[1.9-1.10] Global Construction

allista

This is a weird question but one I can't figure out.

I have three parts of a craft, a workshop, an assembly space, and the box that deploys the ship kits from.

I'm able to create a box that has the ship kits, it appears in the holding space, but I can not deploy the ship. I have no option on the assembly space to do that. Looking at some things say that you need to move the box from the holding space and dock it to the ship (that's what the video above shows, the kit is docked) but I've made a craft with a docking port and RCS, but I can't seem to connect the box to the craft on a docking port I've placed (but I can dock to the box just fine.

What is the utmost simple setup I would need to build a box, and deploy a ship from it, in orbit?

22 hours ago, DareDrop said:

Not true, depends on the size of the ship, a small ship can be made  with out having to move and dock it. Pls see video.

You're right, sorry.

But to be clear: The video starts at 14.07, is that intentional?

If so:
- what you're showing is the ground assembly line, not the orbital assembly
- as you can see, the ground assembly line first creates a container, which is than 'transformed' into a ship in the assembly space.

If not: the reason why there's no moving and docking in the first part of the video is because the ship already has a container docked to it. The second part (where the tug is created) effectively shows the ship being created in the assembly space.
My ships always are to big for this, I always need to create an empty container first :cool:

Edited by modus
Spelling

On 11/3/2020 at 5:48 AM, modus said:

But to be clear: The video starts at 14.07, is that intentional?

No

On 11/3/2020 at 5:48 AM, modus said:

what you're showing is the ground assembly line, not the orbital assembly

Not what I'm talking about. I am talking about the the Orbital Assembly Line, the Orbital Assembly Space and the Orbital Workshop.  Please reread my first post.

Thanks

I confirm control locking when adding vessel into DIY Kit in editor. On KSP 1.9.1 with Global Construction Core 2.6.4.1 and AT Utils 1.9.4. My KSP.log file has grown to freaking 527 MB! Yeah, text file. Line "MissingMethodException: AT_Utils.UIBundle AT_Utils.UIBundle.Create(string)" occurs there 181 thousand times.

After reverting to Global Construction Core 2.6.3.1 everything works fine.

So just that I understand the process of building a ship, this is what I would need to do..

If I have a single ship, comprised of an orbital workshop, orbital assembly space, and orbital assembly line..

1. use the orbital assembly line to build a box with a saved craft in it
2. the box then pops out of the orbital assembly space
3. use another craft to dock with the box, moved the box and dock it somewhere else on the craft
4. use the orbital workshop to build and deploy the craft

I could had sworn at one point I was able to deploy the craft from the assembly space without having to move it around, especially if it were a stand alone craft..

I could had sworn at one point I was able to deploy the craft from the assembly space without having to move it around, especially if it were a stand alone craft..

There is a pop up  that will tell you if the ship can be built in the Orbital assemble line.

Ok... So I have a very tiny craft (it's literally 4 parts), why can't I construct this in the bay?

I51rce1.png

This is the craft.. it should fit

vzZETY9.png

And likewise, I've been able to previously build the stock Jumping Flea in the assembly bay without having to reconfigure it.

On 12/29/2016 at 11:30 PM, allista said:

First, it don't just "pack" a ship. It "packs" only essential parts, materials, tools, etc. This decreases the mass considerably compared to the sum of parts.

Recently I attempted to establish a outpost capable of spacecraft construction and resource production on Minmus. It currently only consists a industrial vessel, with an orbital workshop and 6 of my finest engineers (career save). The only thing I need now is a ground assembly line, presumably on wheels. It is a large, unflightworthy rover, weighing 26 tons. However, as I attempt to pack that in a ground container kit, the kit weighs 18 tons, which is 70% the original weight, and much more than I anticipated! Usually cases, it weighs only half or a third of the weight of the original craft.

I've had the same problem, fixed it with this:

On 10/21/2020 at 5:04 AM, Master_of_Jak said:

I've been doing some tinkering with KSP v1.9.1 and Ground Construction, and I think it has to do with Ground Construction v.2.6.4.1 (compatible with 1.9.0 to 1.10.0) relying on AT Utils v.1.9.6 (compatible with 1.10.0 only).  If I leave AT Utils at 1.9.4 with GC v2.6.4.1, nothing works and I'm not able to launch or leave the VAB. I'm able to get subassemblies and individual parts to work in KSP 1.9.1 using AT Utils v.1.9.6 and GC v.2.6.4.1, but I haven't had any luck getting vessel selection to work directly. It's a bit of a work around, but it's better than nothing. Everything works if I roll back to AT Utils 1.9.4, and GC 2.6.3, though.

Hope that helps!

On 10/22/2020 at 9:32 AM, modus said:

Can confirm this works!

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to get this in 1.11, I want to build off planet, without cheating. e.g using hyperedit to spawn the ship and drain ore from the vessel(also, I feel like thats dumb, and I also want KK, and launching from that COSTS money, I want a mod that lets me make the interstellar trip, and then build my ship on site(less mass for the interstellar ship to lug around)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DiegoKeys said:

Unplayable...

kits deployed keep to move or "no ground contact" or suddenly explode randomly without reason

Maybe you should check the signature on the previous post to yours? Just saying...  

49 minutes ago, DiegoKeys said:

yes, if I wanted to get support. But I wanted only to share my frustration...

Winning move.

To help you then I'll let you know it's likely you doing something wrong, as I've never seen that issue, nor have I seen it come up in this thread.

So I'm aware that workshops intended to build the Ground Kits have the "Ground Workshop" function module, but what about things intended to build in orbit with the Dockable Kit Containers? Even this mod's own orbital workshop doesn't have any modules I can see that govern doing that. Which in turns is a bugger working out what to use from other mods to create orbital construction facilities. It obviously functions, but I'm not sure what makes it function and what else can be used. 

Currently planning to move a BIG (Thanks USI...) asteroid, and will likely have to build additions to the thruster block and possibly other infrastructure in situ. And trying to work out what to send in the initial launch and what to build there is a mild headache when I'm not sure what will work to actually build it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I got ton of ores & fuels but have no MaterialKits & no SpecializedParts can't start build new rocket, I can't find converter from ore to MaterialKits & SpecializedParts.
 Part Printer and Replicator converters none worked on v1.11.1

Edited by Wolves_Hero

Check that your installation has all the requirements.

For me, this works in 1.11.1. I've gone through the cycle of capturing an asteroid, mining it for Ore, converted that Ore to Material kits using ISRUs, then coverting the MatKits to SpecializedParts, and eventually constructing craft.