[1.5.1+] Extensive Engineer Report Continued & Ship Sections Continued

linuxgurugamer

Your ShipSelections link is outdated and in my case, it prevents the game to load (stucks in  Squad/Parts/prebuilt/KerbalEVA/KerbalEVA)

Realized this and downloaded ShipSelections mod from it's official thread and this fixed it. Maybe you should change that outdated link you have in the OP

Edit: Now I think I haven't fixed anything. The shipSelection I downloaded is actually older than yours. So I am back at the loading freeze problem...

Okay okay... re-tested  and found that the last update (0.0.3) is the one braking my game but 0.0.2 works just fine.

Edited by Agustin

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems to be incompatible with (unofficial 1.3 pre-release of) FAR:
urZKvgh.png

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/msjdl3fsq2buxed/2017-06-14-3 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

btw the log is huge because "anything" is spamming the log with

False

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Whatever it is ...

Edit:

Removing ship sections solved the FAR issue, but ofc ExtensiveEngineerReport stopped working - and the obscure log spamming is still there.

Edited by Gordon Dry

11 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

urZKvgh.png

Log:

False

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Whatever it is ...

Edit:

Removing ship sections solved the FAR issue, but ofc ExtensiveEngineerReport stopped working - and the obscure log spamming is still there.

I'm not using FAR and I'm getting this issue. It's absolutely killing my performance, unfortunately.

EDIT: I have removed both EER and Ship Sections and I'm still getting the spam.

Edited by LemonSkin

12 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

urZKvgh.png

Log:

False

Whatever it is ...

Edit:

Extensive engineering report does not support previous versions of other mods. It needs the ship sections mod in order to run it will not run without it.

If and when far is fully released I'll take a look at it until then I have too much else to do.

That picture means nothing to me since I don't use the pre release of far.  can you explain in words what the problem is.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

The FAR calculation of the 3 selected area curves stops after the 2nd section from the top.

The COL is not where it whould be because of this.

11 hours ago, LemonSkin said:

I have removed both EER and Ship Sections and I'm still getting the spam.

Same to me, very frustrating to see a new issue coming up over night AND not to be alone with it...

Edited by Gordon Dry

21 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

urZKvgh.png

Log:

False

Whatever it is ...

Edit:

You know that you have 436 Nullrefs in the log?

Of those:

330 are Tweakscale related

Only two exceptions (from what I can find) related to ShipSections

You should look at some of the other issues before blaming ShipSections

I'm not blaming.

You should know that Unity got this interesting fact that as soon one mod is broken it creates exceptions in other mods which also create more weirdness in just another mods.

Thanks to the "way of logging" Unity provides it's very "easy" to find the issues in a blink. </irony off>

Thanks to @LemonSkin there is a mod to blame (or not? who knows...) to just spamming the log: Smart Actuators (fixed: https://github.com/theRagingIrishman/SmartActuation/releases/tag/1.1.0.2 )

I start a another new session in another couple of minutes.

Edited by Gordon Dry

• 2 weeks later...

When I attach any new part I have to make sure it's not set to more the 1x radial or a new section will be created.

I have to switch to 1x, add it, detach it and then I can switch to 4x radial for example and attach it without a new section being created.

And a suggestion:

I miss the feature that shows me how many parts, dry mass / wet mass etc. a section has.

Copied parts (by ALT  - clicking on them) should be "virgin" and not have the section tag in them so when attached elsewhere it should not produce confusion.

During building in VAB, when temporarily detaching an engine from below the tank, this is written to the log:

Exception handling event onEditorPartEvent in class ShipSectionsEditorAssit:System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[IGrouping`2] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[IGrouping`2] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at JKorTech.ShipSections.ShipSectionsEditorAssit.CopySectionDataToOtherPartInSection (JKorTech.ShipSections.SectionInfo info, Boolean unsetAsRoot) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at JKorTech.ShipSections.ShipSectionsEditorAssit.EditorPartEvent (ConstructionEventType data0, .Part data1) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`2[ConstructionEventType,Part].Fire (ConstructionEventType data0, .Part data1) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[IGrouping`2] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[IGrouping`2] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at JKorTech.ShipSections.ShipSectionsEditorAssit.CopySectionDataToOtherPartInSection (JKorTech.ShipSections.SectionInfo info, Boolean unsetAsRoot) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at JKorTech.ShipSections.ShipSectionsEditorAssit.EditorPartEvent (ConstructionEventType data0, .Part data1) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`2[ConstructionEventType,Part].Fire (ConstructionEventType data0, .Part data1) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
EventData`2:Fire(ConstructionEventType, Part)
EditorLogic:<SetupFSM>m__85()
KerbalFSM:RunEvent(KFSMEvent)
KerbalFSM:updateFSM(KFSMUpdateMode)
KerbalFSM:UpdateFSM()
EditorLogic:Update()

(Filename:  Line: -1)

And a lot of these

Exiting EditorPartEvent

Updating VESSELNAME

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ap30mh1sg5pf7xl/2017-06-25-1 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

• 3 weeks later...

I also got a lot of this, dunno if it's necessary to be logged so much:

SmartRename.OnAwake 1

and this time without vessel name:

Exiting EditorPartEvent

The following mods use EditorPartEvent:

• GameData\B9PartSwitch\Plugins\B9PartSwitch.dll
  • GameData\Collide-o-Scope\Collide-o-Scope.dll
  • GameData\CrewLight\CrewLight.dll
  • GameData\EditorExtensionsRedux\Plugins\EditorExtensionsRedux.dll
  • GameData\FerramAerospaceResearch\Plugins\FerramAerospaceResearch.dll
  • GameData\KIS\Plugins\KIS.dll
  • GameData\ProceduralParts\Plugins\ProceduralParts.dll
  • GameData\RCSBuildAid\Plugins\RCSBuildAid.dll
  • GameData\ShipSections\Plugins\ShipSections.dll

and these exceptions

InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
  at JKorTech.ShipSections.SectionNameUI.DrawSectionWindow () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at JKorTech.ShipSections.SectionNameUI.DrawWindow (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at JKorTech.ShipSections.KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourWindow.DrawWindowInternal (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

and this variant:

Exception handling event onEditorPartEvent in class ShipSectionsEditorAssit:System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object

EventData`2:Fire(ConstructionEventType, Part)
EditorLogic:<SetupFSM>m__85()
KerbalFSM:RunEvent(KFSMEvent)
KerbalFSM:updateFSM(KFSMUpdateMode)
KerbalFSM:UpdateFSM()
EditorLogic:Update()

Edit:
also this

[Engineer's Report] couldn't find the test.

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ei6y6xdxjbn1dh9/2017-07-11-2 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

Edited by Gordon Dry

Looks like a debug version is out there, those messages are not put to the log file in the correct release.

On 7/12/2017 at 6:40 AM, Gordon Dry said:

[Engineer's Report] couldn't find the test. (Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

This isn't from this mod, it's a stock message, I think.

Working on an update now

Hmm. After solving other issues and back into business I readded this mod(s) v0.1.1 and now, after staging, the section is gone.

Invisible, not mentioned by SR, whatever.

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7pnu7sppeoa33f9/2017-07-19-2 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

Edit:

Now, after several minutes, I got the message that the stage was recovered by SR.

But whatsoever, after staging the stage was invisible...

In the log it's said the stage was destroyed...

I update the files inside the archive.

Edited by Gordon Dry

• 4 months later...
10 hours ago, DrPastah said:

Can the sections thing get disabled? I don't use it, and I find it annoying how it keeps adding "Section 1" to parts that I decouple from.

Not without rewriting it.

Sorry, I didn't write this, am just maintaining it.  The ShipSections was intended to be used by other mods, but it never got used.

• 1 month later...

Whilst I am in the forum, here is an output_log.txt: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9cj6zqpmapcj64k/saves for ExtensiveEngineerReportContinued-0.1.2.1.output_log.txt?dl=0

Inside I am getting:

Spoiler

[Extensive Engineer Report] Test Radial Stages Not Attached With Struts threw an exception.

at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[GeneralSettings] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at JKorTech.Extensive_Engineer_Report.ConcernRunner.RunTests () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
JKorTech.Extensive_Engineer_Report.ConcernRunner:RunTests()
JKorTech.Extensive_Engineer_Report.ConcernRunner:ShipModified(ShipConstruct)
EventData`1:Fire(ShipConstruct)
ReCoupler.EditorJointTracker:Destroy()
ReCoupler.EditorReCoupler:OnGameSceneSwitchRequested(FromToAction`2)
EventData`1:Fire(FromToAction`2)
HighLogic:LoadScene(GameScenes)
FlightDriver:StartWithNewLaunch(String, String, String, VesselCrewManifest)
EditorLogic:<goForLaunch>m__A8()
<DelayedCallback>c__IteratorF0:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Do a search for JKorTech and you will find others.

Is there anything that can be done about these?

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If you are referring to 1,4,1, please be patient.  I’m in the middle of updating about 130 mods,

Sorry, didnt realize this was one of yours, should have noticed from the "continued" and ur pfp everywhere.... Anyways. Tks for all the stuff you do for the community! half the decent mods around here would be dead without you.

• 1 month later...

Bug report, issue appeared a while back (ie. not with 1.4.3).

The right-click menu of every part on every craft in the SPH displays the section name twice. There's also two Ship Sections icons on the toolbar; one functions normally, the other displays a blank panel. It's as if Ship Sections is loaded into the game twice, but output_log.txt only logged one initialization and I do not have a duplicate installed (I checked).

UPDATE: no, wait, back up on that last one. output_log's module init section lists ShipSections twice, with different assembly versions. Ran a search through GameData and there are two ShipSections.dll files: one in GameData/ShipSections/Plugins and a second in GameData/ExtensiveEngineeringReport/Plugins. Former is dated February 1 as version 1.0, latter is dated April 25 as version 1.3; these versions match those listed in output_log.

It seems that the last update to ExtensiveEngineeringReport also installed a duplicate of ShipSections that conflicts with the one installed by CKAN.

Edited by Fraktal

11 hours ago, Fraktal said:

Bug report, issue appeared a while back (ie. not with 1.4.3).

The right-click menu of every part on every craft in the SPH displays the section name twice. There's also two Ship Sections icons on the toolbar; one functions normally, the other displays a blank panel. It's as if Ship Sections is loaded into the game twice, but output_log.txt only logged one initialization and I do not have a duplicate installed (I checked).

UPDATE: no, wait, back up on that last one. output_log's module init section lists ShipSections twice, with different assembly versions. Ran a search through GameData and there are two ShipSections.dll files: one in GameData/ShipSections/Plugins and a second in GameData/ExtensiveEngineeringReport/Plugins. Former is dated February 1 as version 1.0, latter is dated April 25 as version 1.3; these versions match those listed in output_log.

It seems that the last update to ExtensiveEngineeringReport also installed a duplicate of ShipSections that conflicts with the one installed by CKAN.

10 hours ago, Loren Pechtel said:

ShipSectionsContinued is showing only 1.3.99 support, yet the thread says 1.4.1. 

The ShipSections MOD has been depreciated, the dll is now included with the ExtensiveEngineerReport

If using CKAN, remove the ShipSections mod

If not, then delete the following directory:  GameData/ShipSections

I've updated the OP, and just finished updating CKAN.  ShipSections is now listed as a conflicting mod

Edited by linuxgurugamer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.