[KSP 1.10.1] Destruction Effects v1.12.0 (09/23/20)

jrodriguez

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally traced an issue down to this mod.  No logs right now I was in the middle of stream when it happened.

I had a fairly long vessel as part of a space station I'm building.  When I launched it, it would start smoking from all the joints. Same thing happened which I jettisoned the fairing on the launch pad as a test.

Then, later in the evening, I had to go to the space center for some reason, and it started generating an endless series of NullRefs in the Update function

Sadly, I've had to remove this mod.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I did a little work on this.

Looks like the OnPartJointBreak is being called at times even when the joint isn't breaking.  No idea why

Hi @linuxgurugamer I have seen that behaviour in the past with some mods. If know the parts that are triggering the OnPartJointBreak event you can try to add them to this list PartIgnoreList :

https://github.com/jrodrigv/DestructionEffects/blob/master/Distribution/GameData/DestructionEffects/settings.cfg

6 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer I have seen that behaviour in the past with some mods. If know the parts that are triggering the OnPartJointBreak event you can try to add them to this list PartIgnoreList :

https://github.com/jrodrigv/DestructionEffects/blob/master/Distribution/GameData/DestructionEffects/settings.cfg

I'll see, but for now, I don't really have the time.

Might be worthwhile to do some investigation to see if it's possible to detect a non-breaking OnPartJointBreak event.  Since I've run into this behaviour in other events, I'm not even going to begin to think about how to do that :D

11 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

What is the format of that PartIgnoreList?  I looked (since I know which part is the issue), but don't want to include parts which have similar names.

I'd also suggest a debug mode, to make it easier to id which parts are having the events

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any idea why I am getting this visual bug, I only noticed it when I upgraded from a 970 at 1920x1080 to a 1070ti at 3840x2160. Let me know what other information you need. It happens at any resolution.
NzSfm5l.jpg

EDIT: I apologize, even though I reinstalled it, I must have left my config, which had legacy effects turned on for some odd reason. It is fixed now. I am leaving this for anyone else who has my issue.

Edited by Galahir950

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2018 at 7:36 AM, Galahir950 said:

Any idea why I am getting this visual bug, I only noticed it when I upgraded from a 970 at 1920x1080 to a 1070ti at 3840x2160. Let me know what other information you need. It happens at any resolution.

This mod still dont love autostruts...

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, TheDrakness said:

I think i have a problem. I have the ksp 1.3.1 and when I run the game my bd armory, aoa tech and some other mods stoped working.

Is this a bug or im doing something wrong?

Sorry for my bad english though im not american.

Your English is ok. But not sure if you have a problem with mod or not

49 minutes ago, TheDrakness said:

I just saw that i didn't said what was the error.

When I run the game with the destruction effects in it other mods just don't work, like the bd armory and a few others.

I would need the KSP.log file that is inside the KSP folder for troubleshooting

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've noticed two slight other-mod compatibility issues. ;)

• When using Ferram Aerospace Research, it is possible to rip parts off of your craft through aerodynamic stress. When that happens, this mod doesn't add the flame/smoke effects to parts that it should, i.e. fuel tanks that get torn off. I'd guess that your mod only adds the effects when a specific "part break" function is called and FAR likely uses its own. I've never seen the code for either mod but I imagine it's not too hard to chuck in that extra call.
  • There are some specialized launch clamps in the Bluedog Design Bureau mod which pipe fuel into the vessel, primarily to counter hydrogen boiloff. However, when those launch clamps are detached, Destruction Effects thinks that it's a part break and adds smoke/flame to the rocket where the clamps were. XD It's very funny, but also makes it really hard to see when I'm trying to clear the pad, and it's also massively unrealistic. ;) Possibly this could be taken care of by excluding launch clamps from the mod's part-check code?

In other news though, I really love this mod! Just wanted to bring these issues to your attention. :D Take care!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2019 at 11:28 AM, skygunner58203 said:

Is this working in 1.6.1?  Just wondering as playing with BDArmory is not nearly as much fun with smoke and boom

Seems to be working for me, but it looks like the auto-strut issue that was supposed to be fixed in v1.6 of this mod is back. 

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.