[1.3.X] [Kopernicus] Cerillion

The White Guardian

Cerillion

ubn6lEd.png

This mod adds a planet called 'Cerillion' to the Kerbal solar system, as well as it's four moons - Mavis, Shirley, Jacob and Disparia. Cerillion comes bundled with several configurations for other mods such as EVE, as well as hand-made textures, including an 8K cloudmap.

Cerillion is entirely procedurally generated, has full science support as well as 15 unique biomes to explore. If that's not enough, we've got you covered! Cerillion has various strange geological anomalies to visit and fly through. It's orange atmosphere has a strange composition, but does contain enough oxygen for jet engines to function.

Also, I love it when people make videos of this planet! :D

Official Trailer

Facts about Cerillion - a recordbreaking planet pack:

- For the first time in history of KSP planet packs, a planet pack features easter eggs in the form of custom 3D models.

- For the first time in the history of KSP planet packs, a planet pack features custom terrain scatter models (with working textures!)

Image Gallery

Downloads

Pick one of the following websites.

Current version: V4.0 'Limitbreaker'

SpaceDock (V4.0)

Google Drive (V4.0)

Old versions:

Spoiler

Google Drive (V3.0 - Earthshaker)

Google Drive (V2.2 - LagCruncher)

Google Drive (V2.1)

Google Drive (V1.0)

Edited by The White Guardian
Full 1.3 support

11 hours ago, Swedishish said:

Works fine in 1.2.2 with OPM but, installing Cerillion seems to break Environmental Visual Enhancements. 

Oh dear, that is NOT supposed to happen. Are you running EVE on OPM as well? Because in that case it could be some weird interaction.

It could also be that you don't have the default EVE textures installed, some of which are required for Cerillion, therefore if you're running something like SVE and have no BoulderCo folder, the cause is most likely a filepath error.

9 hours ago, SAS123 said:

What About Planet Cyran? I wonder if you could make Cerillion A moon of Cyran as a Compatibility Patch?

Cyran's system is already oversized as is, there's no need to add another moon. Cerillion orbits far enough from Cyarn IIRC, if it doesn't I'll write a patch that moves it further away, but it will not orbit Cyran, partly because that'd be a waste of such magnificent rings.

1 hour ago, Skalou said:

could be great to give the link to here in spacedock.

Good thinking, I'll add that.

10 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Oh dear, that is NOT supposed to happen. Are you running EVE on OPM as well? Because in that case it could be some weird interaction.

It could also be that you don't have the default EVE textures installed, some of which are required for Cerillion, therefore if you're running something like SVE and have no BoulderCo folder, the cause is most likely a filepath error.

Oh I see! I am indeed running SVE without the BoulderCo folder. I tried again with the right BoulderCo assets (no .cfg's), and it works great! Thanks @The White Guardian !

38 minutes ago, Swedishish said:

Oh I see! I am indeed running SVE without the BoulderCo folder. I tried again with the right BoulderCo assets (no .cfg's), and it works great! Thanks @The White Guardian !

Anytime. I suppose I should bundle it with the next update of Cerillion.

Next update is also going to feature Scatterer.

13 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Would it be OK for me to add it to CKAN?

But how would that work with updating and stuff like Scatterer?

How does CKAN work anyway?

3 hours ago, A Kerbal Engineer said:

Help i cant get Kopernicus to work can someone pls help me install it and the planet doesnt show up

Quoting Sarbian again: "no logs -> no support"

Ergo, simply 'please help it doens't work' tells me nothing about the problem itself. Right now the problem could be literally anything, from a bad KSP install to a mod issue.

Therefore, could you provide me with a screenshot of your GameData folder? I'd like to check if all necessary folders are present.

That the planet doesn't show up isn't a mircale, Kopernicus is the engine behind this. No Kopernicus, no Cerillion.

Anyhow, please supply me with either:

- a screenshot of the contents of your GameData folder

or:

- sum up all of the folders in your GameData folder.

Don't worry, we'll get to the bottom of this problem.

1 hour ago, The White Guardian said:

CKAN will be told what mods this depends on, and will install them automatically with the most up-to-date.  If you include those mods inside the zip, it will ignore those directories.

I'd be happy to deal with any CKAN issues for you, if any arise

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

CKAN will be told what mods this depends on, and will install them automatically with the most up-to-date.  If you include those mods inside the zip, it will ignore those directories.

I'd be happy to deal with any CKAN issues for you, if any arise

Thanks a lot for the offer, and I'd gladly accept your help! :D

18 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

Quoting Sarbian again: "no logs -> no support"

Ergo, simply 'please help it doens't work' tells me nothing about the problem itself. Right now the problem could be literally anything, from a bad KSP install to a mod issue.

Therefore, could you provide me with a screenshot of your GameData folder? I'd like to check if all necessary folders are present.

That the planet doesn't show up isn't a mircale, Kopernicus is the engine behind this. No Kopernicus, no Cerillion.

Anyhow, please supply me with either:

- a screenshot of the contents of your GameData folder

or:

- sum up all of the folders in your GameData folder.

Don't worry, we'll get to the bottom of this problem.

ok so how should i send you the pics ? can i sent them to you via Email?

4 hours ago, A Kerbal Engineer said:

ok so how should i send you the pics ? can i sent them to you via Email?

Yes, but the most convenient way would be the following:

1. Make an Imgur account (or login with another account like Google)

2. Upload the image there

3. Click on the image, and copy the link that ends with the filetype, for example .png or .jpeg.

4. Post the link in a message here and it'll automatically turn into the image. The KSP forums automatically does this with any image link that ends with a filetype extension, including Google Images searches.

For example:

LINK: http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/670/809/842.jpg

And pasted in normally:

842.jpg

1 hour ago, The White Guardian said:

Yes, but the most convenient way would be the following:

1. Make an Imgur account (or login with another account like Google)

2. Upload the image there

3. Click on the image, and copy the link that ends with the filetype, for example .png or .jpeg.

4. Post the link in a message here and it'll automatically turn into the image. The KSP forums automatically does this with any image link that ends with a filetype extension, including Google Images searches.

For example:

LINK: http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/670/809/842.jpg

And pasted in normally:

842.jpg

Ok so heres the pick http://imgur.com/a/oROGS

@A Kerbal Engineer all necessary files seem to be in place. It could also be a mod incompatibility, try removing all mods but Cerillion, Kopernicus, ModularFlightIntegrator and ModuleManager.

@A Kerbal Engineer Wait a minute...

The KSP folder reads 'V1.2.0.1586'

futurama-fry-gif-wallpaper-4.jpg

Hmm...

I have a gut feeling that you installed Kopernicus for 1.2.2 or 1.2.1 while you in fact have version 1.2.0. Try the following Kopernicus version:

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/tag/release-1.2.0-3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.