Your top ten mods (End of 2016 edition)

iSilver

Hi guys let's do a little fun survey.. Name your best top 10 addons (in order from the best to less good) that you can't play without this year.
One more thing, module manager doesn't count coz it's required by most mods to run properly. Ok, here goes my list:

1. KIS (+module manager obviously)
2. Kerbal Engineer Redux (KER)
3. Atomic Age (nuclear engines + some parts)
4. Modular Fuel Tanks
5. Radar Altimeter (dark side landing? No problem)
6. Precise Maneuver (maneuver node fine-tuner)
7. Time Control (coz my RL time is precious)
8. Tweakscale
9. Planet Shine
10. Mechjeb 2

So many things have been achieved by the modding community this year, this is not just a list of my favorites but also a big thank you for all those hours invested into making the impossible possible.

1. Bluedog Design Bureau: saw its 1.0 release with Saturn parts, the biggest stockalike part pack got even bigger.

2. Cormorant Aeronolgy: 1.0 release as well, Pak really made some amazing STS parts.

3. Scatterer and EVE: so much progress with both landmark graphics mods this year! Procedural cloud detail perturbation in EVE thanks to Waz, ring shaders and scetter effects applied to EVE clouds in Scatterer. Not all of it is complete and implemented, but the future is looking bright.

4. Kerbal Reusability Expansion: everything you need to land your Falcon 9, New Glenn or ITS in a super high-quality Porkalike style.

5. Flight Manager for Reusable Stages: Falcon 9 landings are doable in stock, but this enables stuff Falcon Heavy. It's not yet updated for 1.2.X but SIT89 will probably come back when he has time for it, and if not linuxgurugamer has been poking around the thread...

6. Near Future, Cryo Engines and Kerbal Atomics: Nertea has little time for KSP modding, but damn did he use it well this year. Electrical RCS, improved reactors and engine models and a lot of balance work.

7. OPT Spaceplane: K.Yeon came back from the dead! An amazing Porkalike spiritual successor to B9 aerospace that just keeps getting better.

8. USI Konstruction: once again RoverDude took something great (Infernal Robotics) and made it even better. Also welding ports!

9. Sigma Dimensions: playing in a rescaled system has never been easier thanks to Sigma88.

10. Kopernicus: Sigma's mods wouldn't be possible without this. This planetary body editing framework saw a lot of attention this year with stuff like Galileo's planet pack.

Also I want to say thank you to linuxgurugamer and everyone else who continued development of so many mods after their original authors had to leave. I don't think I would have continued playing KSP as much as I do without Navball Docking Alignment Indicator, Smart Parts and Tweakable Everything. You guys are the true heroes of the KSP modding scene!

1. Bluedog Design Bureau - Parts, parts, and MOAR PARTS!

2. Stock Visual Terrain - What good is a RX 480 if I don't max out graphics?

3. Stock Visual Enhancements - What good is a RX 480 if I don't max out graphics? 8k textures, of course.

4. Tantares - N1 and Soyuz are awesome!

5. GravityTurn - I'm a lazy person.

6. Kopernicus - Lets me have my nice 3.2x rescale

7. Sigma Dimensions - Lets me have my nice 3.2x rescale

8. RCS Build Aid - This makes ship building sooo much easier.

9. Cormorant Aeronology - Shuttles are pretty cool. BDB improves.

10. ModuleManager - Lets everything run smoothly.

Edited by legoclone09

1. ModuleManager. It's the mod that modders use to mod their mods.
  2. Ambient Light Adjustment. I won't record YouTube videos without it.
  3. KER. I won't leave Kerbin's SOI without it.
  4. KAC. See above.
  5. Better Burn Time. Should be stock.
  6. RCS Build Aid. I won't build big ships without it.
  7. Editor Extensions. See above.
  8. NavHud. Look at the screen during flight instead of only watching the navball.
  9. Automated Science Sampler. I won't do Career without it.
  10. HyperEdit. I'm a dirty cheating cheater.

In roughly the correct order.

3 hours ago, iSilver said:

Hi guys let's do a little fun survey.. Name your best top 10 addons (in order from the best to less good) that you can't play without this year.
One more thing, module manager doesn't count coz it's required by most mods to run properly. Ok, here goes my list:

I'm sure you mean well, but Module Manager in fact belongs at the top of every list, because as you said, virtually every mod uses it in one way or another and it is arguably the single most important piece of software that exists in relation to modding KSP.

8 minutes ago, Randazzo said:

I'm sure you mean well, but Module Manager in fact belongs at the top of every list, because as you said, virtually every mod uses it in one way or another and it is arguably the single most important piece of software that exists in relation to modding KSP.

I think he meant MM doesn't count as 1 of the 10 listed mods, since if you included MM, it would take up over 100 slots on your list :P.

Since @5thHorseman shared his... I will share mine... :cool:

1. ModuleManager: Without it, all the other mods I use wouldn't work...
  2. Kerbal Engineer Redux: It gives me all the information I need that the stock game does not offer. I can land anywhere or dock with nearly anything with the data.
  3. Kerbal Alarm Clock: After playing this game without the mod for a few months before its discovery, I will NEVER play without this mod again. Never miss an important window again...
  4. Environmental Visual Enhancements: Because those blue skies of Kerbin are too blue and clear!
  5. Kerbal Planetary Base Systems: I use this mod for everything - I use it for bases and as superstructure elements for ships. A great mod.
  6. Buffalo: NASA inspired MSEV & Fly like "JetMan"...: I've been using this mod for nearly a year. The new parts recently added bring up a whole new "wow" factor. Thanks to @Angel-125 for his hard work and love of the game.
  7. Distant Object Enhancement: What good does it do to have OPM installed if you cannot see them from Kerbin's nighttime sky?
  8. Outer Planets Mod: Moar planets and moons to explore are always good...
  9. Discontinued Parts Pack: This is a great mod by @NecroBones. He has done a great job of keeping some of our favorite old parts around and doesn't get enough forum love...
  10. HyperEdit and VesselMover: These are tied because I am not sure which one I use the most. Gotta move them boats to the water somehow!

I have a lot of other mods I use, but these are the ones I've used the most this year.

Edited by adsii1970

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.