allista

[1.4.5] Global Construction

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Planetary Construction?  Interplanetary, Galactic, Universal??

"Space Engineer"?

Or maybe:

"Allista's Space Construction"-"ASC"

Edited by Urses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Planetary Construction?  Interplanetary, Galactic, Universal??

1 minute ago, Urses said:

"Space Engineer"?

I would like  to retain the acronym, but Galactic is too bold for KSP :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Urses said:

"Space Engineer"?

Isn't that already another game entirely?  Doesn't mean it can't be used inside KSP, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, allista said:

I would like  to retain the acronym, but Galactic is too bold for KSP :) 

Ninjaed on edit:D

For acronym:

"Global Construction"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Urses said:

Ninjaed on edit:D

For acronym:

"Global Construction"?

That was my original proposal :cool:

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, allista said:

That was my original proposal :cool:

Or be a little conceited?

"Genius Constraction" :cool:

The idea was genius!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd probably go with 'General Construction' once it is no longer ground specific.

Hmm, it seems that the image of the recently released package is corrupted or missing, but congratulations anyway.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

General Construction.  That way you dont have to change the references.

And congrats on the baby girl.  Welcome to Club NoSleep for the next several months.:D

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

General Construction.  That way you dont have to change the references.

And congrats on the baby girl.  Welcome to Club NoSleep for the next several months.:D

 

 

Several months...  You must have gotten very lucky :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

Several months...  You must have gotten very lucky :D

And as it is a girl, a father have no sleep untill she is married....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Urses said:

And as it is a girl, a father have no sleep untill she is married....

I was lucky enough to have a son, though that has it's own headaches.  I remember what I was like as a teenager...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nergal8617 said:

I was lucky enough to have a son, though that has it's own headaches.  I remember what I was like as a teenager...

Thanks god we don't have to tell our offsprings what we have done....

If i sometimes look back i have mostly 2 big questions in reply...

1. Where from came all the "criminal" energy.

2. How i managed to survive all this i did?

It is a old russian saying:

Kids and Drunk have theyr own guardian angel.

Looks possible...:wink:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could use some help with a crash I'm getting when launching a base once construction has completed.  From the log files it looks like it's failing when trying to adjust the final position:

Quote

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

recalculating orbit for DIYKit (Minmus Colony Kit Lander): Minmus ( Update mode TRACK_Phys )
rPos: [57634.7806538194, -15799.8600860797, -5492.51353551447]   rVel: [0.854219810540335, 0, 8.9636140343217] |9.0042250105719|

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

recalculated orbit for DIYKit (Minmus Colony Kit Lander): Sun ( UT: 44140678.6038719 )
rPos: [Infinity, -Infinity, -Infinity]   rVel: [NaN, NaN, NaN] |NaN|
Delta: [NaN, NaN, NaN] / [NaN, NaN, NaN]
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Crash!!!
 

Full log file is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/unso1wys7sixmlf/output_log.txt?dl=0

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Blue Kae said:

I could use some help with a crash I'm getting when launching a base once construction has completed.  From the log files it looks like it's failing when trying to adjust the final position:

Full log file is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/unso1wys7sixmlf/output_log.txt?dl=0

This is weird, because the kit should be landed when you build it and launch it's content. So orbit recalculation (done by KSP, not by GC) should not take place at all.

I'll check the full log, thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found a solution to weld rooted parts. Engineer on EVA can detach the port, then reattach it to same part. Afterwards the port is no longer a root part. Requires KAS obviously.

I should tell you that I am struggling also with a second issue: construction ports and stock docking ports often do not dock together. No magnetic force. No hard seal. Just does not stick. I am not yet sure if that is a real bug or just me being an idiot unable to dock straight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, agrock said:

Found a solution to weld rooted parts. Engineer on EVA can detach the port, then reattach it to same part. Afterwards the port is no longer a root part. Requires KAS obviously.

I should tell you that I am struggling also with a second issue: construction ports and stock docking ports often do not dock together. No magnetic force. No hard seal. Just does not stick. I am not yet sure if that is a real bug or just me being an idiot unable to dock straight. 

Does it belongs to GC or to MKS? :) I don't remember any issues with the root parts :confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, agrock said:

I should tell you that I am struggling also with a second issue: construction ports and stock docking ports often do not dock together. No magnetic force. No hard seal. Just does not stick. I am not yet sure if that is a real bug or just me being an idiot unable to dock straight.

Construction port issues should be in RoverDude's Konstruction! thread.  To answer your issue however, stock ports and construction ports don't work together, i.e you can't dock a stock port to a construction port.

Edited by Nergal8617
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those belong to Konstruction (Umbra). I have 80+ installed mods so please forgive my confusion. :D

 

1 hour ago, Nergal8617 said:

Construction port issues should be in RoverDude's Konstruction! thread.  To answer your issue however, stock ports and construction ports don't work together, i.e you can't dock a stock port to a construction port.

Thank you for explaining. Would it be possible to dock a medium sized port with senior sized port? Stock or Konstruction alike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, agrock said:

Thank you for explaining. Would it be possible to dock a medium sized port with senior sized port? Stock or Konstruction alike.

No, the port sizes need to match or it's not going to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will there be, or is there, some way of using GC to extend existing ground bases? As in, build a new module so it's attached to the base by default, without any need to move it around and dock.

I've been looking for a way to do that, since I want to extend bases in-situ but I want them to be attached to the ground with pylons and such AND attached to the base with rigid corridors, not elastic tubes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MarethyuGamer said:

Will there be, or is there, some way of using GC to extend existing ground bases? As in, build a new module so it's attached to the base by default, without any need to move it around and dock.

I've been looking for a way to do that, since I want to extend bases in-situ but I want them to be attached to the ground with pylons and such AND attached to the base with rigid corridors, not elastic tubes.

No, GC is not able to do that, and I fail to estimate the amount of work required to implement it. The nearest I can imagine is a strut-like connection (e.g. KAS tubes) that is wide enough to act like a corridor. I don't know if MKS elastic tubes act like this, or if they stay elastic after attachment. In any case the solution would have to be post-spawn; or you could simply use KIS too grow your base part-by-part. The first and foremost reason is the real terrain we have in KSP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, MarethyuGamer said:

I've been looking for a way to do that, since I want to extend bases in-situ but I want them to be attached to the ground with pylons and such AND attached to the base with rigid corridors, not elastic tubes.

I've always found attaching bases to the ground to be a bad idea, it tends to invite the Kraken since your vessel can and will move a little(up to half a meter if I remember correctly) every time it loads.  Which is one of the reasons I like building bases on Minmus out on the Great Flats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, MarethyuGamer said:

Will there be, or is there, some way of using GC to extend existing ground bases? As in, build a new module so it's attached to the base by default, without any need to move it around and dock.

I've been looking for a way to do that, since I want to extend bases in-situ but I want them to be attached to the ground with pylons and such AND attached to the base with rigid corridors, not elastic tubes.

 

30 minutes ago, allista said:

No, GC is not able to do that, and I fail to estimate the amount of work required to implement it. The nearest I can imagine is a strut-like connection (e.g. KAS tubes) that is wide enough to act like a corridor. I don't know if MKS elastic tubes act like this, or if they stay elastic after attachment. In any case the solution would have to be post-spawn; or you could simply use KIS too grow your base part-by-part. The first and foremost reason is the real terrain we have in KSP.

The KAS corridors could be an option, but otherwise use Konstruction! by RoverDude:

Peace.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a good tutorial on how to make MaterialKits from the ground via MKS? I am not sure if I just don't have it installed right or I am not doing something right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now