[1.8.x, 1.9.x] NEBULA space engineering - Decals Continued

linuxgurugamer

Recently I made a set of letter and number textures and a separate decal part to display them, for purposes like writing names on ships. Do you mind if I share them here to download as an addon (if you could call it that) for the mod?

[image moved into other post]

Edited by voicey99

On 2/19/2019 at 5:19 PM, voicey99 said:

Recently I made a set of letter and number textures and a separate decal part to display them, for purposes like writing names on ships. Do you mind if I share them here to download as an addon (if you could call it that) for the mod?

Not at all, please go ahead

I was looking for a mod that would let me write names on the sides of my ships, and couldn't find anything. So I decided to fix that and, with the tools of NEBULA, created a set of letter and number textures you can use to assemble names letter-by letter on the sides of your ships to grant them names they can bear proudly for all to see, and to label things like different sections of your bases.

k3oEBUF.png   The current texture set.

Download it here

To install, download the folder and drag and drop it into GameData, and merge it with the existing NEBULA folder.

The characters are text size 180, written in the font Arial Black, and the flat and curved letter decals are clones of the standard flat and letter decals.

UPDATE 27/02/19 - Added some basic punctuation (dot, dash, slash, apostrophe, comma).
UPDATE 21/03/19 - Added curved versions of the Letter Decal.

Edited by voicey99

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/16/2019 at 5:59 PM, Captain Planet said:

Curved would be amazing! Thank you for sharing this and packaging it up for easy installation.

I've added two curved versions of the letter decal (one for writing each way along the curved surface), and an additional set of textures for the rotated version to the download.

• 3 weeks later...

When installed via CKAN conflicts with Nebula Eva handrails continued.

Report :

File: GameData / NEBULA / MiniAVC.DLL file
Mod Installation : NEBULADecalsContinued 0.1.2.2
Owning Mod: EVAHandrailsPackContinued
Ckan version: v1.25.4

2 hours ago, Craze said:

Report :

I'm getting the same thing. For now, I just uninstalled Nebula Decals Continued. I miss using it, so definitely will reinstall once problem resolved.

14 hours ago, Craze said:

Report :

12 hours ago, GJNelson said:

I'm getting the same thing. For now, I just uninstalled Nebula Decals Continued. I miss using it, so definitely will reinstall once problem resolved.

Probably caused by my updating the release method for this, I'll get it fixed

Edited by linuxgurugamer

15 hours ago, Craze said:

Is miniAVC necessary? I just cut it out everywhere.

some people find it helpful. There's a ZeroMiniAVC mod out there you can search for that will disable the DLLs it finds in any mod for you automatically if you don't want to deal with it

5 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

some people find it helpful. There's a ZeroMiniAVC mod out there you can search for that will disable the DLLs it finds in any mod for you automatically if you don't want to deal with it 

I know that. But a lot of DLL is a huge amount of disk space and a lot of CPU time to disable them. I made a program for myself that removes them.

Edited by Craze

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, beaucoupzero said:

Hello! I made a texture pack for Nebula, 87 textures, download here -> beacuoupzero texture pack, just overwrite gamedata. hope you enjoy.

Are you offering this up as an addin to the current mod?  Or as a secondary download?

Either way, you totally left out the README.md and the LICENSE (two copies are included).  

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you offering this up as an addin to the current mod?  Or as a secondary download?

Either way, you totally left out the README.md and the LICENSE (two copies are included).  

hey,  it would be awesome to have these included in the mod !!!! please let me know what steps need to be taken. i`m prepared to make bigger resolution items if necessary and i want to expand the curved vertical selection that has no decals atm. let me know!

2 hours ago, beaucoupzero said:

hey,  it would be awesome to have these included in the mod !!!! please let me know what steps need to be taken. i`m prepared to make bigger resolution items if necessary and i want to expand the curved vertical selection that has no decals atm. let me know!

I'd be happy to include them. They are a nice group of decals

I'm busy with some other stuff.  It would be best if you were able to do a PR on Github, otherwise, just PM me a zip file and I'll do a manual merge

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'd be happy to include them. They are a nice group of decals

I'm busy with some other stuff.  It would be best if you were able to do a PR on Github, otherwise, just PM me a zip file and I'll do a manual merge

great!!! i think the best way would be for you to update the files, i have no idea how that would work. i`ll pm u with the zip, i`m working on getting more numerals in currently most of the numbers have a zero in front. so i`ll make a 0-9 series on white and black, i`ll also test some more dashed lines, i`ll see how that goes.

• 1 month later...
On 11/27/2018 at 2:48 AM, sslaptnhablhat said:

Like I said, I did exactly as described in the OP; created custom decals and entered their filenames in the CFG files, separated by semicolons. Nothing more, nothing less.

Has this user ever been answered?

I also created a 512x512 png file. Put it into "GameData\NEBULA\decals\textures"

I added it's filename (only before the extension) at the end of "textureNames =" after "rusroundel" with a ";" semicolon before it, into the config.cfg, configCurvedHorizRect.cfg, configCurvedSquare.cfg, configCurvedVertRect.cfg files, but it still isn't showing up in the game.

When I right click on the related parts in the VAB, the last varient still reads as "rusroundel".

My file name doesn't have any special characters, it doesn't even have uppercase letters...

What could be wrong?

• 4 weeks later...

EDIT:  disregard:  I didn't realize it was a part!  BTW, seems to work fine in 1.8/1.8.1, and does not require tweakscale, but I can see why it would be recommended.  I ran into some probllems with tweakscale, and don't have it installed.  as of this date, tweakscale is not updated for 1.8

Does this mod work with 1.8/1.8.1?  and does it require or recommend tweakscale?  I've read both, the spacedock page says requires, this post says recommennded. And if installed, how is it activated?  I see new flags and decals in the flags menu, but when I right click a part, I don't get an option to add or resize  a flag/decal.  Just not sure how it's supposed to work.  Thanks

Edited by Torch

On 10/29/2019 at 9:40 PM, Torch said:

EDIT:  disregard:  I didn't realize it was a part!  BTW, seems to work fine in 1.8/1.8.1, and does not require tweakscale, but I can see why it would be recommended.  I ran into some probllems with tweakscale, and don't have it installed.  as of this date, tweakscale is not updated for 1.8

Does this mod work with 1.8/1.8.1?  and does it require or recommend tweakscale?  I've read both, the spacedock page says requires, this post says recommennded. And if installed, how is it activated?  I see new flags and decals in the flags menu, but when I right click a part, I don't get an option to add or resize  a flag/decal.  Just not sure how it's supposed to work.  Thanks

That the point, you need Tweakscale to adjust the size of you decal on your craft.

Since 1.8.1 is out it seems last version of Tweakscale works, the UI is back.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I love all the documentation on how to create custom logos, but I'd be happy if I could even figure out how to use the included ones. Can someone link the instructions on how to use the base mod?? I've installed it through Curse and either I'm blind or there is nothing new in my VAB for this. Please help? I'm not new to modding, but I am new to modding KSP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.