[1.9-1.10] Global Construction

allista

5 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

I'm sure you just want to know but rest assured that the mod developer is fully aware that v1.3 is out.  It is considered impolite to push devs for any info because they're volunteers doing this for the fun of it.  Having people pester them diminishes that enjoyment.

Just play with KSP v1.2.2 for a little while longer and be patient.

Ah, my apologies

• 2 weeks later...

Ground Construction v1.1.2.2 for KSP 1.3 (2017.06.05)

ChangeLog:

Spoiler
  • Compatible with KSP-1.3
  • Engineers with lvl 0 are now also capable of kit construction.
  • Main GC Window now shows only landed workshops.
  • Hopefully fixed the issue with inability to launch some finished constructs.
  • Moved engineer patch to separate top-level config.
  • Fixed the coroutine bug.

3 hours ago, gofrm76 said:

when im trying to install gc for ksp 1.3 via ckan, it says that it doesn't find groundconstruction-core.

Despite all its benefits, CKAN will never cease to be a major pain in the ass ;.;

Thanks for the report! I'll look into it.

Possibly related to the preceding question:

I use the version of GC that comes with MKS (GC-Core, I think?), which is version 1.1.2.1, and when I start KSP I get an AVC message telling me that 1.1.2.2 is available.  However, the GC download on your SpaceDock page includes ConfigurableContainers, which I don't want to use.  If I install the new 000_AT_Utils and GroundConstruction folders but omit ConfigurableContainers, KSP hangs during startup, after applying MM Patches.

What should I remove from the GroundConstruction folder to turn it into just GC-Core without the ConfigurableContainers dependency?  (Assuming that's possible, and it's not a whole different build of the DLL or something.)

I'm not using CKAN:wink:

56 minutes ago, Wyzard said:

I use the version of GC that comes with MKS (GC-Core, I think?), which is version 1.1.2.1, and when I start KSP I get an AVC message telling me that 1.1.2.2 is available.  However, the GC download on your SpaceDock page includes ConfigurableContainers, which I don't want to use.  If I install the new 000_AT_Utils and GroundConstruction folders but omit ConfigurableContainers, KSP hangs during startup, after applying MM Patches.

What should I remove from the GroundConstruction folder to turn it into just GC-Core without the ConfigurableContainers dependency?  (Assuming that's possible, and it's not a whole different build of the DLL or something.)

I came here for pretty much the same question! :) By comparing the previous release with what was included in the latest release of the USI constellation I figured out the following:

In 000_AT_Utils:

- Plugins\001_AnisotropicPartResizer.dll -> delete

- Plugins\002_MultiAnimators.dll -> delete

- Plugins\ConfigurableContainers.dll -> delete

In GroundConstruction:

- Parts\MobileWorkshop -> delete

- Parts\SpaceCrane -> delete

- Patches -> delete

- Engineer.cfg -> delete

Anything else -> keep

@allista or @RoverDude Can you please confirm the list? :) 

8 hours ago, Wyzard said:

In general I wouldn't recommend to update GC separately from MKS; but this update is pretty simple and there shouldn't be any incompatibilities, so you can try.

The CG-Core includes only these:

Spoiler

"GameData/GroundConstruction/Icons",
"GameData/GroundConstruction/Plugins",
"GameData/GroundConstruction/GroundConstruction.version",
"GameData/GroundConstruction/KitResources.cfg",
"GameData/GroundConstruction/Engineer.cfg",
"GameData/GroundConstruction/Parts/DIYKit",

It does not need the full ConfigurableContainers, but its core configuration is a part of AT_Utils, so you need to keep these files:

Spoiler

"GameData/ConfigurableContainers/TankTypes.cfg",,
"GameData/ConfigurableContainers/TankConfigs.cfg",
"GameData/ConfigurableContainers/Cryogenics.cfg",

7 hours ago, canisin said:

I came here for pretty much the same question! :) By comparing the previous release with what was included in the latest release of the USI constellation I figured out the following:

In 000_AT_Utils:

- Plugins\001_AnisotropicPartResizer.dll -> delete

- Plugins\002_MultiAnimators.dll -> delete

- Plugins\ConfigurableContainers.dll -> delete

In GroundConstruction:

- Parts\MobileWorkshop -> delete

- Parts\SpaceCrane -> delete

- Patches -> delete

- Engineer.cfg -> delete

Anything else -> keep

@allista or @RoverDude Can you please confirm the list? :) 

Oh, I see, so @RoverDude has stripped away half of the AT_Utils in his bundle; in that case one doesn't need ConfigurableContainers folder at all. But be carefull with Engineer.cfg: with it removed USI should provide its own patch to add the ConstructionSkill to appropriate kerbal traits.

@RoverDude, do I need to change GC-Core.netkan to exclude Engineer.cfg as well? I can also make a reduced version of AT_Utils to better replicate the bundling in CKAN.

Edited by allista

Looking at MKS\Kolonists.cfg, it seems that ConstructionSkill has been given to Technicians and Mechanics. And also to Engineers in TraitsAndEffects.cfg.

Edited by canisin

6 hours ago, allista said:

In general I wouldn't recommend to update GC separately from MKS; but this update is pretty simple and there shouldn't be any incompatibilities, so you can try.

Thanks.  I trimmed the GroundConstruction folder to the items you listed and it works.  :)

FWIW: you mentioned needing the ConfigurableContainers config files at minimum, but the MKS release doesn't include the ConfigurableContainers folder at all, so I omitted it and found that it seems to work anyway — at least, the game doesn't hang during startup, and there are no exceptions in the log.  (I didn't try actually using any of the GC functionality, though, since I'm not far enough in my current career game to have access to DIYKits yet.)

9 minutes ago, Wyzard said:

Thanks.  I trimmed the GroundConstruction folder to the items you listed and it works.  :)

FWIW: you mentioned needing the ConfigurableContainers config files at minimum, but the MKS release doesn't include the ConfigurableContainers folder at all, so I omitted it and found that it seems to work anyway — at least, the game doesn't hang during startup, and there are no exceptions in the log.  (I didn't try actually using any of the GC functionality, though, since I'm not far enough in my current career game to have access to DIYKits yet.)

See my next answer: MKS strips the whole thing, including ConfigurableContainers.dll which uses these configs. So it's Ok to remove both the folder and the dll from AT_Utils if you're using the GC-Core as described.

1 minute ago, allista said:

See my next answer: MKS strips the whole thing, including ConfigurableContainers.dll which uses these configs. So it's Ok to remove both the folder and the dll from AT_Utils if you're using the GC-Core as described.

Ah, sorry, I hadn't seen the edit.  Thanks!

23 minutes ago, KingeOrge said:

Will you do the interior of the workshop vehicle anytime?

My only experience in making interiors is the cockpit of the Space Port part from Hangar mod. It was hard, it took me several days to model and texture everything, then another day to put props... and the result looks at most shabby compared to the most interiors from other modders. So I'd rather not.

But, since @RoverDude had a plan to make a more space-industry-like model for the workshop for GC/MKS bundle, we may hope that one will have an interior.

3 hours ago, Svetoch said:

When the mod from CKAN is installed, it writes a message "Module GroundConstruction-Core has not been found. This may be because it is not compatible with the currently installed version of KSP"

I see that, and I think I now know why. Both GC and GC-Core are essentially the same archive from Spacedock with different installation instructions. But for GC CKAN uses Spacedock's supported version, while for Core i looks into AVC version file which I had forgotten to update. Will fix that.

On KSP 1.2.2 with AT_Utils 1.4.2 I got an fps drop when opening the context menu of Procedural Parts (in VAB and in flight) with this spammed to the log:

NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Behaviour:get_isActiveAndEnabled ()
  at AT_Utils.AnisotropicResizableBase.UpdateGUI (.ShipConstruct ship) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[ShipConstruct].Fire (.ShipConstruct data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
EventData`1:Fire(ShipConstruct)
ProceduralParts.TankContentSwitcher:OnPartVolumeChanged(BaseEventData)
BaseEvent:Invoke(BaseEventData)
Part:SendEvent(String, BaseEventData, Int32)
ProceduralParts.ProceduralAbstractShape:ChangeVolume(String, Double)
ProceduralParts.ProceduralAbstractShape:set_Volume(Single)
ProceduralParts.ProceduralShapeCylinder:UpdateShape(Boolean)
ProceduralParts.ProceduralAbstractShape:OnUpdateEditor()
ProceduralParts.ProceduralPart:InitializeNodes()
ProceduralParts.ProceduralPart:DoInitialize()
ProceduralParts.ProceduralPart:OnInitialize()
Part:InitializeModules()
ShipConstruct:LoadShip(ConfigNode)
ShipConstruction:LoadShip()
EditorLogic:StartEditor(Boolean)
<Start>c__Iterator30:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6040ikiryzg8qog/2017-06-07-1 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

@Svetoch On CKAN, Ground Construction has Ground Construction Core listed as a dependency, and will refuse to install without it. This is also an issue with @RoverDude's USI Kolonization Systems, which has Ground Construction Core listed as a dependency. Till it's fixed, just install them both manually from their download links on the forums, which you can also easily find through CKAN.

On 5/24/2017 at 3:31 AM, juanml82 said:

Hi, it's not letting me launch a vessel. Here's a screenshot

tqIqO9P.png

There is nothing in the debug console and I have no idea what may be causing it. The "Launch" button is in red

Sorry for the late response, your post has drawn.

The on-screen message you see is indeed confusing and I will change it, but the essence of it is that the Kit is still packed (outside of physics range). Exactly why is it still packed in this screenshot is a mistery to me.

Oh, and the Launch button is always red. Because it's an irreversible action.

1 hour ago, allista said:

Sorry for the late response, your post has drawn.

The on-screen message you see is indeed confusing and I will change it, but the essence of it is that the Kit is still packed (outside of physics range). Exactly why is it still packed in this screenshot is a mistery to me.

Oh, and the Launch button is always red. Because it's an irreversible action.

Well, at this point, no idea. I've just hyperedited a copy of the ship I was building to the Mun's orbit and deleted the kit

I've only skimmed/searched through the thread so I may have missed it, but can someone explain how orientation in the VAB or SPH translates to orientation onsite? I'm having issues building base extensions and getting them facing the way I want. 

37 minutes ago, Blue Kae said:

I've only skimmed/searched through the thread so I may have missed it, but can someone explain how orientation in the VAB or SPH translates to orientation onsite? I'm having issues building base extensions and getting them facing the way I want. 

It should translate exactly: the way you see it in VAB or SPH is the way it is spawned (using the exact same code that KSP uses to spawn on launchpad/runaway).

If it doesn't, please, give some screenshots and share .craft file + list of required mods for me to test it.

Edited by allista