[1.9-1.10] Global Construction

allista

2 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

General Construction.  That way you dont have to change the references.

And congrats on the baby girl.  Welcome to Club NoSleep for the next several months.:D

Several months...  You must have gotten very lucky :D

1 hour ago, Nergal8617 said:

I was lucky enough to have a son, though that has it's own headaches.  I remember what I was like as a teenager...

Thanks god we don't have to tell our offsprings what we have done....

If i sometimes look back i have mostly 2 big questions in reply...

1. Where from came all the "criminal" energy.

2. How i managed to survive all this i did?

It is a old russian saying:

Kids and Drunk have theyr own guardian angel.

Looks possible...:wink:

I could use some help with a crash I'm getting when launching a base once construction has completed.  From the log files it looks like it's failing when trying to adjust the final position:

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

recalculating orbit for DIYKit (Minmus Colony Kit Lander): Minmus ( Update mode TRACK_Phys )
rPos: [57634.7806538194, -15799.8600860797, -5492.51353551447]   rVel: [0.854219810540335, 0, 8.9636140343217] |9.0042250105719|

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

recalculated orbit for DIYKit (Minmus Colony Kit Lander): Sun ( UT: 44140678.6038719 )
rPos: [Infinity, -Infinity, -Infinity]   rVel: [NaN, NaN, NaN] |NaN|
Delta: [NaN, NaN, NaN] / [NaN, NaN, NaN]

Crash!!!

Full log file is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/unso1wys7sixmlf/output_log.txt?dl=0

32 minutes ago, Blue Kae said:

I could use some help with a crash I'm getting when launching a base once construction has completed.  From the log files it looks like it's failing when trying to adjust the final position:

Full log file is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/unso1wys7sixmlf/output_log.txt?dl=0

This is weird, because the kit should be landed when you build it and launch it's content. So orbit recalculation (done by KSP, not by GC) should not take place at all.

I'll check the full log, thanks.

Found a solution to weld rooted parts. Engineer on EVA can detach the port, then reattach it to same part. Afterwards the port is no longer a root part. Requires KAS obviously.

I should tell you that I am struggling also with a second issue: construction ports and stock docking ports often do not dock together. No magnetic force. No hard seal. Just does not stick. I am not yet sure if that is a real bug or just me being an idiot unable to dock straight. 

40 minutes ago, agrock said:

Found a solution to weld rooted parts. Engineer on EVA can detach the port, then reattach it to same part. Afterwards the port is no longer a root part. Requires KAS obviously.

I should tell you that I am struggling also with a second issue: construction ports and stock docking ports often do not dock together. No magnetic force. No hard seal. Just does not stick. I am not yet sure if that is a real bug or just me being an idiot unable to dock straight. 

Does it belongs to GC or to MKS? :) I don't remember any issues with the root parts :confused:

54 minutes ago, agrock said:

Construction port issues should be in RoverDude's Konstruction! thread.  To answer your issue however, stock ports and construction ports don't work together, i.e you can't dock a stock port to a construction port.

Edited by Nergal8617

Those belong to Konstruction (Umbra). I have 80+ installed mods so please forgive my confusion. :D

1 hour ago, Nergal8617 said:

Construction port issues should be in RoverDude's Konstruction! thread.  To answer your issue however, stock ports and construction ports don't work together, i.e you can't dock a stock port to a construction port.

Thank you for explaining. Would it be possible to dock a medium sized port with senior sized port? Stock or Konstruction alike.

Will there be, or is there, some way of using GC to extend existing ground bases? As in, build a new module so it's attached to the base by default, without any need to move it around and dock.

I've been looking for a way to do that, since I want to extend bases in-situ but I want them to be attached to the ground with pylons and such AND attached to the base with rigid corridors, not elastic tubes.

2 minutes ago, MarethyuGamer said:

Will there be, or is there, some way of using GC to extend existing ground bases? As in, build a new module so it's attached to the base by default, without any need to move it around and dock.

I've been looking for a way to do that, since I want to extend bases in-situ but I want them to be attached to the ground with pylons and such AND attached to the base with rigid corridors, not elastic tubes.

No, GC is not able to do that, and I fail to estimate the amount of work required to implement it. The nearest I can imagine is a strut-like connection (e.g. KAS tubes) that is wide enough to act like a corridor. I don't know if MKS elastic tubes act like this, or if they stay elastic after attachment. In any case the solution would have to be post-spawn; or you could simply use KIS too grow your base part-by-part. The first and foremost reason is the real terrain we have in KSP.

36 minutes ago, MarethyuGamer said:

I've always found attaching bases to the ground to be a bad idea, it tends to invite the Kraken since your vessel can and will move a little(up to half a meter if I remember correctly) every time it loads.  Which is one of the reasons I like building bases on Minmus out on the Great Flats.

40 minutes ago, MarethyuGamer said:

30 minutes ago, allista said:

No, GC is not able to do that, and I fail to estimate the amount of work required to implement it. The nearest I can imagine is a strut-like connection (e.g. KAS tubes) that is wide enough to act like a corridor. I don't know if MKS elastic tubes act like this, or if they stay elastic after attachment. In any case the solution would have to be post-spawn; or you could simply use KIS too grow your base part-by-part. The first and foremost reason is the real terrain we have in KSP.

The KAS corridors could be an option, but otherwise use Konstruction! by RoverDude:

Peace.