TMasterson5

Red vs Blue Continued

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, njmksr said:

It was pretty nice, but I feel like a medium should comfortably house four AMRAAMs. Do you think there'd be any way to do that?

It actually can house 4x AMRAAM, since i has 2 attachment points there and I always put 4 inside and because of clearance check, the bottom one was always launched first thus it worked pretty well. :) I will test it a bit more today/tomorrow and let you know how it works right now. :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Toonu said:

Hi @TMasterson5, can you add Medium stealth bay into the pack? I own no part of that part since I just edited small bay into medium. But the medium created by me can hold AIM-120 AMRAAMS, JDAM bombs or even some smaller cruise missiles, perfect for F-22/F-35 :wink:

If you convert the texture file to the same format as the rest of the mod yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Toonu said:

It actually can house 4x AMRAAM, since i has 2 attachment points there and I always put 4 inside and because of clearance check, the bottom one was always launched first thus it worked pretty well. :) I will test it a bit more today/tomorrow and let you know how it works right now. :D

I would always cram 4 in there and I never got it to work. It was very nice though, I hope you've gotten it to work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I will look into the issue in some free time, which I'm missing right now because of school and work. :wink: 

I will also update textures and convert config to BDA 1.0.0 stealth and RAM. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I found few minutes to quickly test my bay and I figured out, 2 AMRAAMS packed inside is bit tricky, sometimes it works, sometimes it won't. Thus I want to make one more bay as Large bay with place for 4 AMRAAMs (just bigger bays, less fuel inside). I also set up the numbers to BDA 1.0.0 RAM. Textures are converted as DDS, what format they should be in? :wink:

Edited by Toonu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7. 11. 2017 at 4:44 PM, njmksr said:

I would always cram 4 in there and I never got it to work. It was very nice though, I hope you've gotten it to work!

Update here!

Actually I can push 4x AMRAAM here, but then, the fuselage don't have any middle place for fuel. Thus there are two options, pack AMRAAMs above each other in U shape where bottom will shoot first, or leave it as it is and "cheat" fuel as it is somewhere, even when there is only half of the mk2 fuselage left. 

http://prntscr.com/hapl7o

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2017 at 11:18 AM, Toonu said:

Update here!

Actually I can push 4x AMRAAM here, but then, the fuselage don't have any middle place for fuel. Thus there are two options, pack AMRAAMs above each other in U shape where bottom will shoot first, or leave it as it is and "cheat" fuel as it is somewhere, even when there is only half of the mk2 fuselage left. 

http://prntscr.com/hapl7o

 

Looking at that picture, you can clearly see that the AMRAAMS clip into the model. Until that issue is resolved I wont include this in the download, an no cheating fuel into it isnt an option either. Sorry man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TMasterson5 said:

Looking at that picture, you can clearly see that the AMRAAMS clip into the model. Until that issue is resolved I wont include this in the download, an no cheating fuel into it isnt an option either. Sorry man

This image was WIP. Now they have more space around and simply because you don't like the look you won't include it? I can release that in my pack then...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2017 at 4:28 PM, Toonu said:

This image was WIP. Now they have more space around and simply because you don't like the look you won't include it? I can release that in my pack then...

 

Yes because i se I know that the mods original creator valued the appearance of things and I value function  a missile clipping through the bay distorts both of those things. And okay go for it? Not sure if you thought that threat would change my mind but it certainly does not. 

 

1 hour ago, DiscoveryPlanet said:

is it works in KSP 1.3.1??

btw where i can find this part of the plane? cos i need it for save my missile like F22 or Sukhoi Pak FA 1c7MVQz.jpg

 

Yes, and by downloading the mod?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wasn't a thread, it was assurance it has changed and the picture was just to show things... You are still talking about part clipping but you even don't know how the part looks like now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2017 at 2:28 PM, Toonu said:

It wasn't a thread, it was assurance it has changed and the picture was just to show things... You are still talking about part clipping but you even don't know how the part looks like now.

Then provide proof otherwise

On 11/25/2017 at 7:19 AM, DiscoveryPlanet said:

ooh yes sorry hahaha, can you make the shorter one for "WeaponsBayLarge"

I am not adding parts to the mod as I am just here to maintain it in its creators absence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DownHereInChile said:

Thank you so much for keeping this mod alive! I certainly miss it on CKAN, but it's more than enough to know it's still here.

Yeah sorry in my experience CKAN creates more issues than it solves, so I keep my stuff on dropbox. Glad you like the mod though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Release 4 will be uploaded shortly to the dropbox and includes fixed textures, some bugfixing/reworking, and the long awaited medium bays in both styles. Enjoy and as always let me know if you run into any issues!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2018 at 7:28 AM, TMasterson5 said:

Release 4 will be uploaded shortly to the dropbox and includes fixed textures, some bugfixing/reworking, and the long awaited medium bays in both styles. Enjoy and as always let me know if you run into any issues!

whooooooooa really excited right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DiscoveryPlanet said:

whooooooooa really excited right now

Glad you like it. next in line is working on the missiles to get their animations working again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2017 at 4:17 PM, TMasterson5 said:
On 1/12/2017 at 12:26 AM, blu3wolf said:

Would it be much effort to add the license to the OP? I am aware it is included in the download.

It wouldnt be, but why

Because it is required by the forum rules.

You dont need to put the full license, just the name.

On 1/3/2018 at 11:16 AM, TMasterson5 said:

Yeah sorry in my experience CKAN creates more issues than it solves, so I keep my stuff on dropbox. Glad you like the mod though!

Dropbox and CKAN are unrelated.  Dropbox is file storage, CKAN is a mod manager.

why not use Github, its free and very fast?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI, clicking on the Assorted Patches link gors to a dropbox login

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Because it is required by the forum rules.

You dont need to put the full license, just the name.

Dropbox and CKAN are unrelated.  Dropbox is file storage, CKAN is a mod manager.

why not use Github, its free and very fast?

Idk what you mean by that. I use dropbox because in my experience CKAN  causes more issues than it solves, Spacedock is slow and unreliable, and manually installing mods is not hard at all.

Dropbox is fast, stable, and has never caused me a single issue, so I stick with it.

13 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

FYI, clicking on the Assorted Patches link gors to a dropbox login

Fixed, thanks, link permissions error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TMasterson5 said:

Dropbox is fast, stable, and has never caused me a single issue, so I stick with it.

I have run into issues where too many people downloaded a file from Dropbox, so they cut it off.  

CKAN and Dropbox are unrelated, why do you keep mixing them together?  I'm not going to argue about CKAN, it's your opinion.  But I suggested possibly using Github instead of Dropbox, it is faster, and has source control so you can go back to older versions if you want.

Thanks for fixing the permissions

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I decided to pop on and check out the forums to see what's new and what my old friends are up to and BLAMMO! I stumbled into this thread. Glad to see people are still interested in the mod and thanks to @TMasterson5 for taking over from SpannerMonkey and keeping this little guy alive and up to date! :cool:

To address some issues:

The large Red bay is scaled for AMRAAMs, and I even modelled the extension launcher from the F-22 for it (which I couldn't get it to work because of many reasons). IIRC BDA's AMRAAMs don't fit all 4 because the AIM 120s that Baha made are the  A/B series, and the ones that would fit 4 in the bay were C/D series with the clipped wings/fins that are used on the F-22/35 (they may have needed to be staggered... I forget now). Though I started a 120D model, I never bothered to finish it as I started working on a modular missile system, so I just made the current missiles as sort of placeholders while I decided how I was going to implement my BuildYourOwnMissile/Gun mod (based on my original Kerbal Dynamics mod idea)... but I digress. If someone models a 120C/D properly and close to scale, 4x AMRAAM should fit and eject just fine without requiring a bigger bay.

As for the AI, IIRC they have problems opening the bay because it needed to have the bay linked to a key and be programmed to hit the key to open the bay before deploying the weapon... but I don't think Baha ever got around to it (I could be wrong though), so whoever is running BDA (or its replacement) needs to add that launch sequence to the AI controller for it to work. Perhaps linking it to part detection? Not sure how that would be best implemented.

And I apologize for the medium bay. I had intended to build a AIM-9 bay but life got in the way, so I am sorry for not getting that one done and out before life showed up, smacked me upside the head with Lucille, and turned my little RvB into an orphan. :(

Finally I shall leave with a historical fun fact: If you're wondering why RvB is like how it is, it's because I originally intended that Red and Blue have different design philosophies to give each a unique balance and flavour inspired by all the "build your best jet fighter" challenges: Red is China + Russia + US (using Russian/Chinese ordnance) aggressor; while Blue is everyone else (with US, South African, Israeli and European ordnance). Obviously Blue was at a disadvantage, but that's what made it fun. :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

So I decided to pop on and check out the forums to see what's new and what my old friends are up to and BLAMMO! I stumbled into this thread. Glad to see people are still interested in the mod and thanks to @TMasterson5 for taking over from SpannerMonkey and keeping this little guy alive and up to date! :cool:

To address some issues:

The large Red bay is scaled for AMRAAMs, and I even modelled the extension launcher from the F-22 for it (which I couldn't get it to work because of many reasons). IIRC BDA's AMRAAMs don't fit all 4 because the AIM 120s that Baha made are the  A/B series, and the ones that would fit 4 in the bay were C/D series with the clipped wings/fins that are used on the F-22/35 (they may have needed to be staggered... I forget now). Though I started a 120D model, I never bothered to finish it as I started working on a modular missile system, so I just made the current missiles as sort of placeholders while I decided how I was going to implement my BuildYourOwnMissile/Gun mod (based on my original Kerbal Dynamics mod idea)... but I digress. If someone models a 120C/D properly and close to scale, 4x AMRAAM should fit and eject just fine without requiring a bigger bay.

As for the AI, IIRC they have problems opening the bay because it needed to have the bay linked to a key and be programmed to hit the key to open the bay before deploying the weapon... but I don't think Baha ever got around to it (I could be wrong though), so whoever is running BDA (or its replacement) needs to add that launch sequence to the AI controller for it to work. Perhaps linking it to part detection? Not sure how that would be best implemented.

And I apologize for the medium bay. I had intended to build a AIM-9 bay but life got in the way, so I am sorry for not getting that one done and out before life showed up, smacked me upside the head with Lucille, and turned my little RvB into an orphan. :(

Finally I shall leave with a historical fun fact: If you're wondering why RvB is like how it is, it's because I originally intended that Red and Blue have different design philosophies to give each a unique balance and flavour inspired by all the "build your best jet fighter" challenges: Red is China + Russia + US (using Russian/Chinese ordnance) aggressor; while Blue is everyone else (with US, South African, Israeli and European ordnance). Obviously Blue was at a disadvantage, but that's what made it fun. :D

Hey welcome back man!

 

I actually addressed that issue just by adding two more bay sizes, so that issue is solved, so no worries there.

 

Does this mean youre coming back orrrrrrr?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2018 at 8:03 AM, Scoundrel said:

The large Red bay is scaled for AMRAAMs, and I even modelled the extension launcher from the F-22 for it (which I couldn't get it to work because of many reasons). IIRC BDA's AMRAAMs don't fit all 4 because the AIM 120s that Baha made are the  A/B series, and the ones that would fit 4 in the bay were C/D series with the clipped wings/fins that are used on the F-22/35 (they may have needed to be staggered... I forget now). Though I started a 120D model, I never bothered to finish it as I started working on a modular missile system, so I just made the current missiles as sort of placeholders while I decided how I was going to implement my BuildYourOwnMissile/Gun mod (based on my original Kerbal Dynamics mod idea)... but I digress. If someone models a 120C/D properly and close to scale, 4x AMRAAM should fit and eject just fine without requiring a bigger bay.

Funny, I've always managed to cram 6 BDA AMRAAMs in there. Either way, it's a wonderful bay!

Thanks for your work on this mod, it's one of my favorites by far.

Edited by njmksr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.