[KSP 1.10.1] Destruction Effects v1.12.0 (09/23/20)

jrodriguez

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have published a new release of DestructionEffects mod. I've finally manage to fix the particle systems with the fix provided by @sarbian some time ago. (This is very good news because I have tried the fix with BDArmory and it works as expected!)

Also I made the decision of setting by default the legacy effect (I think it is less consuming that the new one)

Here is the new release, BTW It has been recompiled for KSP 1.2.9 but it is still compatible with KSP 1.2.2

https://github.com/jrodrigv/DestructionEffects/releases/tag/v1.4.0

17 minutes ago, AntarcticKitten said:

Sorry if this has been asked previously, but I've been having a problem where sometimes the destruction effects show up in the VAB or the SPH, may I please receive help? Thank you.

Hi,

Are you using the latest version of BDArmory v0.2?

This usually happen when you have explosive parts attached to your vessel like the small explosive warhead or the new explosive procedural parts from the BD Modular Missiles pack and you revert to the hangar, then you can experience this explosion effect.

I have added some checks in the latest BDArmory version to mitigate "a bit" this bug.

1 hour ago, jrodriguez said:

Hi,

Are you using the latest version of BDArmory v0.2?

This usually happen when you have explosive parts attached to your vessel like the small explosive warhead or the new explosive procedural parts from the BD Modular Missiles pack and you revert to the hangar, then you can experience this explosion effect.

I have added some checks in the latest BDArmory version to mitigate "a bit" this bug.

No, I don't but I did install it(and removed it) a few days ago, so there might be some remnants of the mod in my files. I'll check.

Edited by AntarcticKitten

I got some new textures to test, if you want them. They are edited legacy FX.

So the smoke is now smaller so it actually fits the fire effect.

I might be able to give the fire an orange-ish glow.

Hey @jrodriguez, remeber my idea where when a part is 50% or 70% overheated, the FX would show?

Are you still looking into that.

Oh and btw, I'm cooking up some new textures for the FX. I keep having to change it (it's not as easy as it looks!) I might be able to just completely redo the textures and add my own :)

• 2 months later...

The hotfix a day ago https://github.com/jrodrigv/DestructionEffects/blob/master/Distribution/GameData/DestructionEffects/Plugins/DestructionEffects.dll - what is fixed?

Edit: ah I see, originally the file is from 2016-10-14 - but why does GitHub say it's from yesterday?

--

And btw the release of launch clamps should have the effects disabled.
When the vessel is ascending, the effect is still active where the launch clamps were attached to when it's several hundred meters in altitude...

Edit:

see
9T2C8fR.png

Edited by Gordon Dry

12 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

The hotfix a day ago https://github.com/jrodrigv/DestructionEffects/blob/master/Distribution/GameData/DestructionEffects/Plugins/DestructionEffects.dll - what is fixed?

Edit: ah I see, originally the file is from 2016-10-14 - but why does GitHub say it's from yesterday?

--

And btw the release of launch clamps should have the effects disabled.
When the vessel is ascending, the effect is still active where the launch clamps were attached to when it's several hundred meters in altitude...

Hi! I found a problem with the last release. I was triggering unwantex fx effects due a change I did. I have updated the release binaries

Would you mind to open a issue here, explaining the problem and how to reproduce it. https://github.com/jrodrigv/DestructionEffects/issues

Thanks!

On 09.07.2017 at 9:37 PM, jrodriguez said:

Hi all,

I have published a new release of this mod. It fixes some unwanted FX effects for some BDArmory parts and SM parts. It has been also recompiled for KSP 1.3

You can download it from here:

https://github.com/jrodrigv/DestructionEffects/releases/tag/v1.5.0

So cool you are back! Thx for updating the mod! :)

But seems DE mod didnt likes autostruts and ignites it! Even in hangar when activating autostruts...

Album a/MukSH will appear when post is submitted
qLf27LC.jpg
VrovKOL.jpg
Edited by ZobrAA

• 2 weeks later...

It's very Ghost Rider -- when launching a rover that starts out on fire... :wink: Is it possible to add more stuff to the PartIgnoreList in settings.cfg? Antennas, winglets, solar panels, etc. come to mind, since they wouldn't exactly cause giant fireballs. Do auto struts have a part name that could be included?

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great mod! but I use auto strut a lot and so whenever I launch a craft it immediately ignites and isn't very fun, is there a fix for this? if so I'll definitely give it another try. Also, the problem with rover wheels igniting is also because rover wheels have a built in form of auto strut I'm pretty sure. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Notsure_jr said:

you mean a stock install?

or a stock craft?

or both?

Would you mind to send me a stock craft file were you can reproduce the autostrut issue ? I would like to reproduce exactly the problem. Maybe I missed some situations.

11 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

Would you mind to send me a stock craft file were you can reproduce the autostrut issue ? I would like to reproduce exactly the problem. Maybe I missed some situations.

KSP_x64_2017-10-07_09-59-19.png

Here's an Areis 4A

I used Editor Extensions Redux 

I'm used the version you linked above 1.6.0 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.