Spustanje Aviona sa Orbite, Kako? ( Landings from Orbit, How?)

6 hours ago, Unknown account x1 said:

I may know that I am close to Space Center KSC , but I do not know to go down and not to die. is there any tutorials how to downhill space plane. This video shows how foolish I was in the game 

Please post in English when not in the international subforums. 

Use bigger wings ,  it will be easier to land.     

At the end he crashed because of high rate of descent.   Needs to be less than 5 m/s vertical speed on touchdown,  but  he could not get enough lift to stop the descent .     He cannot increase airspeed any more to get lift, because 80 m/s is already dangerously fast.

Why does his ship have bad lift?

His pitch controls are on the main wing, close to the centre of mass.

Those 147px-Delta-deluxe_winglet.pngdon't have much lift, and they can only get the nose up by pushing the tail down.   Because they are very close to the centre of mass, they have to push down very hard to make the nose go up - this negates most of their lift.

Replace those  147px-Delta-deluxe_winglet.pngwith 176px-BigSDeltaWing.png

and use a proper control surface on the nose or tail -

replace 58px-Structural_Wing_Type_D.pngwith 147px-Delta-deluxe_winglet.png

3 hours ago, AeroGav said:

Use bigger wings ,  it will be easier to land.     

At the end he crashed because of high rate of descent.   Needs to be less than 5 m/s vertical speed on touchdown,  but  he could not get enough lift to stop the descent .     He cannot increase airspeed any more to get lift, because 80 m/s is already dangerously fast.

Why does his ship have bad lift?

His pitch controls are on the main wing, close to the centre of mass.

Those 147px-Delta-deluxe_winglet.pngdon't have much lift, and they can only get the nose up by pushing the tail down.   Because they are very close to the centre of mass, they have to push down very hard to make the nose go up - this negates most of their lift.

Replace those  147px-Delta-deluxe_winglet.pngwith 176px-BigSDeltaWing.png

and use a proper control surface on the nose or tail -

replace 58px-Structural_Wing_Type_D.pngwith 147px-Delta-deluxe_winglet.png

I didn,t made this craft I downloaded from dropbox linked to '12 ton ssto to duna' by Turbo pumped In the video his flight goes well he use 1.0?-1.04?

13 hours ago, Unknown account x1 said:

I didn,t made this craft I downloaded from dropbox linked to '12 ton ssto to duna' by Turbo pumped In the video his flight goes well he use 1.0?-1.04?

Things have changed.

Airplanes go slightly faster than they used to in 1.04.   They don't get as hot.   

But they also generate slightly less lift - I downloaded this https://kerbalx.com/Val/SSTO-XS-160-Olympus-Mk3 and in 1.2.2 it is very hard to take off.  Mostly it stalls and crash into sea at the end of the runway.    

I think  the atmosphere has become thinner.

Also - big change to landing gear.

They used to be indestructible.      Smallest size was OK on any ship.    The only reason to use larger gear was if you need taller legs, so the body does not scrape on ground.

Now it is much more realistic.

https://kerbalx.com/AeroGav/WhippyNerv-IIi

this goes to Duna with 1 Whiplash and 1 NERV, but it is much heavier.   It has very slow landing speed, but I need to redesign the landing gear (4 legs, should be 3,   and the rear legs are too far behind CoM - when they hit the ground,  it makes the plane flip forward alarmingly)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.