KSP movie

Techpig57

KSP movie?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. do you think it would be cool to have a KSP movie?

• Just no
    • maybe
    • ok
    • YEAH MAN!

do you think there should be a KSP movie. I think it would be pretty cool, but most people i know dont even know what KSP even is so I dont think it would be out in cinemas or anything.

If you guys think this is a good idea i could come up with a good storyline and (perhaps) send it to SQUAD so they can make it into a real thing.

Edited by Techpig57

I don't think the movie should be some kind of big production for the theaters. (cause it will be mostly suck that way)

Maybe a small project with a considerable amount of budget, for some talented Youtubers, like Nassault, HatBat, Macey Dean, Matt Lowne.... etc

(I know there are a lot of talented people there, pls contribute to the list if you like :P)

Made in KSP or “just” based on the KSP characters and universe? 

The inside-KSP style movies suffer from the limitations the game offers to shoot cinematic footage. You can make up for that by using long sweeping scenes decorated with stylish music, but that will eventually wear out your public.

On the other hand, creating the whole thing in Blender or Maya... a lot of work, and it will stand or fall with the quality of the script.

6 hours ago, worir4 said:

Isn't there a general rule that any film that is based of a game is a bad film? :wink:

I would like to see more of those 5 minutes animations that they have on Youtube. Those are great to watch.

Wing Commander wasn't totally bad.

6 hours ago, worir4 said:

Isn't there a general rule that any film that is based of a game is a bad film? :wink:

I would like to see more of those 5 minutes animations that they have on Youtube. Those are great to watch.

Absolutely right. The vast majority of game spin-off movies are pretty bad indeed.
There are of course a few exceptions that resulted in reasonable movies. But only because the let go of the major story quickly and went their own way.

Should there be a movie? No. The game is mostly up for discussion as to the story anyway as there isn't any. 

That said- if Squad would ever consider letting a community member write the story- I've got plenty of stories just needing to be written. I volunteer.

16 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I've got plenty of stories just needing to be written. I volunteer.

Wait.... If I may be so bold, why aren't you writing them, then? There'a always room for another writer in the fan works section! :)

13 hours ago, worir4 said:

It's not a rule, it's a general phenomenon :P

That's why I am not too excited and board the HYPE TRAIN, when the Warcraft and Assassin Creed movie come out.

Here might be the reason why (by MatPat!)

46 minutes ago, heihei4c said:

It's not a rule, it's a general phenomenon :P

That's why I am not too excited and board the HYPE TRAIN, when the Warcraft and Assassin Creed movie come out.

Here might be the reason why (by MatPat!)

Hey I was going to reference that! 

14 hours ago, Just Jim said:

There are already some amazing KSP stories going in the fan works area that could make great movies.

To be honest, if Squad were to sanction a movie, I think it they should look at @Kuzzter's outstanding Kerbfleet stories first.

Eve: Order Zero would make a cracking film. Heck, you wouldn't even need to change the title.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.