Official 2012 Olympics Thread

Lord Wasteland

im finding this awesome. and the queen, jumping out of a helicopter xD id hate to be down south right now, london will be completely grid locked for the next month lol

Edit: to quote lee evans (best english comedian xD): they just make it up 'madeupistan' (said: made-up-i-stan) then the guy just runs back, changes hats, and name 'hesbackistan' (he\'s-back-i-stan)

MR BEAN FLUFFY BUNNIES YEAH!

It\'s funny: Adele couldn\'t perform because she\'s preggers.... when there\'s an 8-MONTHS PREGNANT OLYMPIAN OUT THERE!

How shockingly funny! It couldn\'t possibly be that some people have different ways of dealing with pregnancy! It couldn\'t possibly be that a pregnant Olympian would be more committed to showing up at the games than someone who has no real ties or obligation to them.

Derp.

Saw the Red Arrows go over on their way back from London yesterday.

That was probably one of the best Ceremonies I\'ve ever seen. Going to remember the Olympic Rings, Parachuting Queeny and Chariots of Fire parts for ever.

Watching right now. The opening has been, erm, odd to say the least.

are you british? im guessing not. the ceremonies are to to do with the host countrys past, present and future. it was brilliant for great britan!

is it true that the us media CUT OUT the tribute to the 7/7 bombings?!

The US is also the reason why it was so late at night, it\'s so it would be midday in the US at the time of the opening ceremony (more people would be watching), and the US could make money from advertising.

Tragic, isn\'t it?

The US is also the reason why it was so late at night, it\'s so it would be midday in the US at the time of the opening ceremony (more people would be watching), and the US could make money from advertising.

Tragic, isn\'t it?

seriously?? is that what you think? due to the fact mods would get angry at my post, i have re-writen that first sentence 4 times to be appropriate. it was on at night in the UK by request of Danny Boyle (he was the guy who brought it all together, the head-honcho of the ceremony) as it would make a better impact at night. the us had no input to the ceremony, or to the timing. NOW STFU!!

seriously?? is that what you think? due to the fact mods would get angry at my post, i have re-writen that first sentence 4 times to be appropriate. it was on at night in the UK by request of Danny Boyle (he was the guy who brought it all together, the head-honcho of the ceremony) as it would make a better impact at night.

Yeah, no way that could possibly mean US commercial interests were involved. It\'s not like this is a billions-of-dollars\'-worth international event, right?

Whatever it was, those opening ceremonies were rather underwhelming to say the least. I want to actually watch athletes, not some self-celebratory tour de force.

Yeah, no way that could possibly mean US commercial interests were involved. It\'s not like this is a billions-of-dollars\'-worth international event, right?

Whatever it was, those opening ceremonies were rather underwhelming to say the least. I want to actually watch athletes, not some self-celebratory tour de force.

im guessing your not english? refer to the last post on the first page.

im guessing your not english? refer to the last post on the first page.

I\'m guessing you think one post containing a grand total of one line of text without any rationed argument constitutes unfalsifiable proof because you are English (if I\'m guessing right)? Would you believe me if I told you America is better than the UK, because I\'m an American?

The one thing I wonder from the Opening Ceremony is, where was the WWII tribute?

The silence we had part way through the history of Britain bit.

All in all I quite enjoyed the ceremony, and I hope we put on a good show that everyone enjoyed.

Let the sports begin. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.