[1.2.2] RSSVE-Lite: Visual Enhancements for Potatoes v0.1.0

Andi K.

Hey, I don't know if you're still looking at this thread, but I am having this problem with getting close to certain planets. If you look at the picture, you'll know exactly what problem I'm having. The atmosphere turns greenish, blue. I really don't want this. Any way to prevent this. Do I have to anything in the code of the game or something?

52 minutes ago, Varunz16 said:

Hey, I don't know if you're still looking at this thread, but I am having this problem with getting close to certain planets. If you look at the picture, you'll know exactly what problem I'm having. The atmosphere turns greenish, blue. I really don't want this. Any way to prevent this. Do I have to anything in the code of the game or something?

Honestly haven't been paying to this thread or this mod. I might update this and fix the problem you're talking about after I have a bit of extra time.

On 17/01/2018 at 10:10 PM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Honestly haven't been paying to this thread or this mod. I might update this and fix the problem you're talking about after I have a bit of extra time.

Alright. Thanks bro. Just wanted to let you know because other people might also be getting affected by this... 

Hey, I'd love to start using this mod instead of RSSVE, since I get such a massive performance boost.  Only thing is, I can't get over the fact that Mars' atmosphere is blue.  I'm doing a Mars base, so I'm seeing the atmo from the ground a lot, and the blue is killing me.  Is there any way to change the color of an atmosphere?

48 minutes ago, NFunky said:

Hey, I'd love to start using this mod instead of RSSVE, since I get such a massive performance boost.  Only thing is, I can't get over the fact that Mars' atmosphere is blue.  I'm doing a Mars base, so I'm seeing the atmo from the ground a lot, and the blue is killing me.  Is there any way to change the color of an atmosphere?

I believe that mars has a blue-tinted atmosphere in RSS by default. Either way, I'll try to fix that. I'm planning on updating RSSVE-light this weekend.

Awesome, I'm looking forward to it!

I did a little tinkering and it look like, for some reason, Mars has a comment // in front of its "lightColor" setting in the RSS Kopernicus folder.  As soon as I removed the // from that cfg, the RSSVE_Global_Config settings took effect, and I was able to change the atmosphere color.  It's really weird in how the RGB numbers are read though.  It almost acts like 0 is full brightness, and any value higher than 0 lowers the brightness.  Just thought I'd let you know.

My sky color is passable, but I'm sure you'll have a better one.

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, Neil_Kerman said:

Buddy you saved my life! I love you ( i don't hope my girlfriend sees this post)! :sticktongue:

Thanks! I know I said I'd update this a while ago, and I didn't really keep my promise lol. If I have a bit of extra time here and there, I'll work on updating this.

Just now, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Thanks! I know I said I'd update this a while ago, and I didn't really keep my promise lol. If I have a bit of extra time here and there, I'll work on updating this.

Yup, but I have 1.2.2, so this is the most helpful one! BTW, do you know when RSS is going to update 1.3.1?

Just now, Neil_Kerman said:

Yup, but I have 1.2.2, so this is the most helpful one! BTW, do you know when RSS is going to update 1.3.1?

I think it's already compatible with 1.3.1 if you use the patch that Galileo created. However, RO and RP-0 are not updated to 1.3.1 yet so I'm not sure if you'd want to use RSS in 1.3.1.

2 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

I think it's already compatible with 1.3.1 if you use the patch that Galileo created. However, RO and RP-0 are not updated to 1.3.1 yet so I'm not sure if you'd want to use RSS in 1.3.1.

RSS without RO? naaaaaahhhhhhhhh! But its written 1.2.2 on the RSS thread. Will you mind to provide me a link to the RSS 1.3.1 thread?

3 minutes ago, Neil_Kerman said:

RSS without RO? naaaaaahhhhhhhhh! But its written 1.2.2 on the RSS thread. Will you mind to provide me a link to the RSS 1.3.1 thread?

There's not an official thread for it, there is only an unofficial patch. Here's a link:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/12/2018 at 6:12 AM, LopoMetello said:

Is it possible to update RSSVE-lite to match Real Solar System v13.1for KSP 1.4.5.?

If not, which mod can I use to have clouds on earth? 

Thanks

No, it can't be used in KSP v1.4.5

The color of the atmosphere is totally wrong.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.