Jool Tube: Gyroscope Drive!

SQUAD

Hmmm.  Bugs that interfere with gameplay should be fixed. But sometimes, bugs like this one can have a positive impact on a game. Take the Kraken drives people make to build turbo props. That offers a way of making electric propeller planes in stock KSP. Keep these bugs in the stock game, please, Squad!

Fire

Whinge, moan, complain, humbug.

Come on, this is a great video and not everyone knows about Scott. New players get into KSP all the time. Plus of course KSP has marginal physics issues, it's just a game. In many cases they're not even bugs, just pragmatic compromises such as SOI instead of n-body physics. Let's celebrate the game for what it is and encourage Squad to make it a better example of that thing - a game - rather than complain about things just because we can complain about them.

Simon Hibbs

On 4.1.2017 at 2:06 PM, Majorjim! said:

If only Scott Manley needed more publicity.. Guys, feature the lesser known KSP youtubers! Everyone here is already subbed to Scott..

:rolleyes:

wow, what happend to this forum 

On 5.1.2017 at 4:08 PM, Anbang11 said:

That gyroscope drive is just awesome. Bring multiple RTG instead of solar panel and complete ultimate challenge. Eve is 'kinda' easy with this, just add m-ore tanks.

It was an mod I used before 1.1 who let you set up fuel transfer between multiple tanks at once not like in 1.2 but in an tank list, it let you set speed. 
This option might be gone in 1.2 and the new fuel transfer system. 

Option left is the large tanks and longer arms. 

• 4 weeks later...

I just ran into this video today and I had another thought.  He was having a problem with the design that the script had to run to completion to ensure it returned to the start state, thus giving trouble with switching it on and off.

I have never played with Kerbal OS but how about having the script monitor something like the lights?  At the top of the loop you run a cycle if the lights are on, otherwise you don't.

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, TOMMY (JEB 2.0) said:

what is that link for?

It's a Dwarf Fortress joke. It goes like so:
Dwarf Fortress has no win-state. Any fortress will either fall or go on into eternity (at which point it is no fun). Dwarf fortress is fun, except when it becomes boring (because there's nothing threatening you). Ergo, losing is fun.

Any time I see someone refer to "fun" sarcastically, I think "Fun," which is the losing kind of fun. It's one step below "!!Fun!!," which is the same as "Fun" except it's on fire.

2 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

It's a Dwarf Fortress joke. It goes like so:
Dwarf Fortress has no win-state. Any fortress will either fall or go on into eternity (at which point it is no fun). Dwarf fortress is fun, except when it becomes boring (because there's nothing threatening you). Ergo, losing is fun.

Any time I see someone refer to "fun" sarcastically, I think "Fun," which is the losing kind of fun. It's one step below "!!Fun!!," which is the same as "Fun" except it's on fire.

i wod not know that becos i dont play that game

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.