[1.3.X] [Kopernicus] Cerillion

The White Guardian

@The White Guardian

Yeah, the time zone thing can be a bit of a nuisance...but not much we can do about that :wink:

I think I will do a special Kerbal stream today instead of my usual Building FreePort series in Cities Skylines. I watched the Atlas V rocket launch this morning and I have everything ready to explore, so I'm feeling that Kerbal itch...

screenshot17.png

screenshot15.png

2 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

@Disparia Books I'll just keep Twitch open and see if anything happens before I log off for the night...

Wait! Brainwave! I'll work my fingers off and push out an update this very hour so you can stream Disparia 2.0

That brings up a question-remember the other day you showed the list of ways to go into config files to make sure scatterer/eve/sve all work, which included copying the code into a variety of places and saving it? Then you also said that through CKAN there was an update. If I do the update (the previous one from the other day and the one you are potentially doing now), will that mess up anything? I'm just hoping because I changed things outside of CKAN that, when I update in CKAN, there won't be any conflicts and crashes. Do you know how that will work?

Just now, Disparia Books said:

That brings up a question-remember the other day you showed the list of ways to go into config files to make sure scatterer/eve/sve all work, which included copying the code into a variety of places and saving it? Then you also said that through CKAN there was an update. If I do the update (the previous one from the other day and the one you are potentially doing now), will that mess up anything? I'm just hoping because I changed things outside of CKAN that, when I update in CKAN, there won't be any conflicts and crashes. Do you know how that will work?

The next CKAN vesion should include all those anti-lag changes as well as extra stuff such as an AMAZING (it'll blow your mind) easter egg on Mavis.

Disparia's terrain got a massive overhaul with new textures, scatterer, EVE, and something that was once planned for Eeloo...

1 minute ago, The White Guardian said:

The next CKAN vesion should include all those anti-lag changes as well as extra stuff such as an AMAZING (it'll blow your mind) easter egg on Mavis.

Disparia's terrain got a massive overhaul with new textures, scatterer, EVE, and something that was once planned for Eeloo...

So am I safe to download the current update or should I wait until the next one comes out?

So am I safe to download the current update or should I wait until the next one comes out?

It should be safe. I'm not sure how fast CKAN is with updating it's files though.

Oh, and also, you might want to take a Kerbal to Mavis on your easter egg hunts. I'm curious to see if you can find the hidden items. Hint: a while ago I made a reveal image of Mavis taken from a satellite, but the image was highly distorted by an unkown cause. This easter egg is directly related to this unknown satellite failure.

Last minute testing and then it's packin' up!

Changelog so far:

- Reworked terrain on Disparia
- Geysers on Disparia
- Clouds on Disparia
- Better detail textures provide cloudmaps that never seem to lose detail
- Better texture usage
- More (3D!) easter eggs on Mavis
- Some code cleanup

For the first time in history of KSP planet creation, a planet pack has
- 3D (model) easter eggs
- Custom terrian scatters with working textures

Update: Disparia will NOT feature Scatterer in the next update, last-minute testing revealed several issues that will take too much time to fix. Second update: upated the changelog.

Edited by The White Guardian

I just released version 3.0 'Earthshaker', grab it from Google Drive, SpaceDock or CKAN.

Happy easter egg hunting, folks!

Spoiler

The version name is a pun:

- It is the name of the keyblade of Terra, a character from the game Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, a game I've fallen in love with.

- It's a nod to the word 'groundbreaking', as this version officially shatters all the records and begins to push the upper limit of what a planet pack can be.

1 minute ago, The White Guardian said:

I just released version 3.0 'Earthshaker', grab it from Google Drive, SpaceDock or CKAN.

Happy easter egg hunting, folks!

Hide contents

The version name is a pun:

- It is the name of the keyblade of Terra, a character from the game Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, a game I've fallen in love with.

- It's a nod to the word 'groundbreaking', as this version officially shatters all the records and begins to push the upper limit of what a planet pack can be.

Just downloaded it, can't wait!!!!!

Will Jacob see any additions or modifications like gysers? Once I finish this current project I am on (100 kerbals on the laggiest Tylo mission ever) I am going to check out Jacob. 

Question: What sounds cooler; a Jacob SSTO or a Jacob Base? I feel that each one could be very interesting.

About 30-45 minutes at the most. I'm just wrapping up some work first :)

Alright. I'll be working on Evolution until then.

@Disparia Books a little image of what Evolution currently looks like.

Spoiler

0wjfpN6.png

Hey, the full name is 'Evolution - Defy The Legends' for a reason...

Thanks again @The White Guardian for the great planet and moon system, yesterday was a blast. For those interested in the system in action be sure to check out our past streams/videos, you won't be disappointed.

As for upcoming missions, here are a few ideas:

1. Use the SSTO to ferry pods to each moon (to save DeltaV for the small crafts) and drop one on every single moon, science it, flag it, then return it to the SSTO and land back at the base on Cerillion.
  2. Rover Road Trip!!! Jeb, get the pudding cups, it's going to be a long drive.
  3. Large craft to Disparia to land, explore, take off, land, explore, take off....and so on, covering the entire surface (mostly).
  4. Small SSTO to Cerillion to fly around the planet and land at easter eggs (same idea as 3, but on Cerillion and flying instead of using a lander...because air).
  5. Construct craft on Cerillion to make life easier??? Looking at extraplanetary launchpads (or equivalent).

Suggestions, ideas, thoughts?
:cool:

Oh, and people - I don't know what that is at the end of the trailer. My PC had a weird breakdown while editing and I had to restart it. For a few moments the screen was glitchy as heck but then it was all normal again.

When I checked the footage, it was there...

7 minutes ago, Solar Ranger said:

Just seen the trailer looks amazing!!

Thank you! :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.