[1.9-1.10] Global Construction

allista

No bugs to report, but a suggestion. The SpaceCrane is pretty over-powered for its current science outlay. Currently it's sitting at 45 science, and has multiple aspects that are more suited for the 550 tier.

2000EC, built in and very strong RCS thrusters, a built in fuel-cell, the fuel storage to run said fuel-cell, perfect node control, the list goes on. I like the part, in and of itself, it's just unbalanced as placed.

9 hours ago, TachyonGMZ said:

Can you stack lets say 5 diy kits and choose what they are and save it as a ship then make a diy kit that build the diy stack so you get 5 diy kits out of one?

I don't believe so.  I have explosions when a DIY kit is built by GC so you can't store a DIY kit in a DIY kit.  Havibg one craft that has seveal DIY kits is fine though. 

Peace.

• 4 weeks later...

So I am not sure what has happened since i tested constructing this craft on Kerbin, but i am now trying to launch the DIY kit on Duna and as soon as it loads in, the game crashes. Originally this was caused by some of my colony modules that had launch clamps attached to them. This craft is only made of USI Ranger parts that would be resting on the ground so i am not sure what might be causing the issue this time.

error log

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RKr3_1OAIIGKoj8mB36wnWBkBrwpWuZ6/view?usp=sharing

output log

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RYUTikzVADnHd4ZhjpwRYFGS4AloZWf1/view?usp=sharing

any help would be great

Edited by theUkie
Just thought of something does the orientation that the craft loads in make a difference? I noticed that for some reason this craft was not loading horizontally but vertically when unpacking.

• 2 weeks later...

I took a break from working on the Thermonuclear 1.3.1 update to make a stock-alike-ish Ground Construction Workshop. I'm still playing with the textures. Combines one of my fixed up junk models with two Hitchhiker models.

6vFkmqR.png

Edited by Eskandare

On 1/20/2018 at 3:29 AM, brusura said:

Any chance to be able to select the vessel after? I want to build an empty DIY container on my minmus base already up and running with OSE workshop.

That seems pretty unbalanced to me, as that would let you ship out a cheap and light-weight empty DIY Container, then select the vessel once you are at your destination, making it a much larger and heavier DIY Kit with a much hither price-tag.

(Some of the bases I have designed fold up into kits that are too large for me to even get into orbit without researching larger engines).

With OSE Workshop, I fond that putting the largest available(but empty) storage container on a basic self-sustaining base and putting the whole thing into a DIY kit, I can then make most(all?) of the additional bits I want to add to my base using OSE Workshop.(including 3.75m Tundra parts from USI MKS, and the 3.75m nuclear reactor to be filled from the nuclear fuel processor I also built with OSE)

(I admit, I did up the limits of KAS quite a bit, but mostly for convenience, as I have ~ 40 kerbals in my base(mostly kolonists) and I have yet to try to move anything more than 20t)

38 minutes ago, Terwin said:

That seems pretty unbalanced to me, as that would let you ship out a cheap and light-weight empty DIY Container, then select the vessel once you are at your destination, making it a much larger and heavier DIY Kit with a much hither price-tag.

Nope, not asking for this, when I select the vessel at my destination, all the resource could be taken from my base instead of magical take them from VAB on Kerbin

Edited by brusura

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a weird issue and wanted to ask if anyone knows what's happening. I'm using the version of GC that comes with MKS, and while the DIY kit is being worked on the number of required material kits will jump after each individual part is constructed. The result is that the DIY kit ends up consuming many times the number of material kits that it says it needs initially, and I often run out before it's done.

Here's some screenshots showing the problem. I start out with more than enough material kits, but every time it finishes a part the total required number of material kits jumps upward.

Album Z3jmH will appear when post is submitted

Spoiler

SDDpeoU.jpg

tUyowN9.jpg

hIIMfKf.jpg

hk3ZLuA.jpg

11 hours ago, BadOaks said:

I'm having a weird issue and wanted to ask if anyone knows what's happening. I'm using the version of GC that comes with MKS, and while the DIY kit is being worked on the number of required material kits will jump after each individual part is constructed. The result is that the DIY kit ends up consuming many times the number of material kits that it says it needs initially, and I often run out before it's done.

Here's some screenshots showing the problem. I start out with more than enough material kits, but every time it finishes a part the total required number of material kits jumps upward.

Could it be that it's showing you the MKs required for the particular part being constructed, not the total?  I'm not saying it's right but it could explain the different MK requirements.

I don't think so... if that were the case I think the "MK required" would go to zero as each part gets finished, but that's not what's happening.

My best guess at the moment is that maybe the mod just consumes MKs at a constant rate based on how many MKs should be needed and how long the part will take to construct, and it ticks down the number of MKs required as they're consumed, and then re-calculates the number after finishing each part based on overall progress. And somehow in my game the rate that it's consuming MKs is much higher than it should be without actually affecting the speed of construction, so you end up with the "MK required" number ticking down and after finishing a part you get a situation where "MK required" is at 50% of initial, but construction is only 30% done, so it bumps the required number back up to 70% of initial.

Edited by BadOaks

17 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Could it be that it's showing you the MKs required for the particular part being constructed, not the total?  I'm not saying it's right but it could explain the different MK requirements.

That should be easy to check, just look at the DIY kit before you deploy it, as it should list the total number of kits required, then check to see what it says in the 'Requires' field when you start building.

4 hours ago, Terwin said:

That should be easy to check, just look at the DIY kit before you deploy it, as it should list the total number of kits required, then check to see what it says in the 'Requires' field when you start building.

It says "Kit Res: 2905.1 u". That's also the number it starts at when construction begins.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a bit of a problem with GC crashing to desktop when deploying a completed DIYKit. I've tried deploying from the MKS workshop that built it, and by having an engineer fly over and manually deploy it, both do the exact same thing.

It gets the "Launching" message across the top of my screen, as expected, the finished vessel spawns, and then KSP crashes to desktop with an "Oops" dialog box. KSP works just fine until I try to deploy the kit, so I'm assuming it's either something on my machine (it's not exactly beefy) or the mod, and I need expert eyes.

Current mods list:

KSP: 1.3.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit
000_AT_Utils - 1.5
USI Tools - 0.10.1
Community Category Kit - 2.0.2
Community Resource Pack - 0.8
ConfigurableContainers - 2.4.1.1
Firespitter - 7.6
GroundConstruction - 1.2.1
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.3
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.3
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.9.6571.274
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
SCANsat - 1.1.7.6
StageRecovery - 1.7.2
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.5
USI Core - 0.5
Konstruction - 0.3
USI-LS - 0.7
MKS - 0.53
Waypoint Manager - 2.7
OSE Workshop - 1.2.3
[x] Science! - 5.7

The only one not absolutely up to date, according to AVC anyways, is ConfigurableContainers, and I'm 90 percent certain the kit being deployed doesn't have anything from that mod anyways.

Help me Kerbal-wan Kernobi, you're my only hopes! At least for continuing to use DIYKits.

Edited by Onigato
Forgot to add the output file

On 3/5/2018 at 5:53 AM, Onigato said:

I'm having a bit of a problem with GC crashing to desktop when deploying a completed DIYKit. I've tried deploying from the MKS workshop that built it, and by having an engineer fly over and manually deploy it, both do the exact same thing.

It gets the "Launching" message across the top of my screen, as expected, the finished vessel spawns, and then KSP crashes to desktop with an "Oops" dialog box. KSP works just fine until I try to deploy the kit, so I'm assuming it's either something on my machine (it's not exactly beefy) or the mod, and I need expert eyes.

Unfortunately I'm experiencing the same issue.

I used Ground Construction a lot in my current playthrough. It's growing on me.

• "GC lander Mondo Lander" is the DIY box part. 
  • "Munbase Logistics annex" is the craft inside the DIY box.

Here's a snippit of my output_log.txt (right before the stack trace, etc.):

3/10/2018 6:03:33 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Vessel Change from 'Konstruction Kraft 2' to 'Munbase Logistics annex'
Unpacking Munbase Outpost Beta
ReCoupler: FlightReCoupler: onVesselGoOffRails: Munbase Outpost Beta
ReCoupler: FlightReCoupler: generateJoints: Munbase Logistics annex
Unpacking old base annex
ReCoupler: FlightReCoupler: onVesselGoOffRails: old base annex
Unpacking Munbase Station
ReCoupler: FlightReCoupler: onVesselGoOffRails: Munbase Station
Unpacking Mun Silo 1
ReCoupler: FlightReCoupler: onVesselGoOffRails: Mun Silo 1
[GC lander Mondo Lander]: ground contact! - error. Moving Vessel  up Infinitym
Unpacking GC lander Mondo Lander
ReCoupler: FlightReCoupler: onVesselGoOffRails: GC lander Mondo Lander
Unpacking Konstruction Kraft 2
ReCoupler: FlightReCoupler: onVesselGoOffRails: Konstruction Kraft 2
3/10/2018 6:03:34 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Removing DrawGUI from PostRender Queue
recalculating orbit for DIYKit (GC lander Mondo Lander): Mun ( Update mode TRACK_Phys )
rPos: [38023.4437886402, 404.100547730923, -1295411.91456546]   rVel: [23.1489760270255, 0, 0.679477916507696] |23.1589460325556|
recalculated orbit for DIYKit (GC lander Mondo Lander): Sun ( UT: 33670709.1981182 )
rPos: [Infinity, Infinity, -Infinity]   rVel: [NaN, NaN, NaN] |NaN|
Delta: [NaN, NaN, NaN] / [NaN, NaN, NaN]
Crash!!!

More log-stuff is posted on my Google Drive here:

• Munbase Logistics annex.craft (craft inside the DIY box)
  • output_log.txt
  • error.txt
  • crash.dmp
  • modlist.txt
Edited by Teslamax
reorder content, list files stored on Google Drive relevant to error

On 3/10/2018 at 10:00 AM, Teslamax said:

Unfortunately I'm experiencing the same issue.

I used Ground Construction a lot in my current playthrough. It's growing on me.

• "GC lander Mondo Lander" is the DIY box part. 
  • "Munbase Logistics annex" is the craft inside the DIY box.

Here's a snippit of my output_log.txt (right before the stack trace, etc.):

3/10/2018 6:03:33 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Vessel Change from 'Konstruction Kraft 2' to 'Munbase Logistics annex'
Unpacking Munbase Outpost Beta
ReCoupler: FlightReCoupler: onVesselGoOffRails: Munbase Outpost Beta
ReCoupler: FlightReCoupler: generateJoints: Munbase Logistics annex
Unpacking old base annex
ReCoupler: FlightReCoupler: onVesselGoOffRails: old base annex
Unpacking Munbase Station
ReCoupler: FlightReCoupler: onVesselGoOffRails: Munbase Station
Unpacking Mun Silo 1
ReCoupler: FlightReCoupler: onVesselGoOffRails: Mun Silo 1
[GC lander Mondo Lander]: ground contact! - error. Moving Vessel  up Infinitym
Unpacking GC lander Mondo Lander
ReCoupler: FlightReCoupler: onVesselGoOffRails: GC lander Mondo Lander
Unpacking Konstruction Kraft 2
ReCoupler: FlightReCoupler: onVesselGoOffRails: Konstruction Kraft 2
3/10/2018 6:03:34 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Removing DrawGUI from PostRender Queue
recalculating orbit for DIYKit (GC lander Mondo Lander): Mun ( Update mode TRACK_Phys )
rPos: [38023.4437886402, 404.100547730923, -1295411.91456546]   rVel: [23.1489760270255, 0, 0.679477916507696] |23.1589460325556|
recalculated orbit for DIYKit (GC lander Mondo Lander): Sun ( UT: 33670709.1981182 )
rPos: [Infinity, Infinity, -Infinity]   rVel: [NaN, NaN, NaN] |NaN|
Crash!!!

More log-stuff is posted on my Google Drive here:

• Munbase Logistics annex.craft (craft inside the DIY box)
  • output_log.txt
  • error.txt
  • crash.dmp
  • modlist.txt

I am getting this exact same error.  Spent a ton of time constructing a surface base and as soon as i deploy the game crashes.

**Update** I modified my craft and appears the issue is no longer occurring.  I had a couple landing legs that were too low and were clipping into the ground... not sure this was the cause but I moved them up and tried again and it worked.

Unpacking Mun Surface Workshop

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[Surface Base Deployer Lander]: ground contact! - error. Moving Vessel  up Infinitym

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Unpacking Surface Base Deployer Lander

3/16/2018 9:11:35 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Removing DrawGUI from PostRender Queue

recalculating orbit for DIYKit (Surface Base Deployer Lander): Mun ( Update mode TRACK_Phys )
rPos: [-40334.1653593425, 1239.00828800225, 199995.812449295]   rVel: [-9.04138134983461, 0, -1.82342103054563] |9.22341807399909|

recalculated orbit for DIYKit (Surface Base Deployer Lander): Sun ( UT: 91850459.4095412 )
rPos: [-Infinity, Infinity, Infinity]   rVel: [NaN, NaN, NaN] |NaN|

[CurrencyConverter for Patents Licensing]: 0 Science taken, yields 0 Funds

[CurrencyConverter for Patents Licensing]: 0 Science taken, yields 0 Funds

Crash!!!

Edited by Basto
update

Hey there.

I´m having a problem with the DIY kit. I cant load a vessel into it. I place the kit in the VAB/SPH i click on "Select vessel" and I get a list of my crafts. Whenever I chose a craft and click load, nothing happens, my crafts window still there and nothing loaded.

Anyone know whats happening?

On 3/19/2018 at 1:48 PM, korniton said:

Hey there.

I´m having a problem with the DIY kit. I cant load a vessel into it. I place the kit in the VAB/SPH i click on "Select vessel" and I get a list of my crafts. Whenever I chose a craft and click load, nothing happens, my crafts window still there and nothing loaded.

Anyone know whats happening?

For that we need to see the output_log.txt. Share it using gdrive or the likes, please.

@Onigato, @Teslamax, @Basto this is a hard issue, for as you can see, the error occurs inside KSP's main code that fails (for reasons unknown) to recalculate the orbit of the launched vessel. The workaround with landing legs points to problem with colliders and Unity's physics engine that, apparently, generates infinite forces or something.

I thank you for the saves you provided, this will allow me to try to invent some fix for GC.

Meanwhile, I can only recommend to move the kit a little using HyperEdit or direct save editing.

On 2/17/2018 at 12:10 PM, BadOaks said:

Reveal hidden contents

SDDpeoU.jpg

tUyowN9.jpg

hIIMfKf.jpg

hk3ZLuA.jpg

Looks like a bug, but I can't pinpoint it looking at the code. Could you share your save so that I could look inside the DIYKit's config?

8 hours ago, allista said:

For that we need to see the output_log.txt. Share it using gdrive or the likes, please.

Thats the log. I have no idea what it means. Thats what I get once I try to load.

[EXC 22:03:01.345] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'PreFlightCheck.RunTests'.
    KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog.onPipelineFinished (.ConfigNode n, KSP.UI.Screens.CraftEntry sItem, LoadType loadType)
    KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog+<pipeSelectedItem>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (.ConfigNode n)
    KSPUpgradePipeline.Process (.ConfigNode n, System.String saveName, LoadContext loadContext, .Callback`1 onSucceed, .Callback`2 onFail)
    KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog.pipeSelectedItem (KSP.UI.Screens.CraftEntry sItem, LoadType loadType)
    KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog.onButtonLoad ()
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke ()
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press ()
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

12 hours ago, allista said:

@Onigato, @Teslamax, @Basto this is a hard issue, for as you can see, the error occurs inside KSP's main code that fails (for reasons unknown) to recalculate the orbit of the launched vessel. The workaround with landing legs points to problem with colliders and Unity's physics engine that, apparently, generates infinite forces or something.

I thank you for the saves you provided, this will allow me to try to invent some fix for GC.

Meanwhile, I can only recommend to move the kit a little using HyperEdit or direct save editing.

May you gain the use of Skuld's bug-hammer in tracking this thing down. I'll have to try launching the original copy back at the runway and hyperediting it into place. C'est le vie.

10 hours ago, korniton said:

Thats the log. I have no idea what it means. Thats what I get once I try to load.

[EXC 22:03:01.345] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'PreFlightCheck.RunTests'.
    KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog.onPipelineFinished (.ConfigNode n, KSP.UI.Screens.CraftEntry sItem, LoadType loadType)
    KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog+<pipeSelectedItem>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (.ConfigNode n)
    KSPUpgradePipeline.Process (.ConfigNode n, System.String saveName, LoadContext loadContext, .Callback`1 onSucceed, .Callback`2 onFail)
    KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog.pipeSelectedItem (KSP.UI.Screens.CraftEntry sItem, LoadType loadType)
    KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog.onButtonLoad ()
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke ()
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press ()
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Are you trying to use GC with KSP-1.4?

It's not yet compatible.