Why make it so painful to post images? Why no preview?

Dr Wily

I'm sorry, but this forum is very poorly designed. Why can't I insert images that don't come from imgur? I don't want to use it, any HTML based image source should do. Furthermore, where is the preview button? Even the most basic, out of the box forums come with a preview button. Funny that one of the most advanced games out there has one of the least advanced forums. 

Edited by Dr Wily

You should be able to post any http image link, and it should convert itself into an embedded picture as you're typing. Since the forum uses a WYSIWYG editor, a preview button is less useful than a forum that's strictly markup-only.

It can actually be quite annoying if you only want to post a link to the image.

screenshot115.jpg

One image, hosted on my own server. Which image in particular are you trying to link to or embed?

Edit: Moved the thread to the Kerbal Network. It's a bit more on-topic there.

Edited by technicalfool
Thread move.

3 hours ago, Dr Wily said:

I'm sorry, but this forum is very poorly designed. Why can't I insert images that don't come from imgur? I don't want to use it, any HTML based image source should do. Furthermore, where is the preview button? Even the most basic, out of the box forums come with a preview button. Funny that one of the most advanced games out there has one of the least advanced forums. 

You're preaching to the choir Wily. We've been saying things like this for over a year without even the slightest improvement.

4 hours ago, Dr Wily said:

One quirk that may not be immediately apparent is that the handler for image URLs only works if the URL ends in an image filename suffix such as "png". Other images (e.g., screenshots uploaded to Steam) can be inserted manually via the dropdown in the lower right.

7r2RtTl.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.