allista

[1.7] Global Construction

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Tacombel said:

Incremental station attached with incorrect alignment. The only extrange think I saw was that there was two smoke clouds when launching. One in the junction of the new piece and another one several pieces away.

 

Spoiler

W0aKzi1.jpg

 

Got the same issue:

dock-offset.png

I've moved and docked an empty container manually. Container was docked to a  tug assembled from stock only parts with "Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port Sr" on both sides. Then I've assigned a vessel to be built in it.

Edited by DeW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, allista said:

What part and what mod is this central hub from? I'll have to test it myself.

Thanks for the report. I'll check it out.

Though I've assembled and constructed many single parts while testing, so the thing I'd check first is that you really have workers inside; if true, try to transfer one of them out and in again (simple EVA should suffice),

This is the mod

I moved crew from the Assembly line to the workshop and back, but did not try EVA. I also have crew manifest installed, that could somehow interfere, but it is curious that it only happens when I try to build a part, not a vessel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DeW said:

Got the same issue:

dock-offset.png

I've moved and docked an empty container manually. Container was docked to a  tug assembled from stock only parts with "Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port Sr" on both sides. Then I've assigned a vessel to be built in it.

So it basically slid off while resizing to accommodate the kit?

2 minutes ago, Tacombel said:

@allistaIt work. One kerbal went on EVA and know everything is fine.

Means that something has changed part's crew without firing onVesselCrewModified GameEvent. Crew manifest may be the culprit then. And with vessel -- what had actually worked, I suppose, is that you've switched to KSC and back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, allista said:

So it basically slid off while resizing to accommodate the kit?

No. That's before resizing. I'll post another one after resizing for you to compare...

dock-offset-resized.png

Edited by DeW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DeW said:

No. That's before resizing. I'll post another one after resizing for you to compare...

When you put a kit into an empty container it is also resized a little, before you begin assembly.

Or do you say it was just docked that way from the start? :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, allista said:

When you put a kit into an empty container it is also resized a little, before you begin assembly.

Or do you say it was just docked that way from the start? :o

You are right. I guess that's after first resizing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DeW said:

You are right. I guess that's after first resizing.

That's bad ;.;

This docked resizing thing will drive me nuts eventually.

By any chance, autostruts or Kerbal Joint Reinforcement are on? If KJR, then which flavor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somebody snuck is something else on board. Into one of those snack containers... One of the Kermans was resizing kit under influence I bet.

Just now, allista said:

That's bad ;.;

This docked resizing thing will drive me nuts eventually.

By any chance, autostruts or Kerbal Joint Reinforcement are on? If KJR, then which flavor?

KJR Next. I have advanced tweakables enabled, but never clicked on those auto struts buttons. It's in defaults.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DeW said:

Somebody snuck is something else on board. Into one of those snack containers... One of the Kermans was resizing kit under influence I bet.

KJR Next. I have advanced tweakables enabled, but never clicked on those auto struts buttons. It's in defaults.

Then it's probably KJRn. Regress in compatibility after robotics were introduced to stock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, allista said:

That's bad ;.;

This docked resizing thing will drive me nuts eventually.

By any chance, autostruts or Kerbal Joint Reinforcement are on? If KJR, then which flavor?

Good point. KJR Next

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, allista said:

Then it's probably KJRn. Regress in compatibility after robotics were introduced to stock.

I'll try to resize another one with and without KJRn from the same save. (I shall not forget). Hopefully you are right about KJRn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of questions:

 

Can I dock the Dockable kit with a nude node, without a docking port?

And the spacecrane? I am adding a dock-o-tron to its central node but not sure if it is necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tacombel said:

A couple of questions:

 

Can I dock the Dockable kit with a nude node, without a docking port?

And the spacecrane? I am adding a dock-o-tron to its central node but not sure if it is necessary.

Dockable container has a simple docking node that acts exactly like stock docking ports: they need counterparts in flight.

Space crane has a plane attach node that does nothing in flight, so you're right to add a docking port there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just started to use this mod and I can't find a container or tank to place material kits ,except workshops , does it mean that I should put a drill on the mobile workshop to produce enough material kits? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, newbee said:

I've just started to use this mod and I can't find a container or tank to place material kits ,except workshops , does it mean that I should put a drill on the mobile workshop to produce enough material kits? 

Yea, well, that's something I've more or less left out, because there're plenty of mods that have such containers, or mods that make any container usable, such as IFS, MFT, B9 and my own Configurable Containers that I naturally suggest to use for that purpose. Always trying to add as few parts as possible to lessen the clutter...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I am experimenting an odd situation. I have a shipyard

5ubM6E4.jpg

where the ships are built on the left dockable container.

The assembly is oriented toward the sun using MJ. When I start deploying, the shipyard starts and accelerated rotation, clockwise looking from the top of this image. Is easy to control just by accelerating time for a second and then let it stabilize by itself. Otherwise it spins uncontrollably. I suppose the change in COM is driving something crazy.

Edited by Tacombel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@everyone

Looking for maintainers (so basic understanding of KSP API and C#) to help me keep the mods up to date with the galloping KSP releases :confused:

If you think you know someone who can and want to help, pass the word, please :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tacombel @DeW I can confirm the issue with the sliding container boils down to incompatibility with KJR.

I've fixed it for KJR-next.

No other KJR flavors are supported, unless they also use the stock game events and interfaces to rebuild their joints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2019 at 10:23 PM, DeW said:

I've rolled back to 1.7.1, changed version numbers in persistent.sfs and one quicksave to 1.7.1. Container still explodes the same way as in 1.7.2. With and without KJR Next

  Reveal hidden contents

[DIY Kit: Tug-25]: Ready to Launch - waiting to start physics...
[000_AT_Utils: 14:56:55.070] Vessel assembled for launch: DIY Kit: Tug-25
[FlightIntegrator]: Reloaded drag cube for zeroed cube root part OrbitalKitContainer2 on vessel DIY Kit: Tug-25
[FlightIntegrator]: Vessel DIY Kit: Tug-25 has been unloaded 1.79769313486232E+308, applying analytic temperature 178.887259262095
DragCubeSystem: Rendering procedural drag for MobileSmelter
Unpacking DIY Kit: Tug-25
[FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel DIY Kit: Tug-25 ---------------------- 
[F: 12033]: OrbitalKitContainer2 collided into OrbitalAssemblySpace - relative velocity: 90.55715 - momentum: 226.4
OrbitalKitContainer2 Exploded!! - blast awesomeness: 0.5
[OrbitalKitContainer2]: Deactivated

Almost the same as in 1.7.2 (relative velocity: 90.58724 - momentum: 226.5). It seems that spawned object travels radially away from the body it suppose to orbit. In this case it's Minimus

  Reveal hidden contents

ORBIT
{
    SMA = 70946.965740495798
    ECC = 0.0050050379886157148
    INC = 0.81957809053460839
    LPE = 99.676033476498759
    LAN = 319.36593860383209
    MNA = -2.8534231129578731
    EPH = 21837080.014958277
    REF = 3
}

Nope. Just checked my theory. It is not traveling radially away from the body it's orbiting. I've tried various ship orientations and was able to successfully deploy ("Finalize") the container while assembly space was pointing towards retrograde.

 

On 6/27/2019 at 8:04 PM, beeble42 said:

I'm on a Mac. For the refrence of others, the path is ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/upjmkhlzkrj9h32/Player.log?dl=0

I had a quick read and there's no extra messages other than what's seen in the ksp log. At least in the part I'm looking at. Hopefully you can find something useful. I've tried removing FAR and dependencies with no change. It could be another plugin causing a conflict but I'm hoping we could find something useful to narrow down that search a little.

 

Tried the save game that @DeW provided; also tried my own tests.

Results are the same: containers are spawned as they should, no colliding, no explosions, no traveling with any relative velocity.

The setup I used is: KSP-1.7.3 + my mods (albeit latest builds) + MM, CRP and other dependencies.

So I don't really know what's happening there :confused:

Can provide current debug builds for testing in your environment.

Although I hope to make a batch release today anyway...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, allista said:

 

 

Tried the save game that @DeW provided; also tried my own tests.

Results are the same: containers are spawned as they should, no colliding, no explosions, no traveling with any relative velocity.

The setup I used is: KSP-1.7.3 + my mods (albeit latest builds) + MM, CRP and other dependencies.

So I don't really know what's happening there :confused:

Can provide current debug builds for testing in your environment.

Although I hope to make a batch release today anyway...

Wow! Thanks for testing this. I wonder what can possible cause this since I've removed all the mods... I'll try it on Windows computer next.

I would love to get a debug build of GC and TCA. I've had some strange behavior there too. It may be Mac related or caused by something else that's rare. Thank you for taking your time to support silly issues like that.

Edited by DeW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/14/2019 at 4:37 AM, allista said:

Tried the save game that @DeW provided; also tried my own tests.

Results are the same: containers are spawned as they should, no colliding, no explosions, no traveling with any relative velocity.

The setup I used is: KSP-1.7.3 + my mods (albeit latest builds) + MM, CRP and other dependencies.

So I don't really know what's happening there :confused:

Can provide current debug builds for testing in your environment.

Although I hope to make a batch release today anyway...

The last beta fixed it for me. I appreciate the effort. I'm not sure what triggered new container to spawn twice in my environment, but if you force double spawn on your end, you'll get the same effect and an awesome*0.5 explosion :)

Edited by DeW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@everyone
Updated nightbuilds. Most changes are in GC:

  • the dockable kit container does not allow building in it if docked via the wrong docking node  (thanks, @DeW)
  • added "Final Assembly" construction step that takes time, but not the resources (for technical reasons mostly, but for immersion as well)
  • empty kit containers now cost EC and MaterialKits, so it won't be possible to recycle them to get profit :cool:
  • fixed calculations of kit costs when it contains another kit container with yet another kit inside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2019 at 6:08 AM, allista said:

@everyone
Updated nightbuilds. Most changes are in GC:

  • the dockable kit container does not allow building in it if docked via the wrong docking node  (thanks, @DeW)
  • added "Final Assembly" construction step that takes time, but not the resources (for technical reasons mostly, but for immersion as well)
  • empty kit containers now cost EC and MaterialKits, so it won't be possible to recycle them to get profit :cool:
  • fixed calculations of kit costs when it contains another kit container with yet another kit inside

Still having the same problem with your latest nightly build and 1.7.3. Explosion upon clicking Finalize in the assembly line. I was able to get an empty container to come out one time, but every other time they explode too. The module is connected to my main base for resource supply by KAS pipe in docked config. Is there anything else I can give you to help understand what is happening here? I'm at a complete loss on how I can proceed with this mod for a Duna base if I have to fly a kit for every single thing I may need to build all the way from Kerbin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.