[1.3.X] [Kopernicus] Cerillion

The White Guardian

I like it! :)

On 1/1/2017 at 11:05 AM, The White Guardian said:

Cerillion comes bundled with several configurations for other mods such as EVE, as well as hand-made textures, including an 8K cloudmap.

I did a quick test landing, and never saw clouds? I have EVE installed.

Spoiler

wg8ORKx.png

1 hour ago, MalevolentNinja said:

I like it! :)

I did a quick test landing, and never saw clouds? I have EVE installed.

Reveal hidden contents

wg8ORKx.png

This is why I don't support CKAN myself, I have no idea what to do if something goes wrong.

Could you check your KSP's GameData folder? Add to that, do the clouds appear in the map view?

Edited by The White Guardian

@MalevolentNinja I think I know what the problem is. Looking at your mods list you use @Galileo's amazing work with SVE as clouds. The thing is that Cerillion uses textures from the default EVE cloud configurations, namely the detail, noise and particle textures. Here's what to do:

1. Go to the following page: https://github.com/WazWaz/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases

2. Download the file 'AnyCPU-Configs-Release.zip'

3. Go to your KSP's directory (the folder containing the KSP.exe file)

4. In the KSP directory, you should find a folder named 'GameData'. Open this folder.

5. Open the downloaded ZIP-file with any program. Inside is a folder named 'GameData', open this folder up as well. Inside is a folder named 'BoulderCo'. Drag and drop this folder into the 'GameData' folder in your KSP's directory.

6. To avoid unwanted cloud interaction with SVE, you can delete all files save for the following:

BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures/detail1

BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures/uvnoise1

BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures/Particle/rgb

BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures/particle/particle_NRM

Make sure that these four files aren't deleted or moved, and are present on startup. All other files can be deleted, as long as these four are present.

@Waz can I actually bundle those textures (given proper credit of course) in future versions of this mod to avoid this problem?

47 minutes ago, MalevolentNinja said:

Yep this fixed it, thanks. I see the clouds on Cerillion now. :)

Hide contents

mBSz2sC.jpg

Glad to hear it worked, and nice screenshot!

By the way, everyone, I have an announcement to make. I'm working on several expansions for Cerillion, moons and mods (like replacing Kerbin with Cerillion). These won't be done anytime soon, but should freshen up the Cerillion experience.

6 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

Let me plan some transfer windows real quick.

Done. Here's a plot showing transfer windows:

I dont really know how to read that but thanks! I installed the transfer window planner so i will try to learn this strange language XD

• 3 weeks later...

Pushing out an update for this in a few minutes to support Kopernicus' fancy new ring shaders.

This means that updating to the latest Kopernicus version is required or the game won't know what to do with the new parsers.

Scratch that, this new ring system is unstable as *bleep*!

This is gonna take some effort to get to work, people. :/

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, electricpants said:

bump

Just a thought,  but since Cerillion is a desert, I think it would fit better between Kerbin and Eve.

Again, just a thought. :wink:

Did you look at the image in the OP?

Cerillion has oceans, that'd make it a terra-class planet rather than a desert. Due to Duna not trapping any heat with that poor excuse for an atmosphere that it has, Cerillion receives enough heat to stay warm thanks to it's average distance and greenhouse gas presence in the thick atmosphere. I personally think it's fine where it is right now, where it's not making any part of the stock system rather crowded but sits nicely behind Duna. That doesn't mean you can't edit the orbit yourself, heck feel free to put it wherever you want if you know how to do that. :wink:

4 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

Did you look at the image in the OP?

terra-class planet rather than a desert -snip- That doesn't mean you can't edit the orbit yourself

1) So if the Sahara desert became a planet, because of small little oasises, it would be a terra-class planet, just like Earth?

2) You can now do that with the cheat console. :wink:

17 hours ago, electricpants said:

1) So if the Sahara desert became a planet, because of small little oasises, it would be a terra-class planet, just like Earth?

2) You can now do that with the cheat console. :wink:

1) What I'm saying is, Cerillion's lake-land ratio is great enough for it to be considered a terra, this is not the same for the sahara. In that case the correct term would be 'backwater terra', because it DOES have water, although in very low quantities. But near those oasises, it would be like Earth indeed, good enough for a nice ESI score.

One question, I'm trying to make a Jool new moon, something like Tylo, but with "dust oceans", oceans with the texture of granite, to make dust pools that behave like water.

Do you think it's a good idea? And if so, or if not, I'm open to sugestions.

1 hour ago, Nailed it! said:

One question, I'm trying to make a Jool new moon, something like Tylo, but with "dust oceans", oceans with the texture of granite, to make dust pools that behave like water.

Except for the ocean thing I am all in. Although I would suggest making the moon have a thin atmosphere and dark oceans. Also how do you guys make custom planets and moons? I would love to find out and make some.

16 hours ago, Nailed it! said:

Wouldn't dust oceans eventually compact or be pushed down as a rover or rocket lands on it? If you do make it I will be happy to install it. It is an interesting idea. Also a random question: how much gravity does this moon have?

4 hours ago, JacobJHC said:

Wouldn't dust oceans eventually compact or be pushed down as a rover or rocket lands on it? If you do make it I will be happy to install it. It is an interesting idea. Also a random question: how much gravity does this moon have?

Not much. There's somthing that would force the moon to have an atmosphere called "vacuum welding". If there could be dust pools, vacuum would turn them solid. Too much gravity, and you have desert dunes. But something smaller than Mars with some air, THAT might be a good place for dust oceans to form. And I'm working on it but I need to learn to code a little more.

19 hours ago, JacobJHC said:

Also how do you guys make custom planets and moons? I would love to find out and make some.

There's a KSP mod called Kopernicus, in which you can create planets, moons, stars... But it's rather complicated. There are some tutorials made around the forum, so look for them. @The White Guardian has some useful tutorials for newbies, at least in my case.

Welcome to the KSP modding comunity @JacobJHC!:D

Sorry for going through the tangent Guardian.

Edited by Nailed it!
Derailing

20 hours ago, Nailed it! said:

I think this is not the proper thread for something like this, I'm starting to see this derail into an off-topic discussion.

But regarding my personal idea, I don't think dust can ever react like a liduid. For realism I'd pick EVE for the dust particle job.

• 3 weeks later...

Stuff for the next update:

- Terrain scatter rework (colliders?)

- Perhaps even more easter eggs

- Complete atmosphere rework

- Scatterer

- MOONS

Shoutout to Disparia Books on Youtube by the way who has started a series on returning a lost kerbonaut from Cerillion! :D

@linuxgurugamer is there anything I need to do when I update the mod for CKAN to pick it up?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.