[1.9-1.10] Global Construction

allista

1 hour ago, Donkey32 said:

Ok. well, when i try to add this craft kit to the build queue, it complains i don''t have enough material kits, but i see no way to build and store them. what am i doing wrong?

Okay, coming back in (here and KSP in gen) after a year due to work stuff, you don't have to go as far as hitting the reset button. If your issue is the need for bigger MaterialKits storage (you already have the ISRU to make them (Ore Smelter)), here's what you can/need to do with your existing game:

(1) Worry not, you don't have to get the entirety of USI to solve this issue, if you're not averse to installing yet another mod. Just grab "USI Core", a small (and thus lightweight) segment of the USI fullset,  which has containers which can be configured to store--you guessed it--MaterialKits. Like I said, lightweight, just grabbing Core does not add USI LIfe Support, MKS, or any of the other USI stuff. (You do get reactors with Core, though, now it just depends on how averse you are to nuclear power.)

(2) If you're not going down that route, GC comes packaged with Configurable Containers. That, you can use to change one of the existing fuel tanks to store something else. All instructions here.

Now it's only a question of getting your bigger MatKits tank to the build site, hooking it up to the ISRU (to fill it up) and workshop (to build with) via KAS or a docking port or some unwholesome ritual of parts fusion (or maybe USI Konstruction, a slightly more wholesome ritual of parts fusion), fill that tank up with the ISRU, Bob's your uncle, yada yada.

Hope this helps, GG GLHF etc.

Edited by B-STRK

On 11/18/2018 at 10:50 PM, B-STRK said:

Okay, coming back in (here and KSP in gen) after a year due to work stuff, you don't have to go as far as hitting the reset button. If your issue is the need for bigger MaterialKits storage (you already have the ISRU to make them (Ore Smelter)), here's what you can/need to do with your existing game: 

(1) Worry not, you don't have to get the entirety of USI to solve this issue, if you're not averse to installing yet another mod. Just grab "USI Core", a small (and thus lightweight) segment of the USI fullset,  which has containers which can be configured to store--you guessed it--MaterialKits. Like I said, lightweight, just grabbing Core does not add USI LIfe Support, MKS, or any of the other USI stuff. (You do get reactors with Core, though, now it just depends on how averse you are to nuclear power.)

(2) If you're not going down that route, GC comes packaged with Configurable Containers. That, you can use to change one of the existing fuel tanks to store something else. All instructions here.

Now it's only a question of getting your bigger MatKits tank to the build site, hooking it up to the ISRU (to fill it up) and workshop (to build with) via KAS or a docking port or some unwholesome ritual of parts fusion (or maybe USI Konstruction, a slightly more wholesome ritual of parts fusion), fill that tank up with the ISRU, Bob's your uncle, yada yada.

Hope this helps, GG GLHF etc.

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.
I've no problem with nuclear. Got KSPIE installed and loving it.  Though my poor laptop is just about at it's mod limit.
Will do. Thanks again!

Oh. I use Ckan for installation and I've noticed that while I can install Configurable Containers core (comes with GC), Ckan is NOT allowing me to install CC. Can't click it on in the list.
I'm wondering if there's a possible conflict with Interstellar Fuel Switch or maybe some other mod. Are there any known incompatibilities?

On 11/23/2018 at 1:31 PM, Donkey32 said:

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.
I've no problem with nuclear. Got KSPIE installed and loving it.  Though my poor laptop is just about at it's mod limit.
Will do. Thanks again!

Oh. I use Ckan for installation and I've noticed that while I can install Configurable Containers core (comes with GC), Ckan is NOT allowing me to install CC. Can't click it on in the list.
I'm wondering if there's a possible conflict with Interstellar Fuel Switch or maybe some other mod. Are there any known incompatibilities?

The conflict question would be something @allista can answer. Otherwise, maybe you can try installing CC directly/bypass CKAN. (Not using CKAN myself, sorry.) But I think the tank switch functionalities are already in Core, IIRC? Or I guess you were able to confirm you'll need the full install to modify the stock and other tanks?

On 11/22/2018 at 11:31 PM, Donkey32 said:

It is not unexpected for two mods that offer similar functionality(Such as configurable containers and Fuel switch) to be incompatible.

If you install both, you may find them interacting in odd ways.

On 11/13/2018 at 1:49 PM, Nicky21 said:

There is a incompatibility with Kerbal Joint Reinforcements. Which sucks cuz onyl with KJR i can deploy big ships without them going poof.

I've confirmed the incompatibility.  I went and asked in the KJR forum, and got a solution, although I've not gotten to test it yet.

Using the latest KJR link in their forum supplied by Lisias you need to add the following lines to the <KSP>/PluginData/KerbalJointReinforcement/config.xml

<string name="exemptModuleType8">DIYKit</string>
    <string name="exemptModuleType9">OrbitalKitContainer2</string>
Also remove the invalid "?" from the file.  It's a typo.

The actual parts that make the kits may also need added.

Edited by Critter79606

@allista When you have a little time, I'm having an issue creating an orbital box for some reason.  I've tried both an empty box and one with something in it.  It blows up inside the assembly space up as soon as it tries to create it.  I can create the old DIY kit just fine.

Here's the log.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&amp;id=1S4M_MgUAfKo_nSxwAAHD-flte3qNtCUW

Thanks,

I'm a bit confused with trying to work with this, and I'll start by stating I'm running the latest version of KSP, 1.5.1. But upon building a kit, I don't get an option to fuel it, it just pops out.. and while I can deploy it (inflate it), I can't then launch the part from it. Nothing comes up to release it. Any ideas?

On 11/27/2018 at 10:10 AM, Critter79606 said:

I've confirmed the incompatibility.  I went and asked in the KJR forum, and got a solution, although I've not gotten to test it yet.

Using the latest KJR link in their forum supplied by Lisias you need to add the following lines to the <KSP>/PluginData/KerbalJointReinforcement/config.xml

For those trying to use this with KJR, Lisias just released 3.3.3.4 which excludes the two DIY kits from the joint reinforcement.

@RocketSquid @AmpCat It's possibly a 1.5.1 issue.  I'm having some issues too, but I've not gotten to try an install with just the GC mod.  My issues could be one of my other 170+ mods.  I'll try to get a clean install later this week with just GC and give it a shot.

On 11/27/2018 at 10:10 AM, Critter79606 said:

@Nicky21 I finally got GC and KJR to work with KerbalJointReinforcement-3.4.0.1 and it's dependency KSPAPIExtensions-2.1.0.2-PreRelease under KSP 1.5.1

I was incorrect when i stated the above.  It should be...

<string name="exemptModuleType9">ModuleConstructionKit</string>
    <string name="exemptModuleType10">DockedKitContainer</string>
It's looking for a node, not a part name.

8 hours ago, Critter79606 said:

@Nicky21 I finally got GC and KJR to work with KerbalJointReinforcement-3.4.0.1 and it's dependency KSPAPIExtensions-2.1.0.2-PreRelease under KSP 1.5.1

I was incorrect when i stated the above.  It should be...

<string name="exemptModuleType9">ModuleConstructionKit</string>
    <string name="exemptModuleType10">DockedKitContainer</string>
It's looking for a node, not a part name.

Hi @Critter79606, regarding these exceptions, noting they are for Lisias' KJR 1.5.x fork, would these also have to be applied to linuxgurugamer's KJR 1.4.5 fork (3.3.3.4) for the same effect? (Admittedly have not been able to test it yet. Noted also that these concerns date to  KSP's 1.5.x's release, but am not sure if I have seen similar complaints appear in the 1.4.x era.) Thanks!

22 hours ago, B-STRK said:

Hi @Critter79606, regarding these exceptions, noting they are for Lisias' KJR 1.5.x fork, would these also have to be applied to linuxgurugamer's KJR 1.4.5 fork (3.3.3.4) for the same effect? (Admittedly have not been able to test it yet. Noted also that these concerns date to  KSP's 1.5.x's release, but am not sure if I have seen similar complaints appear in the 1.4.x era.) Thanks!

I've not tried Linux's version, but if he has an exclusion list I would assume so.  I'd ask over in that thread and tag him in it.  I'd use Lisias though, as it is good for 1.2-1.5.x and appears very stable, has Linux's fixes, as well as all the bugs/fixes thrown at him for the last month or so.  He's done a great job filling in for ferram4 while he's not able to work on it, and has been very accommodating helping me get it to work with GC and including my change requests in his releases. 

For anyone wanting to use KJR here is the link for the experimental build. https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement/releases Note the dependency of KSPe.

Not having these 2 parts excluded is what was causing my cans to jump to a heavier part and causing it to explode on completion due to the overlap.  I've always had an issue with GC's new space features, not knowing it was caused by KJR.  See my post on Sept 23rd, this was with 1.4.5.  I was building such a big ship it was actually causing it to jump to the center line.  I didn't know it was KJR causing it at that time, but it makes sense now.

For anyone else having GC issues, it also appears that my other issue with the boxes exploding on deployment in space is due to the Advanced Tweakables I had turned on in the KSP settings when I couldn't find a KJR that worked in ckan with 1.5.x (I hate not using ckan).  I put the exact same station up in orbit after turning off the option now that I have KJR back, and it doesn't explode the box while opening the hanger, while the original identical station which had tweakables on still explodes (in the same save game) even after I turned off tweakables.

I'm so excited to have it all finally working after all of Allista's hard work, and now I have some time to play again!  I pretty much used my vacation last week to figure out why I was having such fits getting only 187 mods to work correctly... but it was worth it!  

Fly safe or crash well!

On 6/5/2018 at 5:23 AM, allista said:

First of all, I see several different ModuleManager.dll -- that's bad; install the latest and keep only one .dll of MM.
Second, what version of GC and AT_Utils do you have. This exception often arises as KSP changes its API from version to version. Try to reinstall GC from SpaceDock (it already has AT_Utils included).

Bullseye!
THANK YOU!

For two days I´ve been searching for a tip within the console for the reason I couldn´t load any vessel on the DIY, prior to came here and "repeat any previous question"...
Only now I´ve realized that are TWO "Construction"s, and Global is NOT the same as the Ground within the MKS download.

I'm very inexperienced with this mod. I'm on the third vessel I'm trying to build. I'm having trouble getting a kit deployed. I've got a ground assembly line that finishes building a kit and then the kit seems to go into limbo. I get no option to deploy it or start constructing it. The assembly line says it's occupied and doesn't let me start building another kit. This is the second kit this assembly line produced. The first one had no problems. Any ideas what's going on or how to reset the assembly line and workshop?

any3Aje.jpg

I reloaded a save to show completing the kit and how it just seems to disappear with no option to construct it.

output_log.txt

KPS.log

I'm having trouble trying to close the Ground Assembly Line.

I've built a testing rig with it. The assembly line always opens itself in the SPH/VAB and stays that way, including when launching. I have no close button from what I can find. Any idea what to try?

I've seen in a video that Ground Assembly Line contains Specialized Parts (SP) when right clicking. Mine only contains EC and Machinery. Is that indicative of a problem or has that maybe changed so it's correct what I'm seeing?

Solved:
Ok so this was the same problem as talked about on october 24th.

I already had AT_Utils (since tons of mods have that). I compared the version during installation and noticed I already had 1.6.2 installed, so I didn't drag that folder over.
Turns out, that the one included with Global Construction has some extra files that you need. It's very easy to miss this.

Edited by TackleMcClean
solved

I just realized... what's the formula for EC requirement for any given construction? Can we estimate how much EC capacity to bring on-dite before starting construction, so we can safely leave and return when all is ready without the game deciding we ran out of juice midway?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2018 at 9:31 AM, Tonka Crash said:

I'm very inexperienced with this mod. I'm on the third vessel I'm trying to build. I'm having trouble getting a kit deployed. I've got a ground assembly line that finishes building a kit and then the kit seems to go into limbo. I get no option to deploy it or start constructing it. The assembly line says it's occupied and doesn't let me start building another kit. This is the second kit this assembly line produced. The first one had no problems. Any ideas what's going on or how to reset the assembly line and workshop?

I reloaded a save to show completing the kit and how it just seems to disappear with no option to construct it.

output_log.txt

KPS.log

You should have an "Open" button on the assembly line window where it says occupied. Perhaps walk a kerbal over to it manually to see if they can open it.

Hey I just wanted to say I think the Inline Workshop seems to be missing workshop capabilities. I'm using latest version of KSP and Global Construction and it just doesn't have the Workshop Window button. Clicking the mod icon in the toolbar shows my other workshops but not the inline workshop.

I haven't used the Inline Workshop before so I could be doing something wrong. Anyone else have this issue?

18 minutes ago, shifty303 said:

You should have an "Open" button on the assembly line window where it says occupied. Perhaps walk a kerbal over to it manually to see if they can open it.

There was no open button. I managed to reset everything by editing my save and comparing to freshly deployed parts, but I haven't spent any time trying to build something again. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, I believe the latest update to the USI constellation broke the patch files for Global Construction. All the workshops/assembly lines don't have the recyclers that are listed in the parts file. I'd update the files and post them here but i don't know enough to revise them. Assuming i'm not mistaken, of course

On 12/20/2018 at 6:56 PM, Solar_Ranger24 said:

Is there a way to make the docking nodes on the space crane and dockable kit containers compatible with Mechjeb2's autodocking feature?

If you mean the way that the 'Construction' docking point appears to be facing backwards when you control from it, I guess it might be possible to make a MM patch or something - but I've had some success just 'controlling from' whatever is docked to the transport port, since it must be inline with the construction port and will be facing the correct way.  The contact is probably a little harder than it could be, but I haven't had a problem with that so far...

13 hours ago, traisjames said:

Does this work with 1.6.1?

I've had less than stellar results. Simple items like a stack of batteries worked, but anything like an actual ship has failed miserably for me. I have a ship in construction that when it hits 100% KSP completely locks up. No crash, CPU stays active, but KSP is off in never-never land. I've also had other problems I described a few posts above back in 1.5.1. The mod creator has basically been MIA since October, so I'd look at this one as dead at this time. I'm switching to EPL, at least it's currently active.