[1.9-1.10] Global Construction

allista

I am having a strange problem with ground assembly line, it throws a bunch of exceptions and forces me to restart the game.

https://imgur.com/a/LIdb8PX

Whenever I press "start construction" the game simply gives me a NaN kraken.

Log : https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zr50jea0s37jrg/KSP.log?dl=0

Output_Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ro6om8684m4g3xm/output_log.txt?dl=0

Edited by TheRag

7 hours ago, beeble42 said:

Still having the same problem with your latest nightly build and 1.7.3. Explosion upon clicking Finalize in the assembly line. I was able to get an empty container to come out one time, but every other time they explode too. The module is connected to my main base for resource supply by KAS pipe in docked config. Is there anything else I can give you to help understand what is happening here? I'm at a complete loss on how I can proceed with this mod for a Duna base if I have to fly a kit for every single thing I may need to build all the way from Kerbin.

I'm sorry, I thought I've answered you earlier, but I didn't :confused:

The log file you provided contains a lot of exceptions, many of which are from assembly loader trying to load incompatible mods; but some are from mods that are loaded but still incompatible and may cause trouble with vessel spawning. For example,

NRE in USITools.ModuleStabilization.FixedUpdate may account for physical glitches that would cause explosions in the end.

Another kind of exceptions that may cause trouble is NRE in Firespitter.customization.FSfuelSwitch.updateCost (which is also part of USI). This one is thrown when any of my mods tries to calculate part's cost, including IPartCostModifier changes to it. I'll safeguard against it in the future, but it should be fixed in Firesputter too.

So first of all, you have to sanitize your installation from incompatible mods. That's a pain, but that's Squad with their short release cycles for you.

6 hours ago, TheRag said:

I am having a strange problem with ground assembly line, it throws a bunch of exceptions and forces me to restart the game.

https://imgur.com/a/LIdb8PX

Whenever I press "start construction" the game simply gives me a NaN kraken.

Log : https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zr50jea0s37jrg/KSP.log?dl=0

Output_Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ro6om8684m4g3xm/output_log.txt?dl=0

Same here: 18k+ exceptions including some from Module Manager. It's a miracle anything works at all :0.0:

Also next time, please, zip the logs. 80Mb is a bit hard for mobile :confused:

7 hours ago, beeble42 said:

Still having the same problem with your latest nightly build and 1.7.3. Explosion upon clicking Finalize in the assembly line. I was able to get an empty container to come out one time, but every other time they explode too. The module is connected to my main base for resource supply by KAS pipe in docked config. Is there anything else I can give you to help understand what is happening here? I'm at a complete loss on how I can proceed with this mod for a Duna base if I have to fly a kit for every single thing I may need to build all the way from Kerbin.

That sounds like the same issue I had with two containers being spawned simultaneously, but that one was fixed reliably with the explicit check. I tried to test it with the latest nightlies, but my GC orbital base would not load. Build before last would not see containers with constructions started in previous versions in workshop window. May have something to do with added new phase. Just my guess.

Edited by DeW

1 minute ago, DeW said:

That sounds like the same issue I had with two containers being spawned simultaneously, but that one was fixed reliably with the explicit check. I tried to test it with the latest nightlies, but my GC orbital base would not load. Build before last would not see containers with constructions started in previous versions in workshop window. May have something to do with added new phase. Just my guess.

That shouldn't be happening. No changes should affect existing games.

What about logs?

2 hours ago, allista said:

That shouldn't be happening. No changes should affect existing games.

What about logs?

It would not load at all now. Let me get rid of most of the other mods...

Still not loading:

Player-20190723-0516.log.zip

This is caused by updating these four to the latest night build:

ConfigurableContainers
GroundConstruction
Hangar
ThrottleControlledAvionics

With older versions of your mods it loads:

Player-20190723-0538.log.zip

=======================================

Another little issue with "test radial adapter" contract. All the requirements are met, but pressing "Run Test" button does not complete the contract.

Update: using another type of radial adapter completes the contract. Name is the same though, just "Radial Adapter" for both of them. Both adapters are getting "Run Test" button that only completes contract on one of them. I'm glad I did not discover that on "Landed on Eeloo" version of the contract :)

Player-20190723-0647.log.zip

=======================================

Placing more than one radial adapter with symmetry and then resizing it only changes selected one. If you then grab and move one that was not resized, weird things start to happen.

Edited by DeW

Alright I seem to have found the problem. It is with Interstellar Fuel Switch tanks. Something with the decoupler group fx (Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler) is causing the NAN problem, all other interstellar parts work fine. I will submit this to IFS for corroborative evidence.  

On 7/23/2019 at 12:03 PM, DeW said:

Still not loading:

Player-20190723-0516.log.zip

Don't see anything apart from an NRE in KSPAlternateResourcePanel.ARPWindow.DrawWindow

On 7/23/2019 at 12:03 PM, DeW said:

With older versions of your mods it loads:

Player-20190723-0538.log.zip

While here are many nasty NREs, including NavWaypoint system (NavWaypoint.Awake) and FlightGlobals. And everything ends in vessel destruction by unknown code path.
Are you sure the logs are not swapped?

10 hours ago, allista said:

Don't see anything apart from an NRE in KSPAlternateResourcePanel.ARPWindow.DrawWindow

While here are many nasty NREs, including NavWaypoint system (NavWaypoint.Awake) and FlightGlobals. And everything ends in vessel destruction by unknown code path.
Are you sure the logs are not swapped?

I don't think so. Logs are probably in correct order. Add-on versions in them can probably confirm that. It locks up on the newer one.

Spoiler

Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v0.0.0.0
ModuleManager v4.0.2.0
unBlur v0.5.0.0
000_AT_Utils v1.8.7141.23160
001_AnisotropicPartResizer v1.3.0.0
002_MultiAnimators v1.1.0.2
0_00_AT_Utils_UI v1.0.7141.23158
ConfigurableContainers v2.4.7141.23163
MiniAVC v1.2.0.6
ClickThroughBlocker v0.1.7.2 / v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.2.0.6
aaa_Toolbar v1.7.21.0
MiniAVC v1.2.0.6
ToolbarControl v0.1.8.2 / v1.0.0.0
AutoLoadGame v1.0.8.0
GC.UI v1.0.7141.23159
GroundConstruction v2.5.7141.23165
Mono.Security v2.0.0.0
Hangar v3.4.7141.23164
NearFutureSolar v0.4.0.0
SCANsat v1.8.11.0 / vv18.11
SCANsat.Unity v1.8.11.0
Stock assembly: KSPSteamCtrlr v0.0.1.35
TCA.UI v1.0.7141.23160
ThrottleControlledAvionics v3.5.7141.23162

Here is another log from today with latest versions: Player-20190725-1423.log.zip

You probably can't see what happens in the log because it locks up on the next step after the last log entry. KSP loads craft and locks up before static disappears from portraits. At this point it can only be terminated via "Force Quit":

Jul 25 14:46:35 mbp com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (unity.Squad.Kerbal Space Program.29160[38406]): Service exited due to SIGTERM | sent by Dock[356]

I removed Alternate Resource Panel that I missed the last time, but I don't think it was causing the issue since the exact same thing happens without it.

Screen%20Shot%202019-07-25%20at%2014.46. 

There is no crash, hence no crash report. Looks like infinite loop type problem.

Edited by DeW

51 minutes ago, DeW said:

KSP loads craft and locks up before static disappears from portraits. At this point it can only be terminated via "Force Quit":

Such behaviour is usually caused by infinite loops. I'll try to look at what's changed that could be doing this, but so far I'm unable to reproduce the situation to test it...

1 hour ago, DeW said:

I don't think so. Logs are probably in correct order. Add-on versions in them can probably confirm that. It locks up on the newer one.

Reveal hidden contents

Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v0.0.0.0
ModuleManager v4.0.2.0
unBlur v0.5.0.0
000_AT_Utils v1.8.7141.23160
001_AnisotropicPartResizer v1.3.0.0
002_MultiAnimators v1.1.0.2
0_00_AT_Utils_UI v1.0.7141.23158
ConfigurableContainers v2.4.7141.23163
MiniAVC v1.2.0.6
ClickThroughBlocker v0.1.7.2 / v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.2.0.6
aaa_Toolbar v1.7.21.0
MiniAVC v1.2.0.6
ToolbarControl v0.1.8.2 / v1.0.0.0
AutoLoadGame v1.0.8.0
GC.UI v1.0.7141.23159
GroundConstruction v2.5.7141.23165
Mono.Security v2.0.0.0
Hangar v3.4.7141.23164
NearFutureSolar v0.4.0.0
SCANsat v1.8.11.0 / vv18.11
SCANsat.Unity v1.8.11.0
Stock assembly: KSPSteamCtrlr v0.0.1.35
TCA.UI v1.0.7141.23160
ThrottleControlledAvionics v3.5.7141.23162

Here is another log from today with latest versions: Player-20190725-1423.log.zip

You probably can't see what happens in the log because it locks up on the next step after the last log entry. KSP loads craft and locks up before static disappears from portraits. At this point it can only be terminated via "Force Quit":

Jul 25 14:46:35 mbp com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (unity.Squad.Kerbal Space Program.29160[38406]): Service exited due to SIGTERM | sent by Dock[356]

I removed Alternate Resource Panel that I missed the last time, but I don't think it was causing the issue since the exact same thing happens without it.

Screen%20Shot%202019-07-25%20at%2014.46. 

There is no crash, hence no crash report. Looks like infinite loop type problem.

Sometimes, after you do a “force quit”, more stuff will get written to the log.  I’m sure you know this, but just in case, I thought I’d mention it. If you’re looking at the log while the game is frozen, you’ll see everything that happened up to the point that things went off the rails, but not the cause (because it’s in the process of malfunctioning). Sometimes the “force quit” maneuver will break the logjam and more info gets reported prior to the game terminating. 

2 minutes ago, MaxPeck said:

Sometimes, after you do a “force quit”, more stuff will get written to the log.  I’m sure you know this, but just in case, I thought I’d mention it. If you’re looking at the log while the game is frozen, you’ll see everything that happened up to the point that things went off the rails, but not the cause (because it’s in the process of malfunctioning). Sometimes the “force quit” maneuver will break the logjam and more info gets reported prior to the game terminating. 

I thought term signal takes care of all process activity and takes it off pretty clean. I don't think Unity player can log much once Mac OS is asked to get rid of it.

Just now, DeW said:

I thought term signal takes care of all process activity and takes it off pretty clean. I don't think Unity player can log much once Mac OS is asked to get rid of it.

It does. I’ve encountered this troubleshooting KSP mods and mods from other games.  I don’t know if it’s buffered info that gets written as the process is killed or what, but it definitely happens. 

1 hour ago, DeW said:

TERM signal is just a normal signal that can be handled gracefully or even ignored. But Unity probably doesn't do this.

It's the KILL one that the process doesn't even get :ph34r:

1 hour ago, MaxPeck said:

It does. I’ve encountered this troubleshooting KSP mods and mods from other games.  I don’t know if it’s buffered info that gets written as the process is killed or what, but it definitely happens. 

Most likely it's just disk buffers being synced to the hard drive upon process termination.

One can even see pieces of underlying C-library crash messages written over the top of Player.log when Unity player actually crashes as opposed to normal termination (including termination by a signal).

Just now, Agustin said:

How Can I assign a IVA for the big yellow round part? I have it on the Mun and the IVA is pure big black blocks... Not nice looking.

No, it's not; but I'm not a 3D artist and don't have one spare, so no IVAs for my parts. The dummy black space at least allows to see the portraits when the ship is crewed.

2 minutes ago, Agustin said:

Yeah, I dont want to be rude. Just asking If maybe I could import another IVA already made. No matter it doesnt match space

That's theb second biggest (in my humble experience) problem with IVAs: they need to match the exterior closely. The first is the trade-off between the amount of detail you need for it to look decent and the amount of time people will actually spend looking at it :D

As for trying another IVA: it's right in the part config.

https://github.com/allista/GroundConstruction/blob/master/GameData/GroundConstruction/Parts/Workshops/InlineGroundWorkshop.cfg

Line 44

I am having a problem installing this mod.

I have KSP version 1.7.2

CKAN says max version is 1.7.2 but i do not see the check box so i can install it.

I downloaded the  github zip file but other than copying the GameData folder and files , i am unsure what to do with the rest of the folders.

I know this depends on configurable containers, at utils and community resource pack and i have installed those.

I would appreciate a step by step installation instructions.

Jamil

2 hours ago, Jamil84 said:

I am having a problem installing this mod.

I have KSP version 1.7.2

CKAN says max version is 1.7.2 but i do not see the check box so i can install it.

I downloaded the  github zip file but other than copying the GameData folder and files , i am unsure what to do with the rest of the folders.

I know this depends on configurable containers, at utils and community resource pack and i have installed those.

I would appreciate a step by step installation instructions.

@Jamil84welcome to the forums.

It sounds as if you've got the process right, except if you've downloaded the GitHub code repo and not the deployable mod.  What do you mean "...the rest of the folders"?

Just to be sure:  Go to the original post of this topic and find the download links. Download the mod file from SpaceDock; it'll be a zip file containing a GameData folder with all of the necessary dependencies in it.  For Windows, copy, extract or drag/drop the zip file's GameData folder (the folder, not its contents) into your KSP's install main directory (the one with it's own GameData folder).  What will happen is the zip's GameData will merge with your game's GameData folder.  That should be all that's required.

Personally, I'd stick with CKAN.  If you're not being allowed to install via CKAN it's possible there's a mod exclusion conflict that CKAN is detecting (I'm not aware of one) or you haven't configured CKAN properly for your game install.

If you still have problems, report back here.  You'll need to describe what you've done and what's not working for you.  A screenshot of you GameData directory and a list of your installed mods would help.

On 7/2/2019 at 3:48 AM, allista said:

For ground workshop there isn't: it can recycle anything within 300m radius, same as with construction.

For orbital workshop the recycled vessel should be docked. Hm... this poses a problem, as docking may re-root the vessel, making it inaccessible for recycler. Have to think about it...

There are steps we can manually do to ensure the vessel to recycle will not re-root before docking it to the orbital workshop or the vessel that has the orbital workshop.

• Set the vessel category of the vessel with the orbital workshop to "Station".
  • Before docking, set the vessel category of all the command pod parts in the vessel to recycle to something lower than "Station", like "Ship" or "Probe" or "Debris"

If we do those steps before docking then the recycled vessel won't re-root.

9 hours ago, halx said:

do the assembly lines work with MKS? or do you need Global Construction installed as well?

If you've installed MKS correctly, yes, they should since GroundConstruction-Core (now known as GlobalConstruction-Core) is bundled with MKS.  Have you tried it in, say, a test sandbox game?

5 hours ago, FredMSloniker said:

Any idea how long before CKAN gets a 1.7.3 version? I've got a save that's on hold until I can make rockets off-world.

It'll happen if and when allista thinks it's warranted.  Otherwise, what's preventing you from trying it in 1.7.3?  Are you getting errors or is something not working?  I'm not highly experienced with it but in my tests/trials it has worked for me under KSP 1.7.3.

Edited by Brigadier
Added confirmation that it works for me.

I'm not sure if this has been reported already, however it appears that Ground/Global Construction is entirely incompatible with OSE workshop - with OSE taking the hit. When both are loaded, OSE does not show up in any form, whatsoever. The tab for it in the settings menu disappears, all of the workshops and recyclers become useless and cannot be interacted with.

I've been wanting to use both mods for quite some time, as Ground Construction is good for producing entire vessels in situ, whereas OSE is more attuned to producing individual parts in large quantities (while GC is technically capable of this, the process is much longer and much more cumbersome than OSE - fabricating a DIY kit, deploying it, constructing it and launching it, only for a single part is quite time consuming, especially when you need dozens of individual parts, such as when building colonies with WBI Pathfinder).

Edit to Original Post: On a hunch, I ran several tests, removing and adding files and launching the game to see what would happen. Rather than re-hashing it completely, I'll give you my post from the OSE thread:

2 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

I'm not sure if this has been reported already, however it appears that OSE workshop is completely incompatible with KSP  1.7.3. There are no options for it in the settings menu, and right-clicking the workshops does not bring up the GUI.

This is rather unfortunate, as I happened to be in the middle of a large colony building operation when I updated to 1.7.3. The only other mod that similarly produce individual parts would be Ground Construction, but it's hardly a replacement - what normally takes OSE 30 seconds takes GC around 15 minutes (including fabricating the "DIY kit", repositioning it, deploying it, constructing the part, and launching it).

Edit to original post: On a hunch, I removed Ground Construction to see if there was a conflict between the two (there is a file for an MM config for ground construction in the OSE folder, however it is blank). Upon loading up the game and opening a new save (so that I wouldn't lose the ships with Ground Construction parts in my old save), I found that the settings appear once more, and that I can interact with the parts.
It took me a few minutes to figure out the new mechanics - how you have to unpack the workshop, and how you cannot produce parts while on the runway, but I eventually got it to work.

So, it appears that the conflict between OSE workshop and Ground Construction is so great that it seems to essentially overwrite OSE entirely, making it so that you cannot access any settings or interact with the workshops at all.

Edit 2: After adding Ground Construction back in after loading the game once without it, I'm able to open up the OSE workshop menus. However, while I can select a part for production, occasionally production will stop at 100%, and the part will not be placed in an inventory, just staying in the queue forever. I only saw it once, though. Still might be something to look in to.

It's odd that, at first, it didn't work *at all* with Ground Construction - only after loading the game once with OSE and without GC, and then loading it again with both installed, then restarting it to load it once more, did the two appear to coexist.

I hope that there is some way that I can help you in resolving this. If you need any logs, I can provide them.

Hopefully you (@allista) can get in contact with @linuxgurugamer, who's currently maintaining OSE, and see if there's some way to work out a patch. If there's any way that I can help out by providing logs and the like, I'd be more than happy to lend a hand in whatever way I can.

Edited by Raptor22
Read above.

9 hours ago, FredMSloniker said:

Any idea how long before CKAN gets a 1.7.3 version? I've got a save that's on hold until I can make rockets off-world.

It should work absolutely fine in 1.7.3. Just because a mod hasn't been updated for a game version doesn't mean that it doesn't work in that version. This is especially true for part packs. This was built for 1.7 I think - as I understand it mods tend to break when Squad changes something major with the base game or how CFG files are formatted. 

It helps to have a clean install of KSP for testing mods (loads quickly if you only have a few basic mods in there). If it works you can test it with your main game. 

Edited by madindehead