Asset bundle definitions take forever to load

I noticed that the game takes longer to load asset bundle definitions than the rest of the game combined. I would assume that it would be a smaller file than the 3D models and textures of all the parts external views, and the iva models, and the sound files. What is this file, and why does this file take so long to load?

edit: to clarify, I mean it takes 1-2 minutes to load, while my computer breezes through the rest of the loading before and after at about 30 seconds total, and I was wondering why it takes so long to load the asset bundle definitions. I take it that it is network related?

Edited by 53miner53

It depends on what you mean by slow @53miner53, the asset bundles should not add more than a few seconds to the load time unless you are running Hamachi/LogMeIn or similar, or have other unused network adapters.

Loading can be slow even with one network adapter, but keeping your drivers current should prevent that (don't rely on the drivers built into Windows).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.