[1.12.x] TAC Self Destruct Continued

linuxgurugamer

Continuing an old, but good little mod from @TaranisElsu, old thread here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/23815-102-tac-self-destruct-v151-13may/

Because KSP needs more reliably planned explosions

Features

• Self Destruct mode makes the entire vessel explode! Make sure you EVA your crew first! Waits 5 seconds and goes through a countdown sequence before activating.
  • Explode parent only makes the Self Destruct part explode. Useful for creating a little explosion or getting rid of the extra weight. Not responsible for damage to the vessel.
  • Abort Self Destruct -- stops the self destruct sequence, preventing the vessel from being destroyed. But where is the fun in that?
  • Can be activated from EVA.
  • Integrated with KAS so you can attach, detach, move, and store the part.
  • Can add to the staging list and activate by staging.
  • The Time Delay and whether to allow staging are both now changeable in the game, even during flight!
  • The countdown is now togglable and is hidden when the game UI is hidden.

Pictures

SelfDestruct.png

Download

Spacedock:http://spacedock.info/mod/1135/Tac Self Destruct Continued

Github: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/TacSelfDestruct

License: CC-BY-NC-SA-3.0

Patreon.png

https://www.patreon.com/linuxgurugamer

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Wow brilliant idea!

I installed the mod, but cannot find it in the vehicle assembly building. In which section it is? Also I am playing the Science game, which technology will I find the charge in? I did not find it but I may miss something...

On 1/3/2017 at 0:00 AM, Frag2000 said:

Wow brilliant idea!

I installed the mod, but cannot find it in the vehicle assembly building. In which section it is? Also I am playing the Science game, which technology will I find the charge in? I did not find it but I may miss something...

It's a part, in the advScienceTech

Utility category

Just now, Tristonwilson12 said:

I made a custom part for this @linuxgurugamer if you want it, its pretty small.. nothing special, I just like it better then the little box that is included 7da4a27cb3.png

Looks good, please send it along.  I'll add it as a higher level box, since it is smaller.

Thanks

New release: 1.6.1

• Added new part:  RSO Flight Termination System Unit, thanks @Tristonwilson12
  • Adjusted values in X-1100 to make it available in lower level
  • Renamed source directory
  • Moved parts into subdirectory

Note that if you install this by hand, you MUST delete the old directory before installing the new one.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

17 minutes ago, Jebs_SY said:

@linuxgurugamer

In my CKAN the installed version has the version number in the version field: "CC-BY-NC-SA-3.0" in CKAN itself. Is my CKAN broken or can you confirm/fix this?

I can confirm.  Looks like a CKAN bug

It was a mistake in the PREVIOUS release.

It's been fixed,

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to trigger the self-destruct by destroying the part, i.e. by hitting it above its impact tolerance?

Also, the self-destruct doesn't seem to work when the countdown is set to 'invisible'.

Edited by Mitchz95

12 hours ago, Mitchz95 said:

Is it possible to trigger the self-destruct by destroying the part, i.e. by hitting it above its impact tolerance?

Also, the self-destruct doesn't seem to work when the countdown is set to 'invisible'.

No, hitting it above impact tolerance will simply do the normal KSP thing.

I'll look into the issue about the countdown timer, thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.