[1.9.x, 1.10.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x] Part Wizard Continued

linuxgurugamer

46 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

ah.  Probably isn't going to work in 1.10,  it's built against 1.12.

I'll test and get the version file updated if that's the case.

Sorry

I'd be very grateful if you managed to do it! :)thanks!

8 hours ago, Artyloo said:

I'd be very grateful if you managed to do it! :)thanks!

Sorry to say, I've had to restrict the new version to 1.12.

However, since you were the one requesting it, I made a special build for you:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhbd8g85q2vptqq/PartWizard-1.1.10-1.3.9.zip?dl=0

You will have to install it by hand, and if anything pops up saying that it's not compatible, you can just delete the .version file (I didn't update that for this build)

• 1 year later...

Is it feasible to add PAW access to the parts list? Maybe access PAW by right-clicking the part in the list? This would help in configuring parts that are clipped inside other parts without having to play games with the camera. Thanks!

21 hours ago, XD229 said:

Is it feasible to add PAW access to the parts list? Maybe access PAW by right-clicking the part in the list? This would help in configuring parts that are clipped inside other parts without having to play games with the camera. Thanks!

What would you want to see on the PAW?

47 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

I assume the claim is that right-clicking an entry on the Part Wizard's list should open the part's original PAW.

Exactly.

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

What would you want to see on the PAW?

Just what Gordon said, the part's normal PAW. Essentially, right-clicking an entry in Part Wizard's part list would be the same as right-clicking the part itself in the editor. 

Edited by XD229
Added clarification.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.3.10

• Added right-click to bring up the PAW

One oddity I have seen so far is that it is possible to right-click below the Part Wizard window and still activate the PAW, as if the list extends down below the window invisibly. PMed you a clip showing what I mean.

Is this working on 1.12.5? (lol sorry, had to)

Jokes aside, everything is working perfectly in my latest testing. Thanks again for this enhancement! It may seem small, but it is a huge quality-of-life improvement. Not having to play camera games to get the PAW on clipped parts is a game-changer for me.

• 2 months later...
On 4/10/2023 at 4:21 PM, bolttanker said:

hi linuxgurugamer love your mod just wanted to let you know it`s  showing an error as soon as i place a infernal robotics part.

not realy a big deal i dont even know if IR is up to date just a FYI.

Not much I can do with this, at a minimum I'd need a log file, especially if you don't know if IR is up-to-date

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.