This gets interesting as the part above it doesn't change in resource flow priority.  It can be decoupled manually by right-clicking and pressing its Decouple button, or Animated Decouplers can be removed and it functions as a regular decoupler, without the umbilical detachment animation, and with resource flow working as expected.

2) The CM internal fuel cell seems to run at max output, regardless of the ec draw.  This burns through monoprop rather quickly.  I'm not sure how to edit the config file to make it self-throttling, like the stock fuel cells.

I haven't tried out the various texture replacement mods; they all seem to have been getting some renovation recently and I don't know if what HOYO uses is still compatible anymore.

If there's a refresh on this at some point, may I also suggest adding some simple crew-cabin lighting on the windows which can operate without a texture replacement mod.

I'd like to see this one keep going: it's still my favorite for a very basic, high capacity re-entry capsule, that fits cleanly on a 3.75m rocket.

Edited by KSPrynk

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.