[1.8.x, 1.9.x] NEBULA space engineering - Decals Continued

linuxgurugamer

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

What would you suggest?

Well, with Filter Extensions, could these be put in a "Decals" category? I realize I probably can (and probably will) do this myself; I am making a suggestion for future releases. I am sure there are A LOT of people that use a whole lot of mods you have created or maintained, and that would just be one way in which they were integrated.

No worries if that is not in the cards. I still very much appreciate all that you do.

2 hours ago, eightiesboi said:

Well, with Filter Extensions, could these be put in a "Decals" category? I realize I probably can (and probably will) do this myself; I am making a suggestion for future releases. I am sure there are A LOT of people that use a whole lot of mods you have created or maintained, and that would just be one way in which they were integrated.

No worries if that is not in the cards. I still very much appreciate all that you do.

I don't have time for this right now, but if you come up with a working config for FE, I'll be happy to include it

I seem to being having an issue on creating decals, I've added the names to the configs, etc. But it seems like my decal is showing up on the flat decals, but not on the curved ones? Any help? Edit: Nevermind, seems like it doesn't like me copying and pasting names in. ^^

Edited by Sebastiaz
Because I forgot something.

• 3 months later...
On 5/4/2018 at 4:29 PM, katateochi said:

just fyi, I've tried this in KSP 1.4.3 and it seems to be working fine

It should be fine, it's only configs

I actually updated it for 1.4*, apparently I missed updating Spacedock, will do that now

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/20/2018 at 4:48 PM, Sebastiaz said:

I seem to being having an issue on creating decals, I've added the names to the configs, etc. But it seems like my decal is showing up on the flat decals, but not on the curved ones? Any help? Edit: Nevermind, seems like it doesn't like me copying and pasting names in. ^^

Mind elaborating? I'm having the same issue. 

I'm running into a strange issue where my decals are only showing up under the flat decal. I set it up correctly to show on the curved one as well (I think), but they don't show up. Is there some trick to getting it to work correctly? 

Edit:forgot I just asked this above. 

Edited by TheMariner
Oops

• 2 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer thanks for adopting this mod!   I love adding a little personalization to my ships.  I have a request and a question.  First, the request: Could you add a curved decal that is curved the other way?  I'd like to be able to place decals rotated by 90 degrees on fuel tanks.  Second, a question:  does the mass have an effect for physicsless parts?  I tried editing the config to change the mass to 0.000, but bad things (uncontrollable shaking) happened on my rovers when I did that.  I want to be able to tweakscale the decal without increasing the mass.

14 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

There is a way to tell Tweakscale to not change the mass, but ask in that thread 

Thanks I inquired there.  Is there a way to make the decals massless without the uncontrollable shaking?

On 7/25/2018 at 10:24 PM, captainb said:

@linuxgurugamer thanks for adopting this mod!   I love adding a little personalization to my ships.  I have a request and a question.  First, the request: Could you add a curved decal that is curved the other way?  I'd like to be able to place decals rotated by 90 degrees on fuel tanks.  Second, a question:  does the mass have an effect for physicsless parts?  I tried editing the config to change the mass to 0.000, but bad things (uncontrollable shaking) happened on my rovers when I did that.  I want to be able to tweakscale the decal without increasing the mass.

Latest release fixes this

Edit:  Working on long curved now, the mass issue was fixed

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...

Really like the updates, going from percentage to meters is a move in the right direction as are the other tweakscale changes.  Only thing is it's caused a bit of a problem for existing craft that used the previous version of Nebula; they now have MASSIVE decals.  Easy to fix on saved craft, but more problematic for those already in flight. Only thing I can think to do is to first use the editor to find out what the new size should be for each decal on each in flight craft and then search through the persistent file for the corresponding craft/decal and manually change the scale value.  I can't think of a systematic way that I could make a script to do the job, so for now I'm sticking with the previous version.  Is there a more cunning way of upgrading existing decals to the new scale rules? Or could you (not sure if possible) add in a legacy fallback method for craft with the old scale rules?

I will see what I can do. I'm thinking of using patch manager to have an optional patch will still set it back to the old way of doing it.

Do you think that would work?

The only other alternative would be to have a second version and make them mutually exclusive so 1 1st would be the old D cow mud and the other version would be the new

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I have been creating some decals for my new rocket series, really simple though :) :
It has two variants, one with a black text and one with a white text. It could be that one of the variants isnt visible on the forum here, since the background is transparent. The black one is shown below.
https://imgur.com/gallery/z3UQvvu

Gr6qlVF.png

F8yjOMl.png

J8Ebojq.png

Edited by DrLicor

On 8/10/2018 at 10:26 AM, DrLicor said:

I have been creating some decals for my new rocket series, really simple though :) :
It has two variants, one with a black text and one with a white text. It could be that one of the variants isnt visible on the forum here, since the background is transparent. The black one is shown below.
https://imgur.com/gallery/z3UQvvu

Gr6qlVF.png

F8yjOMl.png

J8Ebojq.png

Are you offering these up for inclusion in the mod?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.