[1.9-1.10] Global Construction

allista

2 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Hmm, does the crash occurs everytime you load a vessel into the kit?

Also, any outdated mods?

1) yes it happens for all craft files, even the simplest one (pod+fuel tank+engine)

2) I have Nova Punch that is nominally 1.3 compatible, but it is just a parts pack...

1 hour ago, Maraz said:

1) yes it happens for all craft files, even the simplest one (pod+fuel tank+engine)

2) I have Nova Punch that is nominally 1.3 compatible, but it is just a parts pack...

Can you delete nova punch and try again?

Or delete and reinstall ground construction and its dependencies.

12 hours ago, Maraz said:

Hello, while trying to build a DIY kit by loading a vessel ftom the DIY kit part, I am getting this error:

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'PreFlightCheck.RunTests'.
  at KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog.onPipelineFinished (.ConfigNode n, KSP.UI.Screens.CraftEntry sItem, LoadType loadType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog+<pipeSelectedItem>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (.ConfigNode n) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSPUpgradePipeline.Process (.ConfigNode n, System.String saveName, LoadContext loadContext, .Callback`1 onSucceed, .Callback`2 onFail) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog.pipeSelectedItem (KSP.UI.Screens.CraftEntry sItem, LoadType loadType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog.onButtonLoad () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

KSP 1.4.3 plus a bunch of other mods:

Any idea about the problem ?

Thanks

First of all, I see several different ModuleManager.dll -- that's bad; install the latest and keep only one .dll of MM.
Second, what version of GC and AT_Utils do you have. This exception often arises as KSP changes its API from version to version. Try to reinstall GC from SpaceDock (it already has AT_Utils included).

26 minutes ago, allista said:

First of all, I see several different ModuleManager.dll -- that's bad; install the latest and keep only one .dll of MM.
Second, what version of GC and AT_Utils do you have. This exception often arises as KSP changes its API from version to version. Try to reinstall GC from SpaceDock (it already has AT_Utils included).

Hello, different versions of MM should not be a problem, it says that only the last one is used:

"The DLL name contain the version number, and even with 2 version present only the newest will run. This makes install of addons using it easier since you don't have to check date on the file when overwriting it."

I did download the GC mod yesterday from SpaceDock, and it is one of the last mods I installed (perhaps I installed Stockalike Station Parts Redux after it, I do not remember well). I have CRP 0.10.0.0 ( installed via MKS 0.55.0.0).

Which file should contain method 'PreFlightCheck.RunTests' ? Is this a stock method, or is it part of this mod ?

EDIT: I just remembered I also installed "Hangar Extended" mod... this might be the problem, this mod is
not working (although it is said to be compatible with 1.4.3).

Edited by Maraz

1 minute ago, Maraz said:

Hello, different versions of MM should not be a problem, it says that only the last one is used:

"The DLL name contain the version number, and even with 2 version present only the newest will run. This makes install of addons using it easier since you don't have to check date on the file when overwriting it."

I did download the GC mod yesterday from SpaceDock, and it is one of the last mods I installed (perhaps I installed Stockalike Station Parts Redux after it, I do not remember well). I have CRP 0.10.0.0 ( installed via MKS 0.55.0.0).

Which file should contain method 'PreFlightCheck.RunTests' ? Is this a stock method, or is it part of this mod ?

Ok, but the older dlls are still loaded, eating resources. Nevermind.

It's stock, but its signature has apparently changed at some point. Still, as others do not have the problem, I argue that something's wrong with the installation. Something trivial, I'd say.

Share the KSP_Data/output_log.txt, please.

28 minutes ago, allista said:

I argue that something's wrong with the installation. Something trivial, I'd say.

Ahhhh.... I just saw that the MKS install contains an outdated version of your mod.
So I have a double install of two different versions. That should be the problem. This evening I will try deleting the GC folder from the MKS folder and retry.
Thanks for your patience.

3 minutes ago, Tabris said:

@Maraz,

if your using MKS you don't need to install Ground Construction as a "trimmed down" version is already bundled in the install

Except that MKS haven't updated its bundled GC yet.

Just now, mike5brown said:

What was trimmed out of the MKS install of GC?

ISRU patch and all the parts but the DIY Kit itself.

MKS provides its own resource conversion path and its own workshops.

Teaser! Teaser!

Orbital Assembly Line (sketch)

TornSpecificAmazondolphin-size_restricte

I have now solved my installation problems, thanks.

How can I estimate the amount of MaterialKits (I have MKS) and time needed to build the kit (assuming unit efficiency for the workshop)?
I see the following info:

Kit Cost: 62869.9 F

Kit Work: 684.2 SKH

Kit Res: 25797.9 u

So I guess it is 684.2 hours and 25797.9 MaterialKits ?

Edited by Maraz

11 hours ago, Maraz said:

I have now solved my installation problems, thanks.

How can I estimate the amount of MaterialKits (I have MKS) and time needed to build the kit (assuming unit efficiency for the workshop)?
I see the following info:

Kit Cost: 62869.9 F

Kit Work: 684.2 SKH

Kit Res: 25797.9 u

So I guess it is 684.2 hours and 25797.9 MaterialKits ?

Almost.

It's indeed 25797.9 MK, but 
(684.2/sum_over_kerbals_in_workshop(engineer_level)*workshop_efficiency*distance_modifier) hours
where distance_modifier is [0, 1] <= [300m to kit, 50m to kit]

Hello,

I saw earlier were the DIY kits would not allow the vessel to be loaded, but I didn't see any resolution. I have the same problem and others relating to Ground Construction that is packaged with MKS.

1. First the DIY kits do not allow vessels to be loaded, they have the button and it opens the dialog but does nothing when clicked so you just have to cancel. The same problem is on the GitHub bugs #1389.

2. The workshops do not allow the creation of small parts like I saw on Justin Brights videos, like solar panels, etc. I don't know if this is a standard feature for GC or maybe from MKS, but it doesn't work for me.

I have loaded the most up to date Ground Construction mod but then the icon disappears on the main page and while the DIY kit is in the VAB it doesn't have the load button anymore, other than that the game loads/runs fine. The current GC is 1.3 and the one in the MKS pack is 1.2.0 I believe. So I did delete the GC loaded by MKS and installed the newest GC mod but got the issues above, either I get the load button and toolbar icon from the MKS GC or if loading the newest the icon disappears but the DIY kit is still in the VAB but is missing the load button. I'm just running EL modified for MaterialKits now to have the offworld construction enabled but  I prefer the GC/MKS chains and workshops.

Any suggestions are welcome, thanks in advance for your help.

https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/issues/1389

49 minutes ago, crypsis45 said:

2. The workshops do not allow the creation of small parts like I saw on Justin Brights videos, like solar panels, etc. I don't know if this is a standard feature for GC or maybe from MKS, but it doesn't work for me.

That's another mod entirely, OSE Workshops:

10 hours ago, crypsis45 said:

Hello,

OK, thanks, I'll add that one, but the GC still doesn't work.

1. MKS still bundles an old GC version that is not compatible with KSP 1.4+

2. GC does not work like this; it's meant to be used to build vessels, not separate to parts.

@Critter79606 and others who are playing with the latest night build.

I want to ask you to test something specific: in particular, if you have some old saves that use GC stable (which have DIY kits in flight, and under construction), please, check that they're not broken by the latest version.

When I'm sure it's backwards compatible, I'll release the 2.0 as it is now, so as not to keep things too long under the hood.

Edited by allista

On 6/7/2018 at 2:01 AM, allista said:

1. MKS still bundles an old GC version that is not compatible with KSP 1.4+

2. GC does not work like this; it's meant to be used to build vessels, not separate to parts.

@Critter79606 and others who are playing with the latest night build.

I want to ask you to test something specific: in particular, if you have some old saves that use GC stable (which have DIY kits in flight, and under construction), please, check that they're not broken by the latest version.

When I'm sure it's backwards compatible, I'll release the 2.0 as it is now, so as not to keep things too long under the hood.

Hello,

It was a new game so I was just starting everything up, I did update the GC that MKS installed that is when I had the problems described earlier where the icon and button to load vessels disappeared. I installed the OSB Workshop for parts building like suggested in the last post. Thanks for your help.

Hello,

I have a little problem with GC (from USI/MKS) - everything grows extremly large (like 10x the true size), so I have to move it very very far, which gives penalty because any closer would explode the base - it can swallow the entire base which is larger than what I am constructing.

Second problem is that it grows into the ground and then jumps to the air, but I have already found out that WorldStabilizer can mitigate this. I have uninstalled it, becase I have installed Kerbal Joint Reinforcement (beta because of Infernal Robotics). The description of KJR suggested it does the same job, but doesn't, so I am installing WS again.

It is not that big problem when using WS, I just have to move it far far away and pay the penalty, but it can be used.

...any idea? Mods:

Spoiler

StationPartsExpansionRedux
ConfigurableContainers-Core
BasicOrbit
KerbalAlarmClock
ManeuverNodeEvolved
kOS
GroundConstruction-Core
FlexibleDocking
EVAStruts
CapCom
EasyVesselSwitch
TrackingStationEvolved
SCANsat
DockingPortAlignmentIndicator
REPOSoftTech-Agencies
ModuleManager
AmpYearPowerManager
CriticalTemperatureGauge
ProgressParser
StationScienceContinued
DMagicOrbitalScience
ContractParser
WaypointManager
BetterBurnTime
ZeroMiniAVC
USI-Core
UKS
Konstruction
CommunityResourcePack
USITools
CommunityCategoryKit
B9PartSwitch
USI-LS
xScience
HideEmptyTechNodes
FirespitterCore
CommunityTechTree
KSPRescuePodFix
ContractConfigurator-CleverSats
ContractConfigurator-FieldResearch
KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems
ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation
ContractConfigurator-Tourism
AT-Utils
BasicDeltaV
NearFutureProps
TooManyOrbits
USI-FTT
BetterCrewAssignment
ContractConfigurator-KerbalAcademy
ContractConfigurator
VABReorienter
KAS
KIS
USI-ART
WorldStabilizer

idkfN94.jpg

Edited by firda
picture

10 hours ago, firda said:

Hello,

I have a little problem with GC (from USI/MKS) - everything grows extremly large (like 10x the true size), so I have to move it very very far, which gives penalty because any closer would explode the base - it can swallow the entire base which is larger than what I am constructing.

Second problem is that it grows into the ground and then jumps to the air, but I have already found out that WorldStabilizer can mitigate this. I have uninstalled it, becase I have installed Kerbal Joint Reinforcement (beta because of Infernal Robotics). The description of KJR suggested it does the same job, but doesn't, so I am installing WS again.

It is not that big problem when using WS, I just have to move it far far away and pay the penalty, but it can be used.

...any idea?

It's the stock RadialDrill part (the big yellow one); its model is completely messed up so its size is calculated somewhat like [3m x 54m x 68m].

I've already addressed the issue and it will be fixed in the upcoming release. I'll also update the MKS-bundled version of GC.

Edit: if by any chance you don't have the RadialDrill as a part of the vessel inside that huge box, this meas that some other parts have the same problem; if so, we'll need to find them by elimination, so that I could also include their names in configs.

Edited by allista

Version 2.0.0.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.3

Released on 2018-06-15

Ground Construction 2 - Independence Day!

I can't stress this enough: !!! BACK UP YOUR SAVES !!!

• DIY Kits can now be created on other planets.
    • To build a new kit you'll need the Ground Assembly Line (a new part that you'll have to build from a DIY Kit brought from Kerbin) and a supply of Material Kits.
    • The Assembly Line will first (painfully slow) convert Material Kits to Specialized Parts.
    • Then you can select either a vessel from VAB/SPH, or a subassembly, and build a new DIY Kit using Specialized Parts, Electric Charge and kerbal engineers with Construction Skill.
    • The new kit is then spawned inside the Assembly Line and pushed out. At the top it has a place (marked by a small metal plate at the center) where any stock docking port can couple, so you can use it to grab the kit and transport it elsewhere.
    • Unlike kits produced on Kerbin (in Editor), off-world kits have NO recourses included. None at all. So, for example, if you build a nuclear reactor kit, on Kerbit it will include the radioactive fuel; but anywhere else you will have to find and transfer the fuel yourself.
  • REMOVED workshop functionality from generic crewable parts.
    • This means that all non-GC/non-MKS parts will stop work as workshops. If a base relies on them, you need to build the Mobile Workshop there before installing GC2. Or you can copy MM patch from GC1 after the installation.
    • On the bright side, there's a new Inline Ground Workshop part that has better efficiency than most of the generic workshops.
  • Fixed the deployment of a kit in a time warp; the kit doesn't jump into the air afterwards anymore.
  • Fixed the issue with determining the proper size of the stock RadialDrill.

Download 

1 hour ago, allista said:

It's the stock RadialDrill part (the big yellow one); its model is completely messed up so its size is calculated somewhat like [3m x 54m x 68m].

I've already addressed the issue and it will be fixed in the upcoming release. I'll also update the MKS-bundled version of GC.

Edit: if by any chance you don't have the RadialDrill as a part of the vessel inside that huge box, this meas that some other parts have the same problem; if so, we'll need to find them by elimination, so that I could also include their names in configs.

Ahh, the drills, thanks for the info, I will deliver them separately next time.

10 minutes ago, allista said:

DIY Kits can now be created on other planets.

AWESOME!

BTW, finished product:

qivU7oE.png

...I will disassemble the SkyCrane and the probe on it, this was just delivery of the Material Kits (tank, storage and flexible docks will stay).
The left-most part will ship the fuel up to Mun Station for further use.

6 hours ago, allista said:

Ground Construction 2 - Independence Day!

That construction kit assembler is awesome!

Just a quick question, what is the upgrade path wrt MKS? Should I just wait for MKS to be updated ?

16 minutes ago, invultri said:

That construction kit assembler is awesome!

Just a quick question, what is the upgrade path wrt MKS? Should I just wait for MKS to be updated ?

Yea, I've made a pull request to MKS repo to include the new GC. It won't have the Mobile Workshop or Inline Workshop, but the Assembly Line will be there. Just give @RoverDude some time.