[1.9-1.10] Global Construction

allista

2 hours ago, DStaal said:

BTW: Does this use the Kerbal trait system?  That is, does it literally require 'Engineers' or does it require a Kerbal with a specific amount of 'repair' skill (which only engineers have in the base game)?

It does require kerbals with non-zero amount of ConstructionSkill that all engineers have.

1 minute ago, canisin said:

Hello what is the definition of Ground Construction -core? How can I get it without CKAN?

(What do I need to keep and what do I need to delete for MKS?)

Well, you could simply use the MKS archive which should bundle the -core component.

Anyway, the -core does not include Patches folder and only includes Parts/DIYKit.

1 minute ago, allista said:

Well, you could simply use the MKS archive which should bundle the -core component.

Anyway, the -core does not include Patches folder and only includes Parts/DIYKit.

ohh thanks a lot for this information. The mks download is not yet updated and it includes the full ground construction and configurable containers.

So, just to make things clear, I think I still need 000_AT_Utils, which is a requirement of GC, and 000_AT_Utils includes a ConfigurableContainers folder which only contains 4 cfg files.

So, what I have in the end are as follows:

000_AT_Utils -> containing Plugins, and only filter extensions.cfg (+version file)

ConfigurableContainers -> containing 4 cfg files (Cryo, GPO, tankConf, tankTypes) (+version file)

and GroundConstruction -> everything minus Patches, SpaceCrane and MobileWorkshop.

Correct? :):)

2 minutes ago, canisin said:

ohh thanks a lot for this information. The mks download is not yet updated and it includes the full ground construction and configurable containers.

So, just to make things clear, I think I still need 000_AT_Utils, which is a requirement of GC, and 000_AT_Utils includes a ConfigurableContainers folder which only contains 4 cfg files.

So, what I have in the end are as follows:

000_AT_Utils -> containing Plugins, and only filter extensions.cfg (+version file)

ConfigurableContainers -> containing 4 cfg files (Cryo, GPO, tankConf, tankTypes) (+version file)

and GroundConstruction -> everything minus Patches, SpaceCrane and MobileWorkshop.

Correct? :):)

Correct! :)

16 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

FYI - in MKS-Land, this is Engineers, Mechanics, and Technicians.

Interesting - I'd asked because I tried a Technician and didn't get them to work.  (Might have something to do with the 'not seeing transferred Kerbals' issue I'm having.  Further investigation shows that they do properly transfer *out* of their old location - just not *in* to their new one.)

Hi Allista,

I'm trying to update from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2.1 in CKAN, and it says "Module GroundConstruction-Core required but it is not listed in the index, or not available for your version of KSP."

I assume this module is in AT Utils (which I do have installed of course). So could there be something in the config that's telling CKAN something that's confusing it?

5 minutes ago, FirroSeranel said:

Hi Allista,

I'm trying to update from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2.1 in CKAN, and it says "Module GroundConstruction-Core required but it is not listed in the index, or not available for your version of KSP."

I assume this module is in AT Utils (which I do have installed of course). So could there be something in the config that's telling CKAN something that's confusing it?

No. CKAN people just haven't merged my pull-request yet: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/5282

1 minute ago, FirroSeranel said:

Ah, okay. I'll just chill then. Thanks!

I've tried managing mods manually, but I'm one of those people who run 50-100 mods, and it's just a nightmare, trying to keep everything up to date and cross-compatible by hand.

Understandable. And I have nothing to say against CKAN stuff; they do tremendous work!

Same CKAN issue here. After a fresh pull and build, here's my CKAN output:

CKAN/_build$ mono ckan.exe 

(mono:31863): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",

(mono:31863): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",
7514 [Threadpool worker] ERROR CKAN.RelationshipResolver (null) - Dependency on GroundConstruction-Core found but it is not listed in the index, or not available for your version of KSP.
7523 [Threadpool worker] WARN CKAN.Repo (null) - Skipping installation of UKS due to relationship error.
17732 [Threadpool worker] ERROR CKAN.RelationshipResolver (null) - Dependency on GroundConstruction-Core found but it is not listed in the index, or not available for your version of KSP.
  • Ignore 'Gtk-WARNING' messages.
  • 7514 and 7523 on CKAN startup.
  • 17732 on attempted update of Ground Construction from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2.1.
    • I get the same error when trying to update any mod that claims it as a dependency.

The PR allista submitted to NETKAN appears to have been merged. I do not yet know how to install using the local NETKAN.

Edited by seevee
removed irrelevant details