[1.9-1.10] Global Construction

allista

Hello. I have a question. I downloaded this mod and 2 drills appeared. also the surface scanner shows many different ores and gases. but I can not understand where to store them and how to mine. I launched them at the cosmodrome, but they had something written like "the earth is full." I need to set up a separate mode with resources or I do something wrong

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Tabris said:

@allista

where are the MM patches to define what modules are made workshops?

is the 2.5m tundra mobile workshop from MKS meant to be landed only?

These patches are a part of MKS, not GC. I didn't make them, so I don't know how they're meant to be, sorry.

Write to MKS support thread, maybe someone there will have an answer.

15 hours ago, allista said:

These patches are a part of MKS, not GC. I didn't make them, so I don't know how they're meant to be, sorry.

Write to MKS support thread, maybe someone there will have an answer.

i did some digging and found that MKS "Hard Codes" the PartModule.

is Global Construction Core (shipped with MKS) updated with the orbital construction code?

i installed Global Construction 2.3 over GC-core and pulled the partmodule out of the Orbital Workshop and stuck it in the MKS-Workshop and it works but gives me 2 "Workshop Menu" buttons on the PAW.

5 hours ago, Tabris said:

i did some digging and found that MKS "Hard Codes" the PartModule.

is Global Construction Core (shipped with MKS) updated with the orbital construction code?

i installed Global Construction 2.3 over GC-core and pulled the partmodule out of the Orbital Workshop and stuck it in the MKS-Workshop and it works but gives me 2 "Workshop Menu" buttons on the PAW.

I'm not sure about the update, will check it.

As for the double button: each module has its own, so if you haven't removed previous one, both will be working and adding a button.

15 hours ago, Beef pie said:

Hi, I downloaded from the MOD spacer as shown in figure 1 of this BUG, I try to install the game, leaving only the MOD still appear such BUG. How do I solve?

fbY06-V3oKMLP6l-P4fX-cySlgqLS5TSnMvyLV1z

Welcome to the forums.

You've provided no link.  Please read this post on how to post problems.  It should help you provide all the info the mod developer needs.

A question!

@lampeh proposed an improvement for the complexity calculation in GC, namely

It would be nice to have the option to ignore a list of part modules from the complexity calculation.

Some mods add modules to all parts that amount to basically just metadata, not functionality that would require additional SpecializedParts.

Which resulted in the following config with part modules to ignore:

https://github.com/allista/GroundConstruction/blob/cab417babf02477f7e2090caf7dcf5bfdefefddd/GameData/GroundConstruction/IgnoreModules.cfg

Before I push it into the next release, would anyone like to add/remove anything there?

51 minutes ago, allista said:

A question!

@lampeh proposed an improvement for the complexity calculation in GC, namely

Which resulted in the following config with part modules to ignore:

https://github.com/allista/GroundConstruction/blob/cab417babf02477f7e2090caf7dcf5bfdefefddd/GameData/GroundConstruction/IgnoreModules.cfg

Before I push it into the next release, would anyone like to add/remove anything there?

The ablative shield module should probably not be included since it’s simply a way to represent the ablation of a treatment; the added complexity from the ablative shield module is confined to the ablator resource.

Version 2.3.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.7.0

Released on 2019-05-09

Excluded some pure-technical part modules (like ModuleTestSubject and ModuleOverheatDisplay) from DIY kit complexity calculation, which decreases both SpecializedParts and SKH build costs of many kits.

Note for modders: the excluded part modules are listed in the IgnoreModules.cfg and could be added/changed using MM.

Download 

A question on an issue I ran into with Global Construction.

I was running the previous version and waited for the update to see if ti would fix it, but it hasn't.

The issue is, I've got a construction dock in orbit, build the empty container, use a ferry to attach it to a coupler on the ship and have it ready to accept a blueprint. Everything fine there.

When I add in the vessel and it starts to expand to fit the ship, this is where it goes wrong. It expands fine for a bit, then the part that's attached to the coupler will suddenly clip through the connector and part of the next part.  I can decouple the crate, but then it pops off and goes flying away, or causes a glorious explosion.

Once I had it expand fine, but when I went to actually deploy it, it even started deploying backwards as well, though the graph overlay showed it doing just fine. It swallowed almost half the workshop by the time it was done.

Hoping somebody can tell me how I could fix this.

I'm not at home currently, I don't have the list of mods or their versions, but I'm using CKAN and using the latest mods there. I would send screenshots of it, but I will have to do it later when I'm home. Just hoping somebody had a quick fix.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Paadwyn said:

When I add in the vessel and it starts to expand to fit the ship, this is where it goes wrong. It expands fine for a bit, then the part that's attached to the coupler will suddenly clip through the connector and part of the next part.  I can decouple the crate, but then it pops off and goes flying away, or causes a glorious explosion.

That sounds to me as if you docked the container backwards, so it will expand into the ship. I seem to remember that it's easy to confuse the "transport" and "construction" ports on a kit. The construction port needs to be docked to the construction vessel. It's also facing inwards which makes it more difficult if you're used to select "control from" the port to be docked.

I thought about that, I double checked the facings on the pictures and video tutorials. It seemed right, and the overlay showed everything heading in the right direction.

When it starts to expand, it looks ok, grows the right way, then it just starts going backwards too.

But, I'm going to attempt to turn them around and see. Though, I could swear they were the right way.

I did some experimenting, got a screenshot.

I made sure the container was the right way, deployment hint correct.

I'm using the latest version of Global Construction 2.3.1,  do have a bunch of other mods installed but they seem to be all the latest versions, or at least 1.6.0 (Except for one that doesn't affect anything here).

After loading in the blueprint, it almost finishes expanding, then suddenly just snaps down, as the picture will show.

https://imgur.com/GssfFeg

38 minutes ago, Paadwyn said:

I did some experimenting, got a screenshot.

I made sure the container was the right way, deployment hint correct.

I'm using the latest version of Global Construction 2.3.1,  do have a bunch of other mods installed but they seem to be all the latest versions, or at least 1.6.0 (Except for one that doesn't affect anything here).

After loading in the blueprint, it almost finishes expanding, then suddenly just snaps down, as the picture will show.

https://imgur.com/GssfFeg

This surely is a bug, thanks for reporting it.

Expanding a docked container in space is one of the trickiest thing I've ever done with KSP, and at the time of development it was very prone to such krakenizations. I've made it work on a slightly modded game high around the Kerbin and retested it at Duna, but there's no telling what a rouge floating point error may do to the thing on some elliptic kerbolcentric orbit.

So my first three questions are:

1. what's the orbit of your space dock (so that I could reproduce it)
  2. the list of mods; I don't know of any incompatibilities yet, but who knows, something may poke me in the eye
  3. output_log.txt (Player.log on Mac/Linux) made during the incident

Well, during testing I had cheated this thing into orbit around Kerbin at 150K, started doing my design testing.

I will say that there was an issue with this construction dock as it would crash loading into the VAB, parts were snapping odd.  I sorted that issue out and I'm rebuilding it. I hope to see if it will fix the issue.

I will get you the output_log.txt when I finish this new station and test it out, that is, unless I fall asleep in my chair, it is late :D

For Mods, it's a fairly large list, though they are mostly dependencies. All mods I am listing are the latest ones available through CKAN. There might be higher versions out there, but I don't have them.

MalemuteRover
CommunityTechTree
ContractParser
KerbalStats
KramaxAutopilotContinued
ModuleManager
ThrottleControlledAvionics
USI-ART
Karbonite
FilterExtensions
HeatControl
Konstruction
DMagicOrbitalScience
ProgressParser
ClickThroughBlocker
EasyVesselSwitch
USITools
USI-NuclearRockets
KIS
GroundConstruction
KerbalEngineerRedux
ToolbarController
KerbalJointReinforcementContinued
USI-LS
KAS
HideEmptyTechNodes
ContractsWindowPlus
EmDriveByBeale
ModularFlightIntegrator
xScience
USI-FTT
FirespitterCore
CommunityResourcePack
ConfigurableContainers-Core
CommunityCategoryKit
KerbalAlarmClock
KSPRescuePodFix
StageRecovery
UniversalStorage
CanadianFlags
GroundConstruction-Core
KSPInterstellarExtended
UKS
InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core
TextureReplacer
Toolbar
USI-EXP
USI-Core
MechJebForAll
Hangar
TexturesUnlimited
MechJeb2
SoundingRockets
AGExt
TweakScale
ConfigurableContainers"
AT-Utils
KSP-AVC
RoutineMissionManager  

18 minutes ago, Paadwyn said:

Ugh, I'll have to work on the output_log file tomorrow. Looks like the file is 300MB.

I'll see about refreshing it tomorrow and get only the relevant data.

Don't bother, just zip/7zip it and share via gdrive/dropbox/whatever.

@Paadwyn - I've had a similar issue, and I have a suspicion on what's causing it.  (Untested so far.)  Could you try something?  Switch from KerbalJointReinforcementContinued to KerbalJointReinforcementNext and put in the following patch:

@PART[OrbitalKitContainer2]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = KJRExcluded
	}
}

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/184206-kerbal-joint-reinforcement-next/

My suspicion is that KJR is setting up joint connections to the center of DIY Kit, and not adjusting them as the size of the kit changes.  The above steps should exclude it from being reinforced.  (You could also try just removing KJRc.  I don't believe KJRc has a simple way to exclude parts, or I’d suggest that.)