[1.5.1+] Extensive Engineer Report Continued & Ship Sections Continued

linuxgurugamer

With permission of the original author, I'm reviving the Extensive Engineer Report.  Ship Sections is a dependency, which can be used by other mod authors.  Original thread can be found here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/114079-105-extensive-engineer-report-v05-available-on-ckan/

The new version for KSP 1.4.1 has new dependencies

New Dependencies

CKAN has been updated to install the dependencies, if needed.

Important

The ShipSections MOD has been depreciated, the dll is now included with the ExtensiveEngineerReport

If using CKAN, remove the ShipSections mod

If not, then delete the following directory:  GameData/ShipSections

Extensive Engineer Report

Extensive Engineer Report is a Kerbal Space Program mod that extends the Engineer's Report in the Vehicle Assembly Building and the Spaceplane Hanger with additional checks to ensure that your vessel has everything you need.

Dependencies (automatically installed w/ CKAN)

ShipSections v1.1 or newer

ModuleManager (any recent version)

Special Features (v0.5)

Launch Button Color

If any checked tests (applicable and severity enabled) fail, the launch button will turn red.  It will still work, but it should catch your eye and get you to check your tests.

Applicable Tests

Tests only show up if they are considered applicable (required mods installed, has first part type of a combo)

Download

Spacedock: http://spacedock.info/mod/1147/ExtensiveEngineerReportContinued (includes ShipSections & Module manager)

Source: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/Extensive-Engineer-Report and https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ShipSections

License: MIT

Patreon.png

https://www.patreon.com/linuxgurugamer

Pics:

Ship which passes all tests

Note the green launch button and the green app launcher icon.

kaOGU4q.png

Ship that fails at least one test

Note the red launch button and the red app launcher icon.

WCGzqyJ.png

The EER Window

You can enable and disable either severities or just individual section-wide tests. Also note that failing tests have extended information about the problem directly below them.

WCGzqyJ.png

Disabled Notice Tests

See that the ship is given the "green light" since Notice tests are ignored.

ePP9y2m.png

Disabled Tests

A disabled test has an off "light" and has white text.

6OmpOTv.png

Current tests

General Tests

• Unmanned With Science And No Transmitters
  • High Heat Gen; No Radiators
  • Landing Legs but no Lights
  • Has Control Surfaces
  • Suggest fixed power generation if only deployable
  • Has SAS
  • Labs Have Scientists Aboard
  • Non resettable experiments have scientists or lab
  • Probe core has backup battery
  • Radial stages strutted
  • Struts don't go to lower stages (only w/o FAR installed)
  • TWR above 1 (crude calculation, possibly some false negatives)
  • Unmanned probe has advanced flight computer (kOS or MechJeb, only if one of them is installed)

RemoteTech Checks

• RemoteTech Antenna Checks (w/ RT installed)
  • RemoteTech Flight Computer Checks (w/ RT installed)

BDArmory Checks

• Weapons and no weapon manager
  • Autopilot but no weapon manager
  • Weapon manager but no flares
Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 1/6/2017 at 4:28 AM, MisterFister said:

What does Ship Sections do, and how could other mod authors take advantage of it?

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ShipSections/blob/master/README.md

22 hours ago, crapstar said:

Looks like the RT antennas are not being recognized. Is anybody else experiencing the same thing?

I've opened an issue, but would appreciate confirmatino from someone else

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @linuxgurugamer I was following a discussion on the KIS thread about people forgetting to bring their screwdriver into space and it make me think of your mod.

Will it be possible to add a test to check the presence of a screwdriver, when KIS is installed and an engineer is on board ? Even better if you can also issue a less severe warning when a screwdriver is present but in a Kerbal 's inventory (as opposed to a part's inventory).

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Not really the purpose of this mod, this is an engineering mod.

Let me think about it

On 04/01/2017 at 3:54 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Extensive Engineer Report is a Kerbal Space Program mod that extends the Engineer's Report in the Vehicle Assembly Building and the Spaceplane Hanger with additional checks to ensure that your vessel has everything you need.

Well if you send an engineer to space you need a screwdriver. Maybe check for the screwdriver only if there is a kis container with part inside it ?

If you don't want/like the feature I totally respect it, that's your mod.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Isn't there another tool besides the screwdriver?

Two tools are used for KIS engineering : the wrench and the electric screwdriver.

There's also tools added by SEP, EL, and Keridian Dynamics, as well as some mods who have alternate versions of the previous.

I think what's really needed here is a 'check for required inventory' meta-check, and then some config file setup where you can specify combinations of Kerbal trait, tool ability, other inventory presence to check for.

So you could say: If there's an engineer on board (or whatever specific trait KIS checks for), make sure there's a 'ModuleKISItemAttachTool' in inventory.  If there's a stake in inventory, check to make sure there's a mallet.  If there's an engineer, and a SEP hub in inventory, make sure there's a SEP attach tool.  Etc.

But that might be a bit more complex than you want to get into.

37 minutes ago, DStaal said:

There's also tools added by SEP, EL, and Keridian Dynamics, as well as some mods who have alternate versions of the previous.

I think what's really needed here is a 'check for required inventory' meta-check, and then some config file setup where you can specify combinations of Kerbal trait, tool ability, other inventory presence to check for.

So you could say: If there's an engineer on board (or whatever specific trait KIS checks for), make sure there's a 'ModuleKISItemAttachTool' in inventory.  If there's a stake in inventory, check to make sure there's a mallet.  If there's an engineer, and a SEP hub in inventory, make sure there's a SEP attach tool.  Etc.

But that might be a bit more complex than you want to get into.

So the question becomes, does this mod morph into a more generalized checklist (ie:  adding/merging the Wernher's Checklist functionality), or just stay an engineering mod?

@Magion, who wrote Wernher's Checklist, hasn't updated it for a while, so I may see what can be done to merge the functionality

It's complaining that my radial stages are not attached with struts and I can't turn off the squawk.  The bird flies clean, though.

Also, I think the "no external antenna" warning should be changed.  It says it will not be controllable soon after launch.  This is a mission I've flown before, it will work.  What it should be telling us is how far it can get from Kerbin before losing control.

Read the message again:

These parts store electric charge but there is nothing on the vessel generating it.  Except alternators (on engines) but these will only generate charge as long as the alternators are active

In other words, when the engines aren't running, nothing generates ec

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.