[1.9-1.10] Global Construction

allista

Question: Construction doesn't seem to happen in the background, like when you are in the KSC, as opposed to, say, mining. Is this by design, or am I doing something wrong? If it's by design, that's fine, obviously.

Hey, Im just wondering, when i try to select a vessel to put on the DIY Kit (On the VAB) It just loads the vessel, but not on the DIY Kit, it literally loads the vessel ontop of what i have and the DIY Kit doesnt change at all. It also locks my input, which i have to unlock on the alt+f12 menu. I never had any problem with the mod before, but this just started happening.

On 8/25/2020 at 8:38 PM, Tokamak said:

Question: Construction doesn't seem to happen in the background, like when you are in the KSC, as opposed to, say, mining. Is this by design, or am I doing something wrong? If it's by design, that's fine, obviously.

It should "happen" if you have enough resources and EC. It's "progress" should be displayed in KSC in main GC window (select the planet, then find the workshop in the list).

It actually only happens when you switch back to the workshop, since there's no background processing of this level of detail in KSP, only the catch-up.

On 8/29/2020 at 12:07 AM, CardZLol said:

Hey, Im just wondering, when i try to select a vessel to put on the DIY Kit (On the VAB) It just loads the vessel, but not on the DIY Kit, it literally loads the vessel ontop of what i have and the DIY Kit doesnt change at all. It also locks my input, which i have to unlock on the alt+f12 menu. I never had any problem with the mod before, but this just started happening.

This looks like an exception that happens during ship loading. Please, share the Player.log file (via a link to gdrive/Dropbox/etc) obtained after this happens.

20 hours ago, allista said:

It should "happen" if you have enough resources and EC. It's "progress" should be displayed in KSC in main GC window (select the planet, then find the workshop in the list).

It actually only happens when you switch back to the workshop, since there's no background processing of this level of detail in KSP, only the catch-up.

Oh yeah, I've got that part. What I mean is that if the workshop vessel is not currently loaded, no manufacturing progress seems to take place, and when I return to it, construction is always paused. I guess I'll try making sure there is more EV, and watch it from the KSC panel.

Hey there. Not really a big or anything major, but I'm having an issue where I build a ground base equipped with TAC LS and once construction is complete the base remains in the Pre-launch state. Meaning it doesn't consume life support resources. It has no engines and is sitting on the ground with landing gear. 

Any thoughts?

On 9/6/2020 at 8:02 PM, Beanieman said:

Hey there. Not really a big or anything major, but I'm having an issue where I build a ground base equipped with TAC LS and once construction is complete the base remains in the Pre-launch state. Meaning it doesn't consume life support resources. It has no engines and is sitting on the ground with landing gear. 

Any thoughts?

I believe that the kit has to be resting directly on the ground, not raised up on landing gear. Though those ought to have popped off when you deployed the kit.

Hi again, thanks for the help - let me know if this works.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ke15deq4kvigaou/Player.log?dl=0

again, mainly having issues with surface construction exploding every time I try to build a diy kit - I have all kinds of mods so I imagine it's either a direct compatibility issue or a version compatibility issue (running 1.8.1 to get kopernicus/opm to work)?

Thank you!

I can't get this to work. There are no options to load anything when I right click the DIY Kit.

I'm running KSP 1.10.1 and Global Construction 2.6.4.1 which I installed from CKAN.

https://imgur.com/a/mUJSpZg

(Grr...why does Insert Image from URL not work??? Clicking insert does nothing and highlights the URL red and doesn't tell me why.)

Edit:

Ok seems like the USI MKS bundled version of this was messing it up. I've manually installed both MKS and Global Construction and it now works.

Edited by NaughtyGnosiophile

Hey, I'm running ksp 1.9.1

AT Utils 1.9.4

GC and CG 2.6.4.1

installed through CKAN

And I am getting spammed with this error in my logs.

MissingMethodException: AT_Utils.UIBundle AT_Utils.UIBundle.Create(string)
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.InternalInvoke(System.Reflection.MonoCMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.InternalInvoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00002] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.InternalInvoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00014] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceMono (System.Boolean nonPublic) [0x000a8] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow (System.Boolean publicOnly, System.Boolean skipCheckThis, System.Boolean fillCache, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark& stackMark) [0x00009] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor (System.Boolean publicOnly, System.Boolean skipCheckThis, System.Boolean fillCache, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark& stackMark) [0x00027] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance[T] () [0x00015] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at AT_Utils.PluginGlobals`1[T].init_instance () [0x00000] in <dfa2fbe96124462794ebeceb1d666cb2>:0 
  at AT_Utils.PluginGlobals`1[T].Load () [0x00000] in <dfa2fbe96124462794ebeceb1d666cb2>:0 
  at AT_Utils.PluginGlobals`1[T].get_Instance () [0x0000c] in <dfa2fbe96124462794ebeceb1d666cb2>:0 
  at GroundConstruction.JobBase.get_GLB () [0x00000] in <153e62ae099745349276ac22b21d61e0>:0 
  at GroundConstruction.VesselKit+<>c__DisplayClass20_0.<count_kit_resources>b__1 (PartResource res) [0x00008] in <153e62ae099745349276ac22b21d61e0>:0 
  at AT_Utils.CollectionsExtensions.ForEach[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] E, System.Action`1[T] action) [0x00016] in <dfa2fbe96124462794ebeceb1d666cb2>:0 
  at GroundConstruction.VesselKit+<>c__DisplayClass20_0.<count_kit_resources>b__0 (Part p) [0x00006] in <153e62ae099745349276ac22b21d61e0>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].ForEach (System.Action`1[T] action) [0x00024] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at GroundConstruction.VesselKit.count_kit_resources (IShipconstruct ship, System.Boolean assembled) [0x00039] in <153e62ae099745349276ac22b21d61e0>:0 
  at GroundConstruction.VesselKit..ctor (PartModule host, ShipConstruct ship, System.Boolean assembled, System.Boolean simulate) [0x00061] in <153e62ae099745349276ac22b21d61e0>:0 
  at GroundConstruction.GCEditorGUI.Update () [0x00038] in <153e62ae099745349276ac22b21d61e0>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

I'm on a new save and did not do anything GC related yet. It might not have an impact appart from making my player logs  over 100 mb.

On 8/28/2020 at 2:07 PM, CardZLol said:

I am having the same problem here is my .log

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16bKYUsq6doc8joN9mfM91v4NVVKvJ9CN/view?usp=sharing

Thanks!

A small question, I've finally had some time to sit down and play with this one...

Is there any way to transfer the kits from an assembly line to a workshop? I've put two craft down, a mobile workshop, and an assembly line with a drill and refinery on it. I can make the assembly line build a DIY kit, and I moved the box away so it has room to deploy. But the workshop can't construct it because it has no kits, and the kits are built from the assembly line... I can't find a way to transfer resources or link the two together.

2 hours ago, wkwied said:

A small question, I've finally had some time to sit down and play with this one...

Is there any way to transfer the kits from an assembly line to a workshop? I've put two craft down, a mobile workshop, and an assembly line with a drill and refinery on it. I can make the assembly line build a DIY kit, and I moved the box away so it has room to deploy. But the workshop can't construct it because it has no kits, and the kits are built from the assembly line... I can't find a way to transfer resources or link the two together.

Without mods, you would have to dock the 2 ships together. This can be done with the claw if needed, just make sure to connect the ship with the claw to the other ship and not the other way around (unless that was fixed).

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2020 at 11:07 PM, CardZLol said:

On 9/19/2020 at 1:32 AM, Jeb is my copilot said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16bKYUsq6doc8joN9mfM91v4NVVKvJ9CN/view?usp=sharing

Thanks!

I'm also having this problem, not only in the VAB but also in orbit.
When I select a vessel it loads immediately on top of my station, input is locked. After unlocking I can't select the newly loaded ship. When I return to my station via the tracking station the loaded ship has vanished...

Oh, and when I make an empty DIY kit my whole station explodes:D

On 9/15/2020 at 12:00 AM, Snucker said:

Hey, I'm running ksp 1.9.1

AT Utils 1.9.4

GC and CG 2.6.4.1

installed through CKAN

And I am getting spammed with this error in my logs.

I'm on a new save and did not do anything GC related yet. It might not have an impact appart from making my player logs  over 100 mb.

On 9/18/2020 at 7:32 PM, Jeb is my copilot said:

Thanks!

I've been doing some tinkering with KSP v1.9.1 and Ground Construction, and I think it has to do with Ground Construction v.2.6.4.1 (compatible with 1.9.0 to 1.10.0) relying on AT Utils v.1.9.6 (compatible with 1.10.0 only).  If I leave AT Utils at 1.9.4 with GC v2.6.4.1, nothing works and I'm not able to launch or leave the VAB. I'm able to get subassemblies and individual parts to work in KSP 1.9.1 using AT Utils v.1.9.6 and GC v.2.6.4.1, but I haven't had any luck getting vessel selection to work directly. It's a bit of a work around, but it's better than nothing. Everything works if I roll back to AT Utils 1.9.4, and GC 2.6.3, though.

Hope that helps!

Seems to be a glitch.  Made a fully functional Sat for the new base.  I've used this sat many times on Kerbal with out a problem.  When the ground factory finished the build it is stuck in a green shape and does not load the sat.  Looked for a while trying to find some info before writing here. 

On 10/21/2020 at 5:04 AM, Master_of_Jak said:

I've been doing some tinkering with KSP v1.9.1 and Ground Construction, and I think it has to do with Ground Construction v.2.6.4.1 (compatible with 1.9.0 to 1.10.0) relying on AT Utils v.1.9.6 (compatible with 1.10.0 only).  If I leave AT Utils at 1.9.4 with GC v2.6.4.1, nothing works and I'm not able to launch or leave the VAB. I'm able to get subassemblies and individual parts to work in KSP 1.9.1 using AT Utils v.1.9.6 and GC v.2.6.4.1, but I haven't had any luck getting vessel selection to work directly. It's a bit of a work around, but it's better than nothing. Everything works if I roll back to AT Utils 1.9.4, and GC 2.6.3, though.

Hope that helps!

Can confirm this works!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2020 at 9:54 PM, allista said:

3. More like a single use launchpad. Container is fixed to the ground, ship is assembled inside, then the container is destroyed and the ship stays on the ground (don't forget launch clamps!).

But no size/mass limits.

When I tried to load a large vessel into the ground assembly line, it say "no suitable container found", and when loading with a smaller one, it worked... that large vessel is about a kiloton fully fueled, or 120 tons empty.

More questions regarding this, if I want to make a large spaceplane that works as a mobile construction base (which needs to upscale MK3 cargo bays to 7.5m to fit), should I go with orbital assembly line, or ground assembly line?

Edited by SynX

Global Construction Docking Container not working

Tried looking in other posts but cant find an answerwser for this.

I an having some problem's with docking a container.

I started a ship in the Orbital Assembly Line, OAL, it was to big the construct in the Orbital 
Assembly Space, OAS, so it was put in a container.

The container seems to have two docking ports one on the outside "Target: Transport" and 
another toward the inside "Target: Construction"

With a Orbital Tug to move the container and set the Tugs docking port for "control from here" 
and the container outer docking port "Target: Transport" as "target".

With MeckJeb and the docking mod i docked with the container and pulled it out of the OAS. 

Easy so far and everything worked as expected.

Expecting to be able to set the docking port on the Orbital Workshop, OWS, as the target and the 
other port on the container as the control form here I moved the container over to the OWS.

I tried setting the container as "Target: Transport" as "target" no luck

I tried setting the container as "Target: Construction" as "target" no luck  

I tried setting the container as "Target: Transport" as "control from here" no luck other than 
the tug it backed in to the docking port on the OWS

I tried setting with nothing set.

I tried with no docking port on the OWS.

Also did it without MeckJeb 

Not a thing worked.

At this point I am at a loss as to what to do. The demo video showed it working 
but did not show how it was done. 

Any Ideas?

Thanks

This has always worked for me, altough I have to say I never dock the container with the workshop itself but with another (random) port on my ship:

- pull the container out of the assembly space, by docking your tug to the transport side (the only side available)
- dock the container to the ship with the construction side
- construct

On 10/31/2020 at 8:26 PM, DareDrop said:

I started a ship in the Orbital Assembly Line, OAL, it was to big the construct in the Orbital 

Assembly Space, OAS, so it was put in a container.

IIRC ships are always 'put in a container' (the DIY kit) after you create them in the assembly line, so it's: create kit, pull out kit, dock kit, construct ship.

This has always worked for me, altough I have to say I never dock the container with the workshop itself but with another (random) port on my ship:

- pull the container out of the assembly space, by docking your tug to the transport side (the only side available)
- dock the container to the ship with the construction side
- construct

Did this and it did not work.

IIRC ships are always 'put in a container' (the DIY kit) after you create them in the assembly line, so it's: create kit, pull out kit, dock kit, construct ship.

Not true, depends on the size of the ship, a small ship can be made  with out having to move and dock it. Pls see video.

Thanks for help.

Edited by DareDrop
error