[1.5.1+] Extensive Engineer Report Continued & Ship Sections Continued

linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...

@linuxgurugamer

Hi, I see this mod has dependency of ShipSections. Installing results in two files called ShipSections.cfg, one in \GameData\ExtensiveEngineerReport\ModuleManager, the other in \GameData\ShipSections\ModuleManager.
Both contain the same code, the difference being that the one in \GameData\ShipSections\ModuleManager also uses :FOR[ShipSections].

The reason I know this is that I am examining a .craft file whilst referencing the ModuleManager.ConfigCache.

One of the results of having two instances of the same ShipSections.cfg is that we then have two sets of MODULE[SectionInfo] and MODULE[SmartRename], in the cache, which end up in the .craft file.

As a temporary work around I have changed the first @PART[*] into;

Spoiler

@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[SectionInfo]]:FOR[ShipSections]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = SectionInfo
    }
}

@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[SmartRename]]:FOR[ShipSections]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = SmartRename
    }
}

I realize this is trivial. I mention it so that at some point in the future you can chose to tidy your code to avoid duplication.

2 minutes ago, Apaseall said:

@linuxgurugamer

Hi, I see this mod has dependency of ShipSections. Installing results in two files called ShipSections.cfg, one in \GameData\ExtensiveEngineerReport\ModuleManager, the other in \GameData\ShipSections\ModuleManager.
Both contain the same code, the difference being that the one in \GameData\ShipSections\ModuleManager also uses :FOR[ShipSections].

The reason I know this is that I am examining a .craft file whilst referencing the ModuleManager.ConfigCache.

One of the results of having two instances of the same ShipSections.cfg is that we then have two sets of MODULE[SectionInfo] and MODULE[SmartRename], in the cache, which end up in the .craft file.

As a temporary work around I have changed the first @PART[*] into;

Reveal hidden contents

@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[SectionInfo]]:FOR[ShipSections]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = SectionInfo
    }
}

@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[SmartRename]]:FOR[ShipSections]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = SmartRename
    }
}

I realize this is trivial. I mention it so that at some point in the future you can chose to tidy your code to avoid duplication.

The current version does NOT have that dependency.  It is updated in both CKAN and the OP:

Important

The ShipSections MOD has been depreciated, the dll is now included with the ExtensiveEngineerReport

If using CKAN, remove the ShipSections mod

If not, then delete the following directory:  GameData/ShipSections

• 2 months later...

Here is a candidate for most posted log of the day: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5sdzcbltobydaoj/saves for LoadingScreenManager.1.output_log.rar?dl=0

Inside is some stuff like this:

Spoiler

[Extensive Engineer Report] Item MissionBlackListPreFlightCheck does not have a default constructor

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

[Extensive Engineer Report] Found item: MissionPreflightCheck

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

[Extensive Engineer Report] Item MissionPreflightCheck does not have a default constructor

It may be harmless, but a missing constructor does not sound rather nice, either way would you mind taking a look at this as well. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Question, (probably) not bug-related.

The check for a probe battery with EC flow disabled does not check the probe core's battery. That is, if I set an external battery to disabled, it satisfies the check but if I set the probe's own battery to disabled (since it's too little to be used as anything other than backup and is enough to turn the probe with reaction wheels to point fixed panels towards the sun), it still says there's no backup. Why?

That old bugs are kinda annoying and difficult to explain. In simple words: click anything in the "wrong" order and it's borked.
Actually I removed it again. When I'm in the mood.
Until then: anybody else who plays with more than a handful of mods: please ... be also a beta tester.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.