Jump to content

[1.8.x, 1.9.x] NEBULA space engineering - Decals Continued


Recommended Posts

 

 

26 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you offering these up for inclusion in the mod?

 

If you like to use them, of course ;)

I'm thinking about putting a circle'ish on the background in red. Like the nasa logo
Also, for now, I've the first picture in a square resolution, but it could also be used in the 2x1 resolution.
Do you want a direct download link of the current files?

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, DrLicor said:

 

 

If you like to use them, of course ;)

I'm thinking about putting a circle'ish on the background in red. Like the nasa logo
Also, for now, I've the first picture in a square resolution, but it could also be used in the 2x1 resolution.
Do you want a direct download link of the current files?

I'm not sure, they seem to be specific to your rockets.

Will think about it, thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey LG, I just upgraded to 1.4.5, running x64 KSP on Win 10, and all used decals have exploded to like 10,000% size, much bigger than the rockets they're on. And they're causing collider krakening that is destroying said rockets. I seem to be running the latest version:

[LOG 21:04:56.209] MiniAVC -> Identical remote version found: Using remote version information only.
[LOG 21:04:56.209] MiniAVC -> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/linuxgurugamer/NEBULA_Decals/master/NEBULA_Decals.version
	NAME: NEBULA_DecalsContinued
	URL: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/linuxgurugamer/NEBULA_Decals/master/NEBULA_Decals.version
	DOWNLOAD: http://spacedock.info/mod/613/NEBULA_Decals
	GITHUB: linuxgurugamer/NEBULA_Decals
		LatestRelease: 0.1.2
		AllowPreRelease: False
	VERSION: 0.1.2
	KSP_VERSION: 1.3.1
	KSP_VERSION_MIN: 1.3.1
	KSP_VERSION_MAX: 1.4.99
	CompatibleKspVersion: False
	CompatibleKspVersionMin: True

Only errors I see are these:

[LOG 21:12:41.771] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'NEBULA/decals/config1x2/Long decal 1x2'
[ERR 21:12:41.774] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture as cannot find texture 'decal' to replace

At the same time I upgraded to 1.4.5, I installed Scatterer/EVE/Kopernicus/SVT. Is there any incompatibility with those mods? Not sure how, since they're just decals, but something made them way the hell bigger. As you can see from the editor screenshot below, the default size is now 20m.

Np0JgAt.png

Edited by vossiewulf
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vossiewulf said:

Hey LG, I just upgraded to 1.4.5, running x64 KSP on Win 10, and all used decals have exploded to like 10,000% size, much bigger than the rockets they're on. And they're causing collider krakening that is destroying said rockets. I seem to be running the latest version:

[LOG 21:04:56.209] MiniAVC -> Identical remote version found: Using remote version information only.
[LOG 21:04:56.209] MiniAVC -> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/linuxgurugamer/NEBULA_Decals/master/NEBULA_Decals.version
	NAME: NEBULA_DecalsContinued
	URL: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/linuxgurugamer/NEBULA_Decals/master/NEBULA_Decals.version
	DOWNLOAD: http://spacedock.info/mod/613/NEBULA_Decals
	GITHUB: linuxgurugamer/NEBULA_Decals
		LatestRelease: 0.1.2
		AllowPreRelease: False
	VERSION: 0.1.2
	KSP_VERSION: 1.3.1
	KSP_VERSION_MIN: 1.3.1
	KSP_VERSION_MAX: 1.4.99
	CompatibleKspVersion: False
	CompatibleKspVersionMin: True

Only errors I see are these:

[LOG 21:12:41.771] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'NEBULA/decals/config1x2/Long decal 1x2'
[ERR 21:12:41.774] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture as cannot find texture 'decal' to replace

At the same time I upgraded to 1.4.5, I installed Scatterer/EVE/Kopernicus/SVT. Is there any incompatibility with those mods? Not sure how, since they're just decals, but something made them way the hell bigger. As you can see from the editor screenshot below, the default size is now 20m.

Np0JgAt.png

Its a known problem.

For right now, use the previous version

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/4/2018 at 5:10 AM, Nicky21 said:

I have a question:  Do the decals use the phisycless property so that they won't add too much strain on an already large part count ship ?

They do.

 

On 11/21/2018 at 5:55 AM, Ivan Cheung said:

@linuxgurugamer the decals resets to default when i launch my vehicle from SPH in KSP 1.3.1  

What about from the VAB?  And can you provide a bit more detail?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

They do.

 

What about from the VAB?  And can you provide a bit more detail?

Haven't tried in VAB (the craft is a Assembled station) and for details i will try taking screenshots

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

@linuxgurugamer I've been trying for the past hour to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I edited the configs of all the decal parts exactly as described, but for some reason the custom variants of the horizontal curved and 1x8 flat decal refuse to show up in-game, whereas custom variants work fine for all the other decals.

I'm  not a mind reader.  Post what you have done so I can see it

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2018 at 10:36 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

They do.

  

What about from the VAB?  And can you provide a bit more detail?

Here is the screenshots

HQzmetj.pngR89AOs9.png

Edited by Ivan Cheung
Imgur Embedding just won't budge.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer I know this was suggested before, but it would be awesome if these could be moved into their own category. You could call it Decals, Graphics, etc. While I absolutely love this mod, it does clog up the Utility category quite a bit.

However, let me be clear- absolutely incredible addition to the game that really adds awesome flavor!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

If you are running KSP 1.3.1, then you need to be using version  0.1.1.5

I'm not aware of any differences between 1.3.1 and 1.4.1, but 1.3.1 is too far ago for me to do much.  and if you are running the latest, then there ARE some changes which would be significant

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm following the instructions on the first page to create my own desings. For square decals it works very well and is really easy. However when aplying the same logic to non square decals the result looks very poor, like compressed and unrecognizeable. Is there something different for the non square decals?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2019 at 10:14 AM, Manimal said:

Hi, I'm following the instructions on the first page to create my own desings. For square decals it works very well and is really easy. However when aplying the same logic to non square decals the result looks very poor, like compressed and unrecognizeable. Is there something different for the non square decals?

Can you post a picture, as well as the files?  I'll take a look when I get some time

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2019 at 6:57 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Can you post a picture, as well as the files?  I'll take a look when I get some time

Well, I tried to make a picture of the effect and what do you know, it behaves as it should. I have no idea what I did different but clearly the problem is in front of the screen. Thanks for offering help, linuxgurugamer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...