[1.2.2] Constellations Visual Overhaul - CVO v0.1.0

Andi K.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEPRICATED - CVO NOW PACKAGED WITH LATEST VERSION OF RSS CONSTELLATIONS

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QHjTYmU.png

WHAT IS THIS?

Constellations Visual Overhaul (CVO) is a visual enhancement mod that greatly improves the visuals of my own planet/star pack, Constellations. Eventually, every planet will have there own cloud layers, as well as atmosphere layers to prettify the exoplanets added from Constellations. At this point, only terrestrial planets have cloud and atmosphere layers, but the gas and ice giants will get their own new coat of paint in the near future.

SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler

PROXIMA CENTAURI B

VqkZOX7.png

TAU CETI D

47qZMBF.png

TAU CETI E

GMK9VsR.png

TAU CETI F

aarxSPj.png

WOLF 1061 B

YhOrnJO.png

WOLF 1061 C

s6o1nCG.png

WOLF 1061 D

eOSevqm.png

DEPENDENCIES

Spoiler

Constellations (and its dependencies): CVO is created to only be used with Constellations. If you do not install Constellations along with CVO, CVO will do absolutely nothing

RSSVE (and its dependencies) or RSSVE-Lite (and its dependencies): As said above, CVO does not add clouds or do anything to our solar system, so if you want visual enhancements for RSS, I recommend installing RSSVE

Environmental Visual Enhancements: Nothing will function without this!

UPCOMING FEATURES

Spoiler

Green = Soon

Orange = Later

Red = Much later/Might not be implemented

• Clouds and atmo layers for Gas Giants
  • Scatterer support (whenever the bugs get sorted out)
  • Improve close-up visuals

DOWNLOAD FROM SPACEDOCK

CREDITS

• @pingopete who made our Solar System look so beautiful with RVE
  • @NathanKell who expanded my knowledge of our own Solar System, and regularly left me in awe with Real Solar System
  • @rbray89 and @Waz who created the baseline of all visual enhancements mods to follow with EVE
  • @Phineas Freak who continued the beauty of RVE with his mod RSSVE

Changelog

Spoiler
  • 0.1.0 (January 1, 2017)
    • Initial Release

License: BSD

Edited by AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

4 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

FIRST! Amazing mod! Following it, will play with further into the future

Thank you for the lovely compliment! It's these types of things that keep me motivated to continue updating my mods. If you have any experience with Kopernicus, you are more than welcome to help me develop Constellations.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Starcow19

Please post these types of things on the RSS Constellations thread. Anyways...

Black holes are a little tricky in KSP, as it's really hard to get a nice looking effect for them. It is unlikely that I will add moons. The planet pack is big enough as it is with just exoplanets. Imagine the insane RAM usage with dozens of exoplanets each with a couple of moons!

Edited by AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.