[1.9-1.10] Global Construction

allista

17 hours ago, DStaal said:

Point.  I wasn't really thinking ablator needed a synthesizer - but PulseUnits and AblativeOil it might be a good idea.  Of course, then I'd have to talk RoverDude into adding them into the mod...  (But I could patch something in.)

Both do make sense to me, in different contexts.

BTW, what about the Machinery?

1 hour ago, allista said:

BTW, what about the Machinery?

I never remember that Machinery isn't transferable, since there's so many ways to transfer it with USI.  Honestly, building Machinery out of SpecializedParts isn't a problem.  (The cannon path for it is even SpecializedParts and MaterialKits...)  But yeah, I'd expect Machinery to be like Ablator - something you typically expect to be able to build with.

So here's how it'll work: resources mentioned here:

https://github.com/allista/GroundConstruction/blob/ablator/GameData/GroundConstruction/AssembleResources.cfg

(and in other ConfigNodes with the same name; not even MM is required) will be added as a pseudo-parts to the kit and will be constructed from SpecializedParts by mass.

Went even further: it is logical to assemble some resources, like Machinery, from SpecializedParts; but not so with Ablator, which is actually a material.

So I've added a choice: some resources may be assembled in assembly workshops from SP, yet others may be constructed in construction workshops from MaterialKits.

https://github.com/allista/GroundConstruction/blob/development/GameData/GroundConstruction/KitResources.cfg

How's that? :cool:

Working on stand-alone recycling in GC :cool:

The concept is that a construction workshop (i.e. engineers in it) can disassemble and recycle a whole vessel, a single part from it or a sub-tree of parts, salvaging some Specialized Parts and Material Kits (up to 50% of MK and 30% SP of what would be required to construct it back). The process of recycling of a single part is instantaneous and requires electric charge; usually a huge chunk of it at once. Crewed parts are skipped. Fuel and other resources within a part are transferred beforehand; if there's not enough space for them, the part is also skipped, unless the option to discard excess resources is chosen.

The logic is mostly done, and right now I'm working on the UI.

So my questions are:

first, is the concept of disassembling following the part tree (i.e. which parts were attached to which in editor) seems intuitive enough? 

second, is this too much color? :rolleyes:

eeGAH32.png

hey so just a quick question is it right that your mod adds the ability to any isru to make materialkits, for some reason the mk3 isru wich is added trough mining expansion cant make materialkits

15 minutes ago, ZEROX said:

hey so just a quick question is it right that your mod adds the ability to any isru to make materialkits, for some reason the mk3 isru wich is added trough mining expansion cant make materialkits

Nope, only the stock ones.

5 minutes ago, ZEROX said:

but for some reason the mk2 from the same mod works XD

Ah, indeed, @Critter79606 has added new patches for various ISRUs. Here, look at what ISRUs are supported and, if you want more, just make a patch using existing ones as template.

https://github.com/allista/GroundConstruction/blob/development/GameData/GroundConstruction/Patches/ISRU_Patch.cfg

UDP: and of course post your patches here so that community may benefit :cool:

Edited by allista

50 minutes ago, allista said:

Ah, indeed, @Critter79606 has added new patches for various ISRUs. Here, look at what ISRUs are supported and, if you want more, just make a patch using existing ones as template.

https://github.com/allista/GroundConstruction/blob/development/GameData/GroundConstruction/Patches/ISRU_Patch.cfg

UDP: and of course post your patches here so that community may benefit :cool:

thx for the info i submitted a pull request for you XD dont know how github works hopefully i did it right XD

40 minutes ago, ZEROX said:

thx for the info i submitted a pull request for you XD dont know how github works hopefully i did it right XD

Thanks, will take a look as soon as i get home.

Version 2.4.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.7.2

Released on 2019-06-17

• Parts with selected resources are assembled and constructed with these resources
    • By default only two such resources are supported:
      • Ablator is made from MaterialKits during the construction phase
      • Machinery is made from SpecializedParts during the assembly phase
    • Other resources may be added by other mods:
      • Add a resource name into a GC_CONSTRUCT_RESOURCES node in any of .cfg files in your mod to make that resource from MaterialKits in GC
      • Add a resource name into a GC_ASSEMBLE_RESOURCES node in any of .cfg files in your mod to make that resource from SpecializedParts in GC
  • Added patches for Mk3 ISRU from Stockalike Mining Extension made by @ZEROX7
  • For modders: renamed GC_KIT_RESOURCES to GC_KEEP_RESOURCES

Download 

Edited by allista

1 hour ago, nmc said:

Hi @allista and thanks for all your mods!

Just a quick CKAN question: versions 2.4.0 and above are listed as compatible with KSP 1.7.2 only (not 1.7.1 or 1.7.0), is this real or will they work in 1.7.1?

Cheers.

Replied in CC thread. All compatible with 1.6.1 to 1.7.2. See the .version file inside the archives.

Hi Allista. Great updates, thank you!

I have encountered one small issue. When the mouse cursor is below the workshop window (outside the window frame), keys pressed are ignored by KSP. If the cursor is above the window, keys are handled by KSP as expected. Maybe GC is grabbing focus outside of its own window?

24 minutes ago, HansAcker said:

Hi Allista. Great updates, thank you!

I have encountered one small issue. When the mouse cursor is below the workshop window (outside the window frame), keys pressed are ignored by KSP. If the cursor is above the window, keys are handled by KSP as expected. Maybe GC is grabbing focus outside of its own window?

For some reason Unity's procedural GUILayout framework started behave weirdly around KSP-1.4; this is one of the many symptoms, including not-working mouse scrolling in scrollable areas and such.

I haven't found the solution, except moving to uGUI framework. The process is underway; currently I'm converting TCA's UI, which is also needed as the current one hogs CPU dreadly. GC and Hangar come next.

Until then we'll have to bear with it :(

14 minutes ago, melechdaviid said:

How would I “turn off” the SSPXR inflatables/rings’ need for material kits? 

Could you elaborate, please? I'v got no clue what the SSPXR is :confused:

10 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

I think they mean this one:

Alright, but still the meaning of the whole message eludes me :confused:

Why inflatables and rings (whatever they are) should not require material kits?

Is it about construction them in GC?

@melechdaviid?

@allista I think they posted here because this mod uses MaterialKits too.

@melechdaviid i don't think there is a way of disabling the Material Kit cost from the centrifuges or inflatables without removing from the cfg file. You might be able to write a Module Manager patch to remove the Material Kit cost.
the best place to ask would be in

That DeployResource requirement got me, too. Here's my MM patch to undo:

Spoiler

// revert DeployResource requirements added by StationPartsExpansionRedux/Patches/SSPXR-MKS-Extras.cfg

@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDeployableCentrifuge]:HAS[#DeployResource[MaterialKits]]]:AFTER[StationPartsExpansionRedux]
{
        @MODULE[ModuleDeployableCentrifuge]:HAS[#DeployResource[MaterialKits]]
        {
                !DeployResource,* = any
        }
}

@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDeployableHabitat]:HAS[#DeployResource[MaterialKits]]]:AFTER[StationPartsExpansionRedux]
{
        @MODULE[ModuleDeployableHabitat]:HAS[#DeployResource[MaterialKits]]
        {
                !DeployResource,* = any
        }
}

7 minutes ago, HansAcker said:

That DeployResource requirement got me, too. Here's my MM patch to undo:

Hide contents

// revert DeployResource requirements added by StationPartsExpansionRedux/Patches/SSPXR-MKS-Extras.cfg

@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDeployableCentrifuge]:HAS[#DeployResource[MaterialKits]]]:AFTER[StationPartsExpansionRedux]
{
        @MODULE[ModuleDeployableCentrifuge]:HAS[#DeployResource[MaterialKits]]
        {
                !DeployResource,* = any
        }
}

@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDeployableHabitat]:HAS[#DeployResource[MaterialKits]]]:AFTER[StationPartsExpansionRedux]
{
        @MODULE[ModuleDeployableHabitat]:HAS[#DeployResource[MaterialKits]]
        {
                !DeployResource,* = any
        }
}

I suppose it's better to repost this to SSPXr thread and/or MKS thread. Also, as far as I remember, MM doesn't support multiple HAS, NEEDS and so on. You can join them by & or , though.