[1.3.X] [Kopernicus] Cerillion

The White Guardian

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not getting any rings. I do get ring shadows on the surface of Cerillion (which seem really, really wide), but the Rings themselves are nowhere to be found.

Edit: Also, Having this mod installed causes my EVE clouds to disappear on every other planet.

Edited by Imma_Stabya
Add More info

FOR EVERYONE WITH RINGS NOT SHOWING:

1. Do you use KSP 1.2.2?

2. Do you have the latest version of Cerillion?

3. Do you have the latest version of Kopernicus?

Once you have answered yes to all three, install this patch on top of Kopernicus:

On 4/4/2017 at 11:28 PM, blackrack said:

I fixed the issue with the new ring shader not appearing on certain bodies.

I made a pull request to the Kopernicus repo, and meanwhile you can download the fix here: https://mega.nz/#!vUowhKgB!PAIeK8M1KlBOXhcBNglxGTq6MzSiqFxF27fAXYOD8_w

As easy as replacing a single DLL.

18 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

What the crap? :o

What visual mods do you have installed?

nothing except Planetshine and the watereye extension for Cerillion. 

55 minutes ago, JacobJHC said:

nothing except Planetshine and the watereye extension for Cerillion. 

Then the only thing I can think of is an incorrect installation.

- Do you have the latest version of EVE?

- Are you running mods like SVE?

- Do you have the latest version of Scatterer?

- Did you install Cerillion correctly?

I found another bug with the rings, I have the latest version of Scattere and Eve and it is installed correctly.  It appears the ring texture is being applied to the north pole of the planet as a texture layer it looks like this from orbit and from the map view:

aSC1ORY.png

from low orbit zoomed in:

S7jFYS5.png

from low altitude in the northern hemisphere:

FQknYM4.png

One other thing that is probably not fixable  and maybe not related when I have this mod installed I loose fps much faster while flying high part count ships.  Without this mod I have about 30 minutes to an hour of decent fps with my high part count ship but with this mod installed I only get around 5 to 10 minutes of high fps with high part count ships.  I'm not sure why the fps drops after being decent for a while and I think it just has to do with how many mods I have installed but I figured I would report it anyways.  Also this applies to ships anywhere in the star system.

Edited by captinjoehenry

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The next Cerillion update is nearing completion, just have to finish... something for Disparia.

Features:

Spoiler

- New atmosphere shaders for Disparia

- New cloudmap for Disparia

- Updated scaledspace texture for Disparia

- Less loading time (~15 seconds total on my system)

- New original cloud particle texture

- Kudos to @blackrack for his hard work as the new scatterer water shader looks AWESOME on Cerillion

- Once the terrain scatter bug with Kopernicus is fixed, expect a reworked version of... 'something' on Jacob

- Something new on Disparia

- New Cerillion atmo-shaderworks to make the planet look less 'washed-out'

- And much more!

Edited by The White Guardian

On 7/13/2017 at 5:14 AM, The White Guardian said:

Once the terrain scatter bug with Kopernicus is fixed, expect a reworked version of... 'something' on Jacob

I'm guessing that it is an Easter egg? egg hunting intensifies

Edited by JacobJHC

7 minutes ago, Disparia Books said:

Best of all, these eggs aren't smelly! Though you do need to watch outfor Jeb thinking all easter eggs are edible  (that head on Duna will never be the same).

Most people think that the tether was invented to keep astronauts from floating away from the space station, this is false, the tether was actually used to tie Jeb to the ship to keep him from hurting himself by eating the Easter Eggs.

12 hours ago, JacobJHC said:

Most people think that the tether was invented to keep astronauts from floating away from the space station, this is false, the tether was actually used to tie Jeb to the ship to keep him from hurting himself by eating the Easter Eggs.

Yeah, Jeb's kicked out of 4 modded planets, 2 moons, the space around the north pole, and 14 asteroids.

But that's okay, he's the face of the premiere breakfast pudding cup, Kerblies, so it balances out.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello The White Guardian. This is an amazing mod. I've really been enjoying it. But for some reason, the oceans of Cerillion are completely invisible to me. Here's a video of it.

Is this normal? I've got the latest versions of Scatterer, EVE, SVE, and a bunch of other visual enhancement mods, as well as Planet Cerillion, all installed through CKAN. KSP version is 1.2.2. 

25 minutes ago, JSideris said:

Hello The White Guardian. This is an amazing mod. I've really been enjoying it. But for some reason, the oceans of Cerillion are completely invisible to me. Here's a video of it.

Is this normal? I've got the latest versions of Scatterer, EVE, SVE, and a bunch of other visual enhancement mods, as well as Planet Cerillion, all installed through CKAN. KSP version is 1.2.2. 

That seems like a problem with the ocean programming of Scatterer. Could you try opening the debug console, see if there are any exceptions being thrown over and over again?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.